My continuing search for good C02 pistols and the APS Combat Adaptive Pistol

Wingman

Taking the plunge and trying to accrue a good collection of C02 pistols. Why? We are heading for our typical New England fall/winter/spring seasons, and it gets pretty raw here and green gas/propane just doesnt get the job done.

So far (and this is over the last 2 years) I've purchased the following:

KJW KP07 MEU

KJW 1911A1

KJW/ASG CZ P09 Duty

Cyber Gun Colt Rail Gun

Yesterday I took in a APS A-CAP Combat Adaptive Pistol. Now I admit, the pistol looks different and is not representative of any real steel pistol, but it I was curious and as there is zero possibility of getting an actual Glock model here in the states, especially C02, the APS seemed to be worth a try. My only other option was the KWC M&P 9 C02 model, but I've not heard anything about that one.

I've heard horror stories about the APS magazines and their unusual design, but I used all 3 of the magazines and went through 2 C02 bulbs in each of them. They worked just fine. I know this is a very limited amount of shooting, but its all I've had time for so far.

For shooters with large hands (like myself), this may not be the pistol for you. The grip is very, very slim (slimmer than a M&P 9 using the small backstrap). The plastic material used is very strong and there is no flexing at all. Imagine a g17 with a straight and rounded backstrap, just large enough to contain the magazine, and thats what you have here. Its OK, but the grip on my P09 Duty and the 1911 style pistols fit my hand better.

Pistol shoots pretty well. I think my Colt Rail Gun is the only pistol the may shoot harder. I've not shot it enough for a real accuracy rating, but is does well with.25's. We will see as time goes on. APS also seems to also carry a selection of slides for these pistols as well.

If you have any sugguestions regarding good C02 pistols, I'd like to hear about them. Just keep in mind that anything that looks like a true replica of a G series pistol cant get in here. 

Archived