PPS to APS aka PPAP(S)

renegadecow

Because reasons, I've been tasked to convert a PPS M870 to accept APS CAM870 shells. Went surprisingly easier than I anticipated: all that needed doing is reprofiling the extractor a bit and modifying the firing pin and chamber depth. I put in a barrel sleeve to get the right APS bore but I suspect it would work without it and just loose some fps. That said, I haven't fired it yet, heck I haven't even assembled it as I'm still waiting for the epoxy to cure. Don't want that barrel sleeve shooting out and poking a 3/4" hole in someone.

IMG_8316.jpg

IMG_8317.jpg

Nice mod. What barrel diameter did you use? I moded my barrels to be 17mm inner diameter.

How did you atached the mag tube ring to the barrel? That's the only point is failing to me. Tried screwing and epoxy but it keep failing with the heavy racking. I may try aluminium brazing or even TIG welding.

A nice aluminium (or even steel) chamber for the Tanaka/PPS (and of course buckshot version) is on my "to do a small batch" project list. I already did the prototype and worked pretty well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived