Build or Buy?

MrKingTaco1776

3vi1-D4n, that's the first time I've heard an airsofter talk about a bell curve! I'll agree with the cost vs. performance of a midrange AEG as they are the better bang for your buck in most ways. I personally have never had a MOSFET fail on my and I use them in each gun, however, we don't seem to have an iron sand issue.

Yeah given the amount of airsoft guns I have fixed as a tech/gunsmith, and owned since 1995, a bell shaped curve is most appropriate to describe the statistics :P

Funny that with real guns I have yet to observe this bell shaped curve, but then again I haven't tried every pistol and rifle to date.  From the Chinese made AR15 to a JP rifle AR15 race gun, the performance differences are just astronomical as is the price.

Basically it's called the price/performance ratio? And I think that is always shaped like a gong... Triangle. Clock... Errr drum?

Bell!

Like with cars and hifi and well, everything: there's a mildly costly golden price standard for quality.

Headphones: 200

Cars: 20.000

Computers: 1500

All Belgian prices in Euro's

What is cheaper hasn't got the functionality anf what costs more has functionality ypundon't need and better esthetics.

Gbb: 150-200

Aeg: 350-450

Airsoft equipent and clothing is mostly around 150/200 in my case.

I like these studies ^^

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

The question of whether to buy or just build is something I am currently doing as I am fixing a problematic but fun gbb (a jg m4 gbb). 

There are parts out there that I can order and drop them in but I can also try to make existing parts work by employing tried and true methods. That or find a new way while understanding what the problem is.

There will come a time when I will conclude that bringing a corpse back to life is impossible and I'm better off going to a shop to get what I need. 

In the course of any project one will lean to buying or building depending on what is believed to be needed. This does not include influence from the outside as I mentioned in my previous post.

At the end I will most likely look at what I did both right and wrong, swear that my mistakes will never be repeated, a more organized and managed process will be followed on the next project. I will take a step back and admire what I created, think of how to answer people's questions on how I accomplished my work, and of course have fun using it. 

When all is said and done, it's time for another one. 

Sometimes build, mostly buy. I find it funny that it might cost the same if not more to build a legit Marui 1911, then a custom aeg M4.

Anyone who's built a WA 1911 lately, knows the fun that goes into finding even stock parts, much less upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived