Can you install TM G17 frame parts into a TM G18c frame ?

Wingman

Having difficulty getting a hold of a TM or WE G17 SAI style pistol, so I've decided to build one all from parts. Most likely wont have much in the way of trades, but thats ok as the pistol will be a "working gun".

I have a TM G17 with Foliage Green frame already and just started buying all the parts I could find on the internet at a reasonable price. One of the items is a TM G18c. The pistol doesnt function but the frame and interior parts were in hardly used shape. I also got APS silver, gold and black G17 barrels (no markings), APS threaded barrel adapter, a pretty nice APS Legacy CNC'd slide (no markings but all the cut outs), Guarder stainless recoil spring guide and a heavier springs. Trying to find some appropriate sights as the standard G17 sights are just so blah. I was thinking a set of Heinie sights but wouldnt mind a set of tritium or a quality set of fiber optics that actually work well and dont look cheap.

I bought the G18c as I like the metal reinforced magazine release and there are other parts I can use later on other projects. I think the whole set up might look better with the black frame of the G18c. I just dont know if there are any differences to the G17 as I've never taken one completely apart before.

I'd appreciate it if anyone who knows could tell me if the frame switch will work or not. Also, if you have any ideas of some decent sights and were I might find them, I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks

So I'll be good to go. Terrific. Just put all the works together on the Forest Green frame and it worked quite well. I do think it will look better with the black frame. Should probably find an extended slide release while I have it all apart as I probably wont want to do this twice (1911's are sooo easy). I also need to get the new sights.

Thanks to all for getting back to me so quickly.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently working on a couple of KJW G23's. Having difficult time finding frames and slides but have everything else. Pretty much done with the Timberwolf XTR and it came out really well. Thinking about getting a RMR set up for it.

Was going to start the G18 to G17 project this weekend. Some other parts I wanted to add to it finally showed up. These parts can get expensive (lol).

Switch over project done and it all went just fine. No issues and all the parts slid right in. Seems to shoot ok so far.

Actually it was a good thing I did the project as when I was taking apart the TM G17 Foliage frame, I found the the hole for the forward chassis screw in the frame had cracked and splintered, so bye bye frame.

My only screw-ups (so far) is the fact that I had not ordered sights other than the Guarder metal 3 dot sights and they are just too blah for this. I had put a set of the UAC Day-Night sights on the KJW 23 that I had a blank slide for, and they are pretty nice (has a Guarder G19 barrel, serial number plate, recoil guide rod  with spring and trigger on that). I have another KJW G23 with Foliage frame that I've done the same work, but it has a G23 barrel as that slide has G23 markings (not great but they are there) and that pistol has Heine sights. While they look good, they are all black. Still looking and any sugggestions are welcome.

My last "known" screw-up is that I did'nt order enough extended slide releases.

Still looking for G19/23 frames out there.

My Timberwolf XTR got a new Lone Wolf traded extended/threaded barrel. It's aluminium brushed satin silver. Looks nice on the pistol. 

Archived