"Alpha BLE-001" First GBB from ICS!

DrAlexanderTobacco

Meh another M&P-like. ICS, just off the top of my head I can give quite a list of pistols for you to make and be awesome: Jericho, Bren Ten, Hi-power (with a normal sight, not the tangent), Wildey, Automag, H&K P7, and the classic S&W autos. 

There's so much out there waiting to be done, it's sad to see companies copying each other all the time...

Hey if it works well for skirmishing, all good.  I'd hope it fits another guns' holster though and takes available mags, otherwise - Big fat fail.

Not sure 'big fat fail' is the best description considering Firesupport have sold out already although magazine compatibility is always nice from a customer point of view, not so great for ICS considering they'll probably make more from the magazines than the pistols.

Personally I'm all for it, my experience is ICS generally make nice products for reasonable prices, it could turn out to be a great skirmish workhorse and there are already original spare parts available to order which can't be said for a lot of other unusual/proprietary gas guns, at some point I'd like to pick one up and see what they're like for myself.

I'm not a huge fan of the look of it myself mindyou, but at least they shouldn't have any licencing issues and what sales they'll lose from not being a 'replica' they'll probably make up with wider availability than say, a Glock.

Not terribly fond of that magazine - looks like those two tiny nubs that stick out of the front are what the mag catch holds on to. Fun times getting that out of a mag pouch in a hurry.

Also, WE style barrel cut and hop-up rubber, hmmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

Conspiracy theory time.

This is ICS' first GBB, something they really haven't shown a whole lot of interest in previously, let alone experience with.

Watching KahnSeb's video where he disassembled the hop-up unit I noticed the something a little odd. The window of the inner barrel is shorter than standard VSR/Marui based pistol cuts. If I had to guess the nub on the bucking is larger to accommodate for it.

This is something different from most every company in the industry using Marui styled systems, and it may really cut down on compatibility.

The only other company to my knowledge that has hop-up units with that style are WE. They changed all of their current models to work with this.

Here's a screen grab from Kahn Seb's video, and a photo comparison, courtesy of W&S airsoft.

Could WE be the OEM, or at least have been contracted to make specific parts?

post-99212-0-69143500-1480471640_thumb.png

post-99212-0-49228000-1480471687_thumb.jpg

Archived