APS Smart Shot Mini Launcher

renegadecow

I guess this is now becoming a thing. Mechanically speaking, it looks identical to the earlier SG Tactical launcher except for the cutout on the barrel. Not sure just how much weight they saved in doing that or they're just paranoid some douche will convert one of their products again to fire live ammunition.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/a-p-s-smart-shot-mini-launcher-with-belt-loop.html#.WC0K2L0RXtI

apsh-ac057_4_mark.jpg

RC, I've been trying to persuade Blobface to make a 12-gauge revolver chambered for the APS shells for months, and he's being reluctant. I think you need to answer the call here. I'm foreseeing some kind of cross between the Manville tear gas revolver and the Taurus Raging Judge.

[EDIT]Turns out Taurus demo'd a 28-gauge Raging Judge, but they couldn't make it non-NFA.

That's 13.97mm/0.550", or 75% the size of a 12-gauge (18.53mm/0.729").[/EDIT]

Got over-excited a few weeks ago when I saw the Manville somewhere else and thought it had been in an expansion I played for the original Ghost Recon back in't day.  Sadly wrong.

Honestly though, barely see these mini launchers (of whatever style) at games, no doubt they'll die off the same as 40mm shower shells did years ago.  That said if I were to get one (not owning a shell ejecting shotgun already) I'd go for one where you just drop all the BBs in; less ancillaries needed.

This looks like a nearly direct copy of the "SG" launcher that came out a few months ago. Even the firing mechanism looks identical. Except that they've cut part of the barrel out for some reason.

I prefer the SG one personally. It fires aps shells just fine.

OK, I'm feeling a bit offended here... About a month before this came out I asked APS if they could OEM my mini-shotgun idea...

Nice to see they did, but without me.

Mine would be up for production but I don't have a retailer for it. Retailers won't return any emails or answer any messages on fb.

PS: I'm 3d modeling a revolver using the APS apm50 shells.

Archived