Marui XDM-40 4.5 upgrade suggestions

FeroxDrakenHK

Hi, I have had my XDM for a while, a couple of years now. Recently the cycling has been a bit stiff and janky. I would like to upgrade it but not sure where to start other than the metal slide as a friend suggested. 

I'm looking for recommendations as to which products I should buy to upgrade my pistol, and if there are any internal components or parts I should prioritise please. 

I don't want anything too flashy or colourful, I use it for stealth work and CQB so the more practical the better.

Appreciate the help!

This is what I did to mine:

Shooters Design slide and outer barrel

Spring and Spring guide - I think mine was Nine ball, but could have been Shooters Design too

Inner barrel - Nine Ball 6.01

Hop Bucking - Nine Ball

I love mine, it's my only pistol and I've had it since it first came out. 

This is what I did to mine:

Shooters Design slide and outer barrel

Spring and Spring guide - I think mine was Nine ball, but could have been Shooters Design too

Inner barrel - Nine Ball 6.01

Hop Bucking - Nine Ball

I love mine, it's my only pistol and I've had it since it first came out. 

Thank you I will go around Gun street in Hong Kong today and try source the Shooter design materials!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack this but I thought of this after reading here. I purchased this slide and it's currently on it's way across the ocean: http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=634_223&products_id=15483

When I fit it on will I need to replace the recoil spring? My pistol was an Evike boneyard gun and I have had it for almost 3 years now. Love it and it's my primary. With that slide, is there anything else I may need to change out from stock parts?

Look at it this way.  With a metal slide and a stiffer spring, you're giving the charge of gas two extra tasks to do on the rearward movement of the slide: propel a heavier slide and compress a stiffer spring.

Certainly, a stiffer spring will propel the slide forward faster, but only if it's been suitably compressed first.  Definitely keep stock unless you really need to change things.

Archived