WE AK47 PMC Magazine Release Reassembly Problems

Sturm

I recently disassembled much of my WE AK PMC, and now I'm having considerable trouble reinstalling the magazine catch. It has this spring-like thing inside of it, and a pin runs through it. I have no idea what orientation it goes, and I have no clue how to do it without becoming a radioactive mutant with four arms. Can someone help me please? I assume the process is similar to other AK GBBRs out there. I just cannot get it in correctly, and the spring thing is not applying enough pressure to keep the release latch stable and strong enough.

Apparently AK magazine latches are known to be problematic to install? That is just great!! I wish I never took the bloody thing off. I didn't need to anyway to diagnose the issue I was suspecting. Wow.

So, nonetheless, I need some advice on getting the bugger on and working again. Has anyone here worked with a WE AK GBBR and knows how to properly put the magazine release back on? I do not know if the mag release spring is as tense as a real steel one, but either way, she's proving to be a giant *bramston pickle* to install.

Pretty much as a real AK. Simplest way is like this (starts at 8:12)

Oh god. There really is no 'easy' way. *fruitcage* me. Honestly, *fruitcage* my life ):

About the pin, would I have to round it off to get it to stay?

They are fairly easy to get. Although pricey, definitely not worth it for a one time use.

nope, that part is just for real AKs.

The price is not actually that bad. Yeah, I'm cheap and obviously would rather fix it for free, but who knows if I could ever get it on correctly myself.

I actually did make some progress from that video, but the problem I'm facing is that instead of facing inward, the catch is literally all the way outwards, which looks awkward as hell and prevents a magazine from going or locking in. I think this is happening because the long side of the spring is too big and I am not compressing it fully inside the catch - which is really hard to do.

Also, which way does the pin go in to make it very hard to get out? One side of it has serrations, and the other does not. Do you know what side this corresponds too?

How much easier do these armourer tools make this installation? Is it still a challenge, or does it make the process much more simple? Honestly, how good those tools work depends on whether or not I'm willing to invest 50$ USD in one.

I actually did make some progress from that video, but the problem I'm facing is that instead of facing inward, the catch is literally all the way outwards,

Wait... sounds like you inserted it the wrong way :s when correctly installed, both legs of the spring should point up (that is, to the receiver). Shorter one should be in the catch, longer one against the trigger guard

I don't see how you could "not compress it enough", you wouldn't be able to insert the pin trhough the spring if that was the case

Wait... sounds like you inserted it the wrong way :s when correctly installed, both legs of the spring should point up (that is, to the receiver). Shorter one should be in the catch, longer one against the trigger guard

I don't see how you could "not compress it enough", you wouldn't be able to insert the pin trhough the spring if that was the case

Yeah, that's probably what happened. Still, I thought I was following the video correctly. The long 'leg' just sticks out too much. I need to compress it fully inside the catch, but this is rather difficult. Actually, now that I try it again, I am not getting the long leg to face up. I have no idea how I would go about doing that. As it rests on the trigger guard, it is too long to compress upwards towards the receiver.

I need one of those damn armourer's tools. Do they really make this ordeal considerably easier? Have you used one before?

Alright, so I believe I am making additional progress.

I actually did manage to get the long leg of the spring positioned up towards the receiver. However, as I withdrew my punch that was holding it in place, to insert the pin, the tension became too great, and the spring slipped and sent a strong message to the billion nerve endings on one of my finger nails. Ouch.

Now, the long leg is pretty bent and *fruitcage*ed up. (Sighs) I'll probably need to order some spare ones from kyairsoft. At least I am surely but slowly getting somewhere. What a giant pain in the *albatross*...

Archived