WE Mars P long long

fnc

The trigger on the real P99 AS resets all the way to the front only when decocked.  

There's also the anti stress mode where the striker is cocked but the trigger is all the way forward so it's not as easy to accidentally discharge due to pull length but isn't nearly as heavy as double action. Visually WE copies it as if anti stress mode is always engaged so the trigger will go all the way forward after every subsequent shot, but actual reset is very short.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as Feyd said, you need to switch the barrel to the wide, open, round and long type if using the Maple Leaf buckings, as the shorter, newer WE standard is not really compatible. You can get away with the short type and a W hold type bucking, like PDI or A+. But imho going the full Maple Leaf route is totally worth it, specially if you get a Crazy Jet barrel.

Cheers for coming back to me all useful info, have you tested the crazy jet over the standard maple leaf barrel In any pistols? Just curious if it actually works.

Mine hops a few rounds and then won't hop the only thing I haven't changed is the barrel so it's got to be worth a shot. Shame really as it's a really nice pistol.

I did. Standard Maple Leaf are really good, but Crazy Jets are just out of this world. I'm talking about the same accuracy as a sniper rifle at 20m, in the hands of a competitive shooter, which I am not. But I can easily hit a green gas can at 25m every time. And the max range is about 60m, pretty insane for a handgun. 

Seriously, nothing in airsoft history has impressed me so much as Crazy Jet barrels in pistols. They are great for GBBRs and VSR too, with an impressive performance on par with much more expensive EdGI's and PDI's. It's just that in the particular case of pistols, they are simply insane and miles better than anything else.

And as Feyd said, you need to switch the barrel to the wide, open, round and long type if using the Maple Leaf buckings, as the shorter, newer WE standard is not really compatible. You can get away with the short type and a W hold type bucking, like PDI or A+. But imho going the full Maple Leaf route is totally worth it, specially if you get a Crazy Jet barrel.

I did. Standard Maple Leaf are really good, but Crazy Jets are just out of this world. I'm talking about the same accuracy as a sniper rifle at 20m, in the hands of a competitive shooter, which I am not. But I can easily hit a green gas can at 25m every time. And the max range is about 60m, pretty insane for a handgun. 

Seriously, nothing in airsoft history has impressed me so much as Crazy Jet barrels in pistols. They are great for GBBRs and VSR too, with an impressive performance on par with much more expensive EdGI's and PDI's. It's just that in the particular case of pistols, they are simply insane and miles better than anything else.

Sounds interesting might need to do a little testing myself, any idea what length inner is in the P99? so i can get one on order. 

Original is 80mm, but you want to go a couple of mm longer to account for the shorter hop chamber, I used a 91mm (cause it was the only one I could find at the time), but it's a tad too long, you can see the barrel a little more than you usually would, and I think it sticks it's tongue out when firing, but you'd need a high speed camera to see it :-p

Archived