New Tokyo Marui Releases for 2017?

Mike 8-{>

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Google translated the hyperdouraku page, and I caught this.

"SGR-12 is, in fact, there was sounded most this time is seen strategic posture of Marui. Honest, but there is no not say gun design and safe, commentary that there was a model that was conscious towards the entry into the world market comes out even in the presentation is supposed to work in a good direction for the future of Marui. A joke before the event Marui USA founded, shot show 2017 has been exhibited and Tsuitto, is it close.

Once electric gun of Tokyo Marui is to was difficult to obtain overseas, the situation has not changed so much greater now. So Taiwan products to rise, Taiwan manufacturers can also view that became bigger and bigger. It also becomes possible to work closely with the actual gun manufacturer if able to have offices abroad. Not electric shotgun only in Marui, completely original AR also want you to make.

Someday or not able day will come covered the booth of Marui in Las Vegas shot show, was the SGR-12 announcement of this time to think so"

WHAT? Marui USA? Maybe someone who can read Japanese can translate correctly.

I don't believe TM has really ignored the international market ever. I think it's just a mix of doing things the japanese way and plausible deniability because their ASGK membership or somethink like that.

I mean, who the hell makes the transparent  lowers of TM guns sold in Canada and other places?

This is why you don't try and look serious and be dramatic when all you're doing is bb gunning.

I am generally pretty sick of nothing-but plain black guns and pot metal quad rails at this point, zero interest; so the 416 is the most interesting version TM have done so far to my mind.  Would've still preferred an A5 but that'd be a pretty significant change in moulds/tooling I'd imagine and very few airsofters seem to know (or care) about it.  Would still have to change the forend and a few other bits, but it does look pretty darn good imho.

SGR... yep, looks pretty and infinitely more practical than the AA-12.  Good use of the SCAR upper extrusions for a different weapon as mentioned, interesting the lower seems to take AR grips and trigger guards.  Can't say I'd have one being a fictional gun but props to them for making something much more skirmishable in just about every regard.

Not personally very fussed about compacts and the Gen 5 Glocks are looming, so maybe we'll see a full overhaul of the fleet to an updated design then.  A man can dream.  More interested in the M45 frame myself, though I can't really tell from the pictures whether they've finally moulded the rail in to the frame as per the real thing to permit fitting in real holsters.

Took them what, two decades to figure out that good money can be made from airsoft outside of Japan?

Don't forget, Tokyo Marui was not a huge company 20 years ago, they were not a huge company a decade ago. They used to release new weapons every few years. Now, they are pretty much a dominate force every year. My guess is their profit margin has expanded over the last decade to allow a international subsidiary.

Plus, the company is known to be very careful with how they spend money. Especially, during Japan's current economic problems.

Tokyo Marui isn't that big of a company. They don't have the employees for a serious expansion. And even within Japan, airsoft is starting to slowdown after a serious bubble. 

Their sales and marketing guy said that once japan sales inevitably drop they will look to official overseas sales, but right now there is no point. eHobby and other distributors are doing the footwork for them so why bother?

Also Iwasawa-san calls the shots on most things and he doesn't feel the need to expand.

Source:

h3Zo902l.jpg

Tokyo Marui isn't that big of a company. They don't have the employees for a serious expansion. And even within Japan, airsoft is starting to slowdown after a serious bubble. 

Their sales and marketing guy said that once japan sales inevitably drop they will look to official overseas sales, but right now there is no point. eHobby and other distributors are doing the footwork for them so why bother?

Also Iwasawa-san calls the shots on most things and he doesn't feel the need to expand.

Source:

h3Zo902l.jpg

I thought so, plus hyperdouraku pretty much said it was a "joke before the show"

Yeah KWA beat them to market with the next gen ak..trouble is neither of those companies will have steel aks... which ruins it for me.

I think the bigger issue is that the KWA is notoriously unreliable. Like "less than five magazines before implosion" unreliable.

A local RR member had a kwa out one day, I believe it kept acting up on a multitude of issues. 

I do not see TM returning to the kalash lines for awhile after the poor reception of their last attempt, other than just slapping more stuff on their beta model.  Other than their recent attempts to make new models (as this topic focuses on partly), they seem keen to stick to the US military mainstream formula.  This SGR-12, whilst fictional, has those bits and pieces that folks following that particular market want (the rail front extrusions, the ar grip compatibility, etc.).  I see them continuing on this path whilst trying to implement whatever new systems they develop internally or adapt externally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived