Where to Get Stark Arms Premium Glock 19?

Sturm

I really need to buy a Stark Arms Premium G19 (which is steel), but I cannot find anywhere that has it in stock. I do not care where it is, I just need the damn pistol. I put an order in for CRW Airsoft in Hong Kong, but apparently, after chasing them down for a week, they told me they are not in stock (wtf?!!). Can someone link a retailer that actually has them in stock? I've emailed KIC, which is a Taiwanese retailer, who practically has everything imaginable. Hopefully they can get me one, but in the mean time I need other ideas.

Sorry to say but these things are almost extinct due to Glock going after these unlicensed replicas. Can't recall seeing a steel SA Glock 19 anywhere for a long time.

Hell KIC even had all the SA Glocks removed for some time (now back but only normal aluminum ones).

But yeah, if anyone can get it, it would be KIC.

If you fail to get a hold of one, I happen to have mine for sale. New in box never used, sat in customs for 328 days and I've had it for like 1½ years more since.

:D

Sorry to say but these things are almost extinct due to Glock going after these unlicensed replicas. Can't recall seeing a steel SA Glock 19 anywhere for a long time.

Hell KIC even had all the SA Glocks removed for some time (now back but only normal aluminum ones).

But yeah, if anyone can get it, it would be KIC.

If you fail to get a hold of one, I happen to have mine for sale. New in box never used, sat in customs for 328 days and I've had it for like 1½ years more since.

:D

That's really sad ):

I placed an order for CRW Airsoft, and I had to basically stalk them to find out where my *fruitcage* order was. It took a week to get them to respond to any of my constant emails, and when they finally did, after my payment was cleared five days before, they told me my Premium G19 was not in stock. That really me off. I deserve something for my trouble. The whole situation was ridiculous. If I don't see a refund in my PayPal account by tomorrow, I'm going to literally go apeshit.

I doubt they'll even give me a discount to make up for it. Some of these retailers can be some of the cheapest bastards known to man.

Is KIC good with actually responding to emails? I contacted the foreign sales team yesterday. If they don't have it in stock, do you think they could actually get one from the manufacturer?

If all else fails, I suppose I would be willing to buy the gun off you. I'm not a huge fan of used anything, but providing it has never been fired, gently handled, etc, I might be interested. How much are you asking?

I have owed every stark/vfc pistol made bar the gen 3 glock 17 and the vp9, I would not recommend them at all!! They look great but that really is it!! Their are better glocks available for the price. I would even consider the new KJW g17 or the kjw g19 and get guarder stuff for them, the quality will be miles better IMO.

I have owed every stark/vfc pistol made bar the gen 3 glock 17 and the vp9, I would not recommend them at all!! They look great but that really is it!! Their are better glocks available for the price. I would even consider the new KJW g17 or the kjw g19 and get guarder stuff for them, the quality will be miles better IMO.

Well, that's contrary to most things I've heard. According to most stuff I read, steel or not, Stark Arms Glocks are basically the best.

That being said, NonEx, I'm pretty interested in your Premium G19. Airsoft Global actually has a single Premium G17 left, without the case or magazine. Since I have two Stark Arms G19 magazines (which I bought from Ehobbyasia before I got screwed over by CRW), your gun is of interest. How much would you want for it? Can it be considered new? If I bought it from you, could I get away with saying that it was bought brand new?

I'm still waiting to hear back from KIC. I've also emailed WGC shop, since they tend to have a lot of specially ordered stuff for sale, I figured they might be able to hook me up with a special order or some *suitcase*. Does Stark Arms / VFC still manufacture the Premium pistols, or are they discontinued?

Don't know where you get your information from but Stark arms glocks are far from the best. I can agree that it is the best looking Glock replica out of the box, but far from the best performance wise like Icolater says... 

KSC/KWA glocks are a lot better also TM based glocks like WE and KJW with upgraded parts from guarder are a lot better.

Boom Arms is another store that will search for an item for you.

I would ask, trust me. I basically know of every major retailer in Hong Kong that has a website. Boom Arms has never responded to an email I have sent them, and trust me, I have emailed them in the past. I also know DenTrinity, but they never respond to emails as well.

Airsoft Global actually has one remaining Premium G17 in stock (the page for it on their website still says 'out of stock'). I'm going to look into that quite a bit. It is brand new according to them, albeit it does not have its C02 magazine. I asked them if they could put in a regular green gas magazine for it. It seems like a good offer. I'll need to wait for some pictures though, as well as give the retailers I contacted time to respond.

Alright, an update!

I bought Airsoft Global's last Premium G17.

It arrived today, and damn, it is sexy (:

However, I noticed that sometimes when racking the slide, the slide does not always go forward the entire way. If I pull the trigger when this happens, the slide will suddenly shift back into the correct forward position. It is kind of weird, and hard to accurately describe. I disassembled it (which was really awkward, since I know nothing about how Glocks disassemble. I learned a bit more about it in the last few hours), and lubed the *suitcase* out of it, and the slide still sometimes refuses to go the entire way. The recoil spring and guiderod assembly is somewhat loose. It is not retained by anything, not even a nub. Is this a bad thing? Or is it related to the loading nozzle / piston head? Is there a break-in period for most Glocks?

NonEx, since you're pretty much a Glock expert (I'm more of a 1911 person), what do you say about this?

Completely normal on Stark Glocks unfortunately. It will break in over time. Also not racking it with full force, i.e. using power stroke method or slide release, but rather easing the slide forward, will result in an out of battery position due to the heavy mechanics in the hammer mechanism. It's just very clunky for the slide to seat on the hammer when going into battery.

Recoil spring guide rod is as on the real thing, no nub or cuts. It seats properly in the frame when assembled.

Do a couple of houndred manual racks and clean/lube it and it should get better, but not great.

How far off is the slide from going all the way forward? I seem to recall there being some sort of design flaw that left a 1-1.5mm gap at the front between slide and frame. I think there was a solution to it, probably in the SA Glock news thread or if there is one, the review thread.

Completely normal on Stark Glocks unfortunately. It will break in over time. Also not racking it with full force, i.e. using power stroke method or slide release, but rather easing the slide forward, will result in an out of battery position due to the heavy mechanics in the hammer mechanism. It's just very clunky for the slide to seat on the hammer when going into battery.

Recoil spring guide rod is as on the real thing, no nub or cuts. It seats properly in the frame when assembled.

Do a couple of houndred manual racks and clean/lube it and it should get better, but not great.

How far off is the slide from going all the way forward? I seem to recall there being some sort of design flaw that left a 1-1.5mm gap at the front between slide and frame. I think there was a solution to it, probably in the SA Glock news thread or if there is one, the review thread.

Are real Glocks known to be like that?

The slide is probably about two centimetres off when this happens. When I originally unboxed it, it did seem a lot more common. It still often occurs when I release the slide stop, not as much when I manually rack the slide.

Here are some pictures. They are not the greatest, but, well...

post-100957-0-23462100-1480598581_thumb.jpeg

post-100957-0-40430500-1480598626_thumb.jpeg

post-100957-0-98375100-1480598725_thumb.jpeg

Yeah that 2cm stop is when the BBU has to work its way over the wonky hammer mechanism. It will break in eventually, but maybe not before the hammer machanism actually breaks :D

The 2cm stop is not normal for real Glocks. It's due to the trip lever in the SA hammer machanism that the blow back unit has to go past to get into battery. Too much resistance.

The 1-1.5mm gap is also not normal on real Glocks.

I can't find the thread for it (in relation to SA Glock) but I think I came to the conclusion that iwas the feed lips on the magazine stopping the nozzle too soon which then in turn mean the slide didn't go flush with the frame. Sanded down the back of the magazine feed lip

Yeah that 2cm stop is when the BBU has to work its way over the wonky hammer mechanism. It will break in eventually, but maybe not before the hammer machanism actually breaks :D

The 2cm stop is not normal for real Glocks. It's due to the trip lever in the SA hammer machanism that the blow back unit has to go past to get into battery. Too much resistance.

The 1-1.5mm gap is also not normal on real Glocks.

I can't find the thread for it (in relation to SA Glock) but I think I came to the conclusion that iwas the feed lips on the magazine stopping the nozzle too soon which then in turn mean the slide didn't go flush with the frame. Sanded down the back of the magazine feed lip

It seems to be gradually breaking itself in. I see it happening less and less. However, I am not using C02, but regular gas magazines. I'm filling the magazines with Guarder Power-up gas. Would this make any difference? Once I learn how to really disassemble the pistol well, I'll probably upgrade the loading nozzle and piston head, so I can shoot on regular gas in somewhat cold weather decently enough.

The only time where the 2cm 'stop' occurs every time is when I release the slide stop with the gun barrel-up in the air. I assume this is because of the recoil spring. Besides that, it does seem to be disappearing the more use it gets (I haven't even shot it much, just racking the slide seems to 'break-in' the internals a lot).

About the hammer assembly, is that what is causing it? I've heard a lot about the slide getting caught on the internal hammer. Over time, I assume this lessens. Are Stark Arms internals pretty bad? Will I actually experience a parts breakage soon? Lol.

If this happens, where can I pick up spare parts?

Yeah Guarder PUG should work, don't expect more than 20 shots or so though.

Quick tip to get better gas efficiency, put in a 0.25 second puff of gas in the magazine, then dump it out by pressing the release valve in with your finger (magazine right side up). Then fill it again as usual. It will take in a lot more gas. I think it's referred to as purging the magazine or something. Two things happen, left over gas and air get pushed out, and you slightly lower the temp of the magazine compared to the gas you are putting into it, meaning the gas has more positive pressure to get in the magazine chamber (?).

Barrel up position means two things. You are fighting gravity, and your barrel is not in it's normal "resting" position that is optimal for a full into battery travel of the slide. So that is to be expected, especially on the SA Glock.

Yep it's the derpy hammer mech that is the cause. And yeah the internals, especially hammer mechanism is pretty poor and will break sooner or later (most likely).

WGCShop carry pretty much all SA Glock parts.

Yeah Guarder PUG should work, don't expect more than 20 shots or so though.

Quick tip to get better gas efficiency, put in a 0.25 second puff of gas in the magazine, then dump it out by pressing the release valve in with your finger (magazine right side up). Then fill it again as usual. It will take in a lot more gas. I think it's referred to as purging the magazine or something. Two things happen, left over gas and air get pushed out, and you slightly lower the temp of the magazine compared to the gas you are putting into it, meaning the gas has more positive pressure to get in the magazine chamber (?).

Barrel up position means two things. You are fighting gravity, and your barrel is not in it's normal "resting" position that is optimal for a full into battery travel of the slide. So that is to be expected, especially on the SA Glock.

Yep it's the derpy hammer mech that is the cause. And yeah the internals, especially hammer mechanism is pretty poor and will break sooner or later (most likely).

WGCShop carry pretty much all SA Glock parts.

PUG? What is that? Isn't Guarder a stay-away brand when it comes to internals?

It is pretty surprising, actually. The magazine is pretty big, and can hold quite a bit of gas, but after maybe 15 or so shots, the magazine will get so cold the slide stop will not activate. There is plenty of gas to go through all BBs loaded, cooldown is simply the problem.

Something to think about. I know you have an Inokatsu 1911, and so do I. I actually really like mine. I've upgraded it to the point where gas magazines are usable, even in autumn weather. I can double tap 14 rounds out of the thin 1911 magazines with a locked back slide, but I cannot fire 17 rounds from the Glock and lock back with a magazine that is double the size. Interesting how that works...

That "magazine purge" that NonEx mentions works wonders. Started using it with my WE P38's and all my TM anf KJW 1911's I could not believe the number of shots I ended up getting. Use it for just about every GBB I own now, including a new Echo 1 Timberwolf.

Valve 'purging' wouldn't really matter in my case. Cooldown is the problem, not gas capacity. I guess it is just too cold outside. If I shoot somewhat slow (2-3 seconds per shot), I can usually shoot 17 rounds and have the slide lock back. I guess, when spring comes around, I'll see how much better it is. I presume it will be a lot better. How could I reduce cooldown?

For my Inokatsu, cooldown is not the problem, gas capacity is - because the magazines are so bloody small! That is why my gas efficiency upgrades helped a lot. Release valve purging would help even more, but it is really not that important when I can double tap 15 rounds out of the magazine when there is wind and frost outside.

Archived