WE AK PMC Shattering BBs

Sturm

WII Tech parts are fairly new, but reviews so far are really good. While RA-Tech... to be honest I think 90% of what people claim to be "WE failures" are actually "I rushed to install this RA part out of fear, and now everything is failing". But anyway... 

A firing pin failing to reset means some spring is not working properly, or something is misaligned and getting in the way. It's hard to see in your videos. But the simplest approach would be to open that box once again and checking the integrity of springs #92, #96 and #101, and double-check that all pieces are alligned nicelym specially the #92 spring is properly seated bellow that part no one knows how to call.

Or let's discard the obvious first.. I had some sort of similar behaviour one time that I over tightened the screws that holds both parts of the trigger box together, maybe loosen the screw a teeny tiny bit fixes the issue

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WII Tech parts are fairly new, but reviews so far are really good. While RA-Tech... to be honest I think 90% of what people claim to be "WE failures" are actually "I rushed to install this RA part out of fear, and now everything is failing". But anyway... 

A firing pin failing to reset means some spring is not working properly, or something is misaligned and getting in the way. It's hard to see in your videos. But the simplest approach would be to open that box once again and checking the integrity of springs #92, #96 and #101, and double-check that all pieces are alligned nicelym specially the #92 spring is properly seated bellow that part no one knows how to call.

Or let's discard the obvious first.. I had some sort of similar behaviour one time that I over tightened the screws that holds both parts of the trigger box together, maybe loosen the screw a teeny tiny bit fixes the issue

Hmm. Yes, I have a tendency to really tighten screws. I recall the trigger box screws are on there about as tight as they could be without becoming stripped. I'll check that. What strange behaviour did that cause in your gun?

I pulled it apart again yesterday. Nothing appeared to be wrong. I put it back together, same issue still present. I do not think anything installation-wise is wrong. Maybe it is the screws being too tight? Either way, #92 is situated below that sear-like piece (which, coincidentally I do not know the name of, lol).

A sticky firing pin, precisely. Check if loosen the front screw a tiny bit fixes it.

I'll try to post a video Saturday anyway.

Sadly, loosening the screws did not fix anything. I tightened them back up again, and what else, I stripped the front screw because I accidentally deformed the head! Lucky me!

Should I email WII Tech and ask if they can assemble a trigger box with their parts in it? Are they significantally better than RA Tech? Does RA Tech do anything well?

Did you strip the screw or chew out the head? Either way is fixable. For a stripped screw you can get away with super glue or if you want to be more professional about it, drill and tap for the next size metric screw. If the head went round, simply cut a deep slot with a dremel cutting disc for a flat screwdriver to bite into.

Did you strip the screw or chew out the head? Either way is fixable. For a stripped screw you can get away with super glue or if you want to be more professional about it, drill and tap for the next size metric screw. If the head went round, simply cut a deep slot with a dremel cutting disc for a flat screwdriver to bite into.

I don't have a dremel.

Honestly, I'll wait a few days for Dimitri's video, and maybe a few more, but at this point I am seriously inclined to give RA Tech their bloody money and just buy a pre-assembled box from them. If it does not work, I can probably open a PayPal dispute or issue a chargeback.

It seems like some RA Tech stuff has tolerance issues, others are pretty good. Maybe I was just unlucky (like I usually am)?

RATech used to make ok parts so many of their early reviews cast them in a better light. But their quality and tolerances have since steeply fallen. As Dimitri mentioned, just about anyone posting problems at the WE FB page involves blindly stuffing their guns with RATech garbage.

So what else can I use?

Should I just get some WE steel upgrade parts? Are they better than RA Tech, and built to last for the most part? I can ask KYairsoft if they can put one together for me.

I'll try to upload the video later on today :)

imho WII Tech, WE'own, and Hephaestus all are better than RA-Tech. But as I said earlier, there's no need for a new FCG.. just watch the video and replace any spring that you see out of shape :)

The trigger box front screw is beyond repair. I cannot take the trigger box apart now.

Anyway, some of those replacement springs from Evike arrived today, including the disconnector spring (I ordered two). Despite the firing pin problem, I installed it and tested out full auto with BBs.

The same *fruitcage* thing happened! Every few shots a bunch of BBs pour out or get pounded into oblivion by the bolt carrier.

The disconnector appears to be working...I guess. It stays up properly, and has some form of spring tension, although not much. Is the bolt carrier supposed to pull the disconnector down? Because it is not doing that.

I am so tired of this issue. I destroyed my trigger box to fix issues that might not even have been from the disconnector.

I am going to buy that bloody RA Tech trigger box. Goddamnit. I hope the firing pin and misfeeding problem is solved by getting another trigger box! What is really causing the misfeeds? Do you still think it is the disconnector? That being said, the full auto sear does not spring itself back into position if I push it down. Does that mean it is not installed properly?

Did you take the video yet?

Mate, don't get a new trigger box, that's just throwing good money after bad.

As for the stuck screw:

https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-HANSON-Spiral-Extractor-11119/dp/B0002NYBH8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1481801526&sr=8-7&keywords=screw+extractor

Mate, don't get a new trigger box, that's just throwing good money after bad.

As for the stuck screw:

https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-HANSON-Spiral-Extractor-11119/dp/B0002NYBH8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1481801526&sr=8-7&keywords=screw+extractor

Well, it's already been done.

I had no other choice. I spent a lot of money on this bloody gun, and I will not let go of it. I just need it to work properly. That RA Tech trigger box is probably the only chance I have left. I pray (jk, I'm an atheist) that it will solve all of my problems, with the firing pin, full auto disconnector, and the misfeeding. It must work. There is nothing left for me to do. Light a candle for me!

Well, it's already been done.

I had no other choice. I spent a lot of money on this bloody gun, and I will not let go of it. I just need it to work properly. That RA Tech trigger box is probably the only chance I have left. I pray (jk, I'm an atheist) that it will solve all of my problems, with the firing pin, full auto disconnector, and the misfeeding. It must work. There is nothing left for me to do. Light a candle for me!

Nothing you could have done to maybe get us better photos or wait until we can give you a detailed reassembly video?

Nothing at all. Literally nothing you could do.

Nothing you could have done to maybe get us better photos or wait until we can give you a detailed reassembly video?

Nothing at all. Literally nothing you could do.

The trigger box front screw head is deformed beyond recognition. There is no way to remove it. I do not have a dremel or any sort of screw-extracting device. I am quite literally *fruitcage*ed.

What could have changed that outcome?

Not being so hasty is a good bet - Everything you've touched, you've managed to break, plus ignoring a lot of advice such as pretty much everyone screaming DON'T GET RATECH - What's to stop you shipping this off to a tech to look at?

I'm blessed I reckon with the 'magic touch.' Yes, usually things break when I handle them for extended periods of time.

Actually, I generally have listened to advice. I wouldn't have even attempted to take that bloody trigger box apart in the first place if I wasn't advised to do it. If I didn't take the damn thing apart, maybe I wouldn't be in this mess. Taking the thing apart was not a necessity to replace the full auto disconnector spring.

I really did not have many options. I could ship it to a tech to fix, but that would probably cost just as much as an entirely new trigger box. I don't even know any techs in the first place.

Okay,

So AST shipped the upgraded trigger set and the trigger box (preinstalled) yesterday. They sent me a function test video, and it seems fine (although I do not think they fired actual BBs. It looked like dry firing). I am hopeful that when I get it and install it, all my problems will be solved. Fingers crossed (:

I look forward to the inevitable post where you can't screw the pistol grip on, post fuzzy, out of focus pictures of the problem, declare you don't have time to buy a screwdriver and install your trigger box with a sledgehammer, before complaining that the gun is awful and that there was literally nothing you could have done.

I look forward to the inevitable post where you can't screw the pistol grip on, post fuzzy, out of focus pictures of the problem, declare you don't have time to buy a screwdriver and install your trigger box with a sledgehammer, before complaining that the gun is awful and that there was literally nothing you could have done.

You do not need to be an *albatross*.

You have not contributed at all to this problem and discussion, yet you have the guts to judge me? Believe me, I did not want to blow 100$ additional dollars on a bloody new unit, but I wanted a working gun. Have I mentioned that I've been working on this gun for almost three months at this point? I'm tired. When you become tired of doing something, sometimes the 'easy' way becomes the only perceivable option.

I could not get any better videos or pictures. I am filming on a *fruitcage* iPhone. Should I invest 5000$ on a camera that can film 8k at 1000fps?

Archived