Will the Guarder G17 trigger and slide release work on a Timberwolf?

Wingman

Just received a new Echo 1 Timberwolf XTR. The price was right and I was thinking doing some up-grades.

The pistols trigger naturally still doesnt have the "trigger safety blade" and I've not been able to find any for sale, so I bought 4 sets of the Guarder TM G17 trigger. Three of them are going on my KJW G23's that I've decided to finally upgrade and I'm looking into their extended slide release.

Should I find any difficulty installing the trigger on the Timberwolf? This is my first total disassembly of a "G series" and it appears to be a bit more complicated than the 1911's I've been working on for years. Same goes with the slide release.

Hopefully there is at least one good video on Youtube (lol).

Well, I've answered the question about the trigger. It will fit with just a tad bit of fitting with a file. Where it comes in contact with the standard slide release took a couple of passes with my needle file set.

I will say that the hardest part of re-assembly was with the slide release and its freaking spring. I think it slipped out of alignment at least 3 times and naturally fell through the magazine well and bounced off the table and then on to the floor. Swift design.

A personal shout out to LaZoucheCustom Shop. That video on the TM G17 made it all possible. No more fears. 

LaZouche is a good dude. Not sure if his video covers the entire thing though.

I have a video on reassembly of the frame here: 

And a full playlist for the WE/TM Glock series here; 

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz5FTS2XoXatoT6YxrK09RsZEzZr0sGvt

*shameless self promotion*

Can't help with your actual questions though.

Sorry about that, but I've put yours on my data list as well now. You got a couple others I have to log as well.

Put a few magazines through the Timberwolf and it's not bad (much better than the one that I bought when they first came out). The Guarder Trigger was the most important thing that needed to be done. Getting some Heinie sights and maybe search out a TM G17 hop-up and inner barrel. I may have my TM G18c hop-up and inner barrel in the parts bin. Maybe that would work? Found one of those Guarder Serial number tags that replace that manual safety in my parts box, it was for the G18c but never I used it, so I put it in the Timberwolf as well. Fit like a glove.

Surprisingly my Guarder G17 outer barrel wont fit in the slide (?).

Sent for a Lone Wolf magwell as I've heard the real-steel may fit the Echo 1 frame and that should just about be the end of it. Unless anyone else has any ideas.

Lone Wolf magwell fits with just a little reshaping of the locking block if your going to use the larger backstrap (about 15 minutes worth the work with small file). Its a very heavy duty nylon/polymer piece. Not too large and looks good when using +2 magazine basepads. Cost about $20.00.

Archived