GBBR M4s and M16s - GHK, Viper Tech, Bomber

Sturm

I really hate M4s, but am interested in possibly getting one for the Christmas season. The GHK M4 series looks quite good, and is somewhat cheap compared to the latter two brands. However, it does not have the correct markings. Viper Tech makes pretty high-end M4s / M16s. How good are they? Are they worth the money? What is a good model that they have (besides the 1200$ USD M16A1)? Finally, there is Bomber. I believe they are a subsidiary of G&P. I like the M16A1 that they produce. Is it any good? What are the 'best' of these three brands?

GHK, with co2 mags they run like trains all year round, you can mod the mags (YT devil hunter mod) so you can fill them from a 20oz co2 bottle. They shoot well, parts are plentiful, I think one reason you don't see much discussion about them it is mainly because they just work. Mileage may vary there have been a few odd hiccups I've seen reported but for the most part they are good and skirmishable out of the box especially in the US with your higher fps range.

Personally I would use WE just because my #1 priority is accuracy and range, and nothing beats WE hop ups when you combine them with Maple Leaf upgrades.

But I recon GHK has superior quality overall, reliability is simply amazing, and the possibility to use CO2 from a paintball bottle with DeveilHunter's mod makes it one of the few GBBRs that can withstand the coldest winter without a hiccup, and pretty cheap to run.

So.. go GHK all the way. 

Personally I would use WE just because my #1 priority is accuracy and range, and nothing beats WE hop ups when you combine them with Maple Leaf upgrades.

But I recon GHK has superior quality overall, reliability is simply amazing, and the possibility to use CO2 from a paintball bottle with DeveilHunter's mod makes it one of the few GBBRs that can withstand the coldest winter without a hiccup, and pretty cheap to run.

So.. go GHK all the way.

Yes, I've read about that. Apparently the gas magazines use the same valves, etc. as the C02 ones? This means that the gas magazines can effectively hold liquid C02 without any problems?

About markings, where could I get the correct Colt markings engraved? Could most Hong Kong retailers (such as Airsoft Global) do engravings?

As far as I'm concerned the DevilHunter mod makes GHK's lead in the GBBR market pretty much unassailable at present, doubly so in colder climates.

Yes, I've read about that. Apparently the gas magazines use the same valves, etc. as the C02 ones?

Not quite - you'll need to change the outlet and inlet valves of the green gas magazines if you want to fill them with CO2. In my considered opinion it's pointlessly risky when you can just refill the CO2 magazines instead.

About markings, where could I get the correct Colt markings engraved? Could most Hong Kong retailers (such as Airsoft Global) do engravings?

RunIn Workshop have done some sterling work for blobface, a user on these forums.

GHK for reliability, but they're not real spec and their stock hop-ups are pretty awful.

WE for great hop-up and accuracy, plus real spec receivers and fittings.

If you want something you can grab and go in the cold, go GHK - especially in cold weather, their Co2 performance is hard to beat.

If you want something you can build upon, go WE.

If you want something that will perform well in warmer climates, go WE.

For the love of God don't do it to your self!!! You will actually cry, they are a pain to build as pin holes etc are of spec by mms and make building a pain in the *albatross*!!

Get a blank one from samoon and get it engraved. I did this and built a AAC MPW build with kac front end etc. Have to say though I'm a stickler for realism and because of this MY favourite ar GBBs are my full steel g&p wocs, they run like trains if set up right and just look and feel so much better to the ghks or Marius.

For the love of God don't do it to your self!!! You will actually cry, they are a pain to build as pin holes etc are of spec by mms and make building a pain in the *albatross*!!

Get a blank one from samoon and get it engraved. I did this and built a AAC MPW build with kac front end etc. Have to say though I'm a stickler for realism and because of this MY favourite ar GBBs are my full steel g&p wocs, they run like trains if set up right and just look and feel so much better to the ghks or Marius.

I do not know where I would get the receiver engraved. At least not nearby.

And what do you mean by that I 'shouldn't do that to (myself)?' Are you saying that those SDP forged receivers are bad, or something else?

Bomber M4s seem good, but from what everyone has told me, the GHK M4 series is better. So, that'll be what I will be focusing attention on. I've asked Airsoft Taiwan (AST - basically RA Tech) if I could buy a GHK M4 (370mm barrel model) and if they could install one of those Colt-marked SDP receivers for me onto it. I've yet to hear back.

The the RA forged receviers are *suitcase*!! Simple as. If you get ra to build it for you it would be better of course as they can do the fitment work for you. Run in workshop in hk or jtac custom in uk do engraving work.

I cannot find any reasonable evidence that those SDP receivers are made by RA Tech. Regardless, I know of nowhere around me that could perform such engravings. If I did, it would probably be turned down due to being a replica of an M4 receiver (even if airsoft). I could ask Airsoft Taiwan if they could ensure it is a good fit (I'm still waiting for a response back).

There is also Inokatsu and Viper Tech. Both are more expensive than GHK, but if I could find either of these brand's M4 models, I would look into them a bit. I heard Inokatsu M4s are unreliable, however. They also do not come with front or rear sights.

I cannot find any Viper Tech M4s in-stock anywhere. I think the limited edition M16A1 (the one that uses a real Vietnam-era M16 furniture set) is available at several places, however, it costs 1200$ USD.

If AST can install the SDP receiver for me, I would tell them to do a good job with the fitment, if it is necessary. Does RA Tech actually make really *suitcasey* products these days? Even if they do, they still have quite a good reputation.

As nice as my old Inokatsu was, it just bled my bank account. After tinkering around with it for 2 and a bit years, it was only able to venture out twice for about 25 minutes.

I met a chap while at Longmoor in October who exclusively ran Ino M4's. He also had a crate of spares parts for those Ino's which probably cost more than my car. I admired his passion none the less.

Out of all the brands you mentioned above, your best bet is the GHK. They just work and in addition to that, blend in the realistic elements found on VT's and INO's minus the price tag.

You're really spoilt with the amount of readily available and affordable spares, also to note the upgradability.

On the trademark issue, would you rather have amazing Colt trades on a expensive weapon system that may or may not run quite as well. Or, one with a blank receiver which doesn't break the bank and has a positive reputation from hundreds of players?

Think about the money you'll save when it comes to buying spare magazines if you go GHK ;-)

Archived