Ironman - MICRO remote ammo backpack

J.J.Simpson

Long time not been here, but its the best place to receive comments and advice I've seen so far.

My problem why I decided to look into this DIY project:

I run KAC STONER by Classic Army. I like it. Great replica so far for me. I run it @around 150ms which is my local Lithuanian field limit for LMGs. But the replica has its drawbacks - the Amps the spring takes from the battery is enormous and the gun takes small stick LIPO 7.4V so I have 4 of them.

Ammo compartment capacity is another issue - only 1200rds. Even by my local standards its small. But the mech of the batter is super cool - it has auto funcion which senses pressure so it has so much more functionality compared to simple auto or sound activeted items. Pros - the gun will be Lighter. Cons - i will have a hose similar to HPA one.

Basically I want to make:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MEnEPDUA1o

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/backpacks/mico-light-and-heavy-machine-gunners-assault-pack/

The housing will probably be made from simple MAP style back pack, which will be cut and and gutted to keep water and ammo box inside. The box will also keep big size 2000mAH battery for gun to run off. The feeding assembly will be partially gutted KAC Stoner amazing dropbox with 3-point switch. I will resolder buttons and extend them to be near the gun.

Current problems / questions:

- big ammo box with many bbs = a lot of sound. I have idea to put Styrofoam or similar material inside ammo storage and use spring operated platform to push BBs into the feeder  and to compress and limit BBs range of movement when running). Anybody have any experience how to silent your boxmag?

- Critical Challenge - the assembly that will have the power connection, magazine control and the long tube/spring whatever to deliver BBs to the gun. Anybody have tried such thing?

Using a feed tube that long will need a REALLY powerful motor and feed mechanism in the backpack.

Did you know that you can use M249 boxmags on the CA LMG? You just need to remove the plastic bit on the top of the feed tube that looks like the top of a M4 magazine.

Proof:

11174598_10152780231782647_3451303689000

11140770_10152780231247647_4135472279296

I applaud what you're trying to do, but if it doesn't work out, I'd reccomend putting a M249 box mag on it and putting a big battery in the bottom of the boxmag with some re-routed wiring to the gun under the belt.

I agree. You're better off having a bigger boxmag, with battery in it, and quick refill into the battery box.

Maybe also you can work on the tuneup. If it is more airtight, you can run smaller spring, and save battery power.

If you're firing that hard, you could consider .36 or .40. I know, not cheap, but the difference is huge. God knows i'd like to run a 500fps LMG firing 0.40's here, it would change the dynamic of the game completely.

If you fire a heavy BB, i recommend this hopup rubber (Shameless plug sorry!!):

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-hop-up-units/tru-sight-tru-hop-high-performance-bucking-rubber-kit.htm

Makes it a breeze to fire .40!

@jal3 some game organizers let GPMG 7,62mm shoot 170meters. MEDS are getting crazy, rifles shoot 125ms! If you want you can e and play here. Zero state regulations :) we only fear little green men ;)

@darklite - big box mag I hate!!! Its super uncomfortable. Original

CA is impossible to get. AnK is in my experience.

I see feeding same as it is already. i will do testing with long tubes at different elevation, length and tube material. I think that added friction due to long tube should be small, but the weight of BBs in the tube could be issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to...already busy playing Denmark/UK though haha...

Maybe you can use a PEQ2 battery box? They can hold bigger 11,1v battery. It is a neccesary compromise. Easier to change the battery too. PEQ2 also looks alright on LMG.

Using a feed tube that long will need a REALLY powerful motor and feed mechanism in the backpack

Not at all. People has already done this, with you regular electric drum motor

(ignore the HPA part, just the bb feeding tube for this project... although making this build with a Daytona would make into the major league of awesomeness) 

Archived