Help making a sci-fi helmet

Voxcaster

Hey all,

Recently saw this on a random FB group:

hW0NAwN.jpg

and it piqued my interest. Does anyone know of an ANSI rated lens shaped like this off the top of their heads? I'd love to build something like this to turn heads during CQB matches, and also think it'd be nice for peripheral vision / breathability. Just don't know where to start / where to get the materials for something like this.

I doubt you'll find something with that profile.  Closest thing I can think of is a full face gas mask.  Cut the guts out, flip it upside down, fill the filter holes.  Might have to trim the edges and it won't be a large as what you're looking for.

I've always wanted something suitably 'futuristic' like that.

Question- could you make the 'faceplate' out of something like fibreglass or so, and use a hacked VR goggle set up and some external cameras? something akin to the Gungnir from Halo: Reach http://i55.tinypic.com/2vv8dgl.jpg

I doubt you'll find something with that profile.  Closest thing I can think of is a full face gas mask.  Cut the guts out, flip it upside down, fill the filter holes.  Might have to trim the edges and it won't be a large as what you're looking for.

I mean I have proof that such a thing exists, I'm relatively sure this guy didn't fabricate it from scratch since he appears to be ~20 or so. Will continue to scour the internet before I resort to something like that

Can you vacuum form clear material that would be strong enough to not scratch from BB hits?

Mototcycle visors are quite BB resistant (I used my old visor to make myself some new goggles and also as a lens protector for my torch) You might be able to find one and build and frame around it.

Or, of course, the old favourite of making a mesh outer shield and wearing shooting glasses inside of it. I've seen that done a lot.

Archived