Real AK Furniture on WE AK PMC

Sturm

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see if this statement bites you on the *albartroth* later :P

For the experienced, that statement applies.

For a complete newbie at powered hand tools, that might be a challenge. 

Personally the most critical powered tools I would use is a dremel followed by a lathe, followed by bench grinder, and then electric drill.  I have a mill and I use that much less than the other tools.

Seriously, I think you're overestimating the work needed to fit everything.

Real stocks / GHK stocks takes less than 2 minutes with a file, the mod it's so simple, it's retarded.

Real grips / GHK grips takes less than 1 minute with a file

Handguards takes 0 to 3 or 4 minutes, depending on the particular manufacturer.

esx4.jpg

It's reall, really easy, you can't mess that up. And it would be even easier with a dremmel, which personally I think every man should have.

The real problem I'm having here is what the *fruitcage* are GHK stocks / handguards / grips? Are they made by LCT (as I often hear but cannot confirm), or something else? Can someone compare an LCT AKM stock and a GHK AKM stock for me? Are the tabs, cutouts for receiver trunnion the same? Same applies to the handguards. Does anyone know, or can compare the two?

If they are indeed identical to LCT furniture, that makes the process significantly easier. There are a lot of places to get spare LCT furniture from (WGC in particular).

The real problem I'm having here is what the *fruitcage* are GHK stocks / handguards / grips? Are they made by LCT (as I often hear but cannot confirm), or something else? Can someone compare an LCT AKM stock and a GHK AKM stock for me? Are the tabs, cutouts for receiver trunnion the same? Same applies to the handguards. Does anyone know, or can compare the two?

If they are indeed identical to LCT furniture, that makes the process significantly easier. There are a lot of places to get spare LCT furniture from (WGC in particular).

Your problem is a non-existent problem in our eyes. 

LCT Foregrips will fit a WE, pistol grips won't and wood stocks use your discretion.  We have given you enough tips already.

And be prepared to put in elbow grease and a dremel.

Otherwise, buy real steel wood stocks or ask a shooter who upgraded to magpul furniture.  Thats how I got a whole bunch of RS foregrips.

That is a none issue and explained fully in my post . I really do not know how to make it anymore clear without the use of crayon 

LCT do indeed make the furniture for GHK but LCT furniture is the same as real furniture and will need the same modification to fit WE !!!

Just go get a real steel furniture set. (pistol grip, handguards and stock) + LCT gas tube. It will work great, and look outstanding. Can't beat the real thing.

Just go get a real steel furniture set. (pistol grip, handguards and stock) + LCT gas tube. It will work great, and look outstanding. Can't beat the real thing.

You are right about that. Too bad there isn't *suitcase* on the market besides Romanian and Bulgarian stocks and handguards. I just want Soviet, and there isn't a great selection anywhere I can find. I'll be looking at NOS. I won't settle for damaged or salty condition furniture.

That is a none issue and explained fully in my post . I really do not know how to make it anymore clear without the use of crayon

LCT do indeed make the furniture for GHK but LCT furniture is the same as real furniture and will need the same modification to fit WE !!!

Looking again at LCT stocks, there appears to be a completely different method of mounting them than the WE / real steel stamped steel receiver. Can anyone confirm if they were actually able to get an LCT stock to work?

Here: http://www.wgcshop.com/products?search_From=category&item=lct-lckm-fixed-stock&search=special&rs=Fixed%20Stocks&catid=14&cat=610&view_choice=a

Notice how the front of the stock has a 'different' way of mounting. There is no wood at the end that juts into the trunnion of the receiver. It is just a square hole.

You are right about that. Too bad there isn't *suitcase* on the market besides Romanian and Bulgarian stocks and handguards. I just want Soviet, and there isn't a great selection anywhere I can find. I'll be looking at NOS. I won't settle for damaged or salty condition furniture.

Check the sales section at Red-Alliance.net forum (requires registration)

Besides, I'd take real Bulgarian over airsoft furniture any day. And the price is on par or even cheaper.

Yes the GHK/LCT stock can be made to fit with minor filing the same as which is required for real stocks . I have done it myself and it took very little work 

I think you're talking two different things. You're refering to GHK/LCT stocks, as in "LCT OEMs for GHK"... but talking about the GBBR versions.Those are certainly compatible and require the exact same mod as real ones. 

He's talking about LCT AEG stocks, which are certainly not compatible. Just like 3vi1-D4n explained above.

Check the sales section at Red-Alliance.net forum (requires registration)

Besides, I'd take real Bulgarian over airsoft furniture any day. And the price is on par or even cheaper.

I think you're talking two different things. You're refering to GHK/LCT stocks, as in "LCT OEMs for GHK"... but talking about the GBBR versions.Those are certainly compatible and require the exact same mod as real ones.

He's talking about LCT AEG stocks, which are certainly not compatible. Just like 3vi1-D4n explained above.

I think there has been a massive misunderstanding. I am not ignoring the advice of anyone. I am just confused, because people have been saying conflicting things. Some say the LCT stocks (as in AEG) are compatible with modifications. Others say they are completely incompatible. I think the latter is more believable considering the fact that the 'anchor' point for the LCT AEG stocks is much different than on GBBs or real steel. I am not deliberately trying to ask the same questions over and over and over again. I am just very confused by all of this. I cannot get wooden furniture from Samoon, because apparently GHK does not supply it to them (although I thought Samoon and GHK were the same company?!!). To make matters worse, LCT makes the furniture for GHK, however I do not know how different it is than the AEG version of the furniture.

Is it fair to say that LCT OEMs the GHK wood *suitcase*, but it is a different mounting system than they use on their AEG furniture? If anyone has LCT and GHK furniture lying around, please photograph the front of both stocks (where the stock comes into contact with the receiver trunnion).

So yes, I am referring to separate things. LCT AEG furniture versus LCT OEM'd GHK GBB furniture (which has so far been impossible to get a hold of without purchasing an entire gun. Hopefully KIC can help me out).

Sorry if I sound like a moron. I am really just confused by all of this information.

Samoon is a GHK distributor, not sure if directly related to GHK in any way

As for the LCT confusion, some people call "LCT GBB" to any GHK... because that's what they are. Those stocks will fit, but are impossible to source if not stripped away from a GHK gun afaik. Common LCT AEG stocks are obviously a no-go. 

I still don't know why you don't want Bulgarian furniture, it's really quite decent and a gazillion times better than any airsoft company could offer. And again, almost a drop-in fit, extremely minimal, easy mods.

So yes, I am referring to separate things. LCT AEG furniture versus LCT OEM'd GHK GBB furniture (which has so far been impossible to get a hold of without purchasing an entire gun. Hopefully KIC can help me out).

Sorry if I sound like a moron. I am really just confused by all of this information.

It becomes easier when you actually get different stocks in your hands and realise - Oh p00p they don't fit.

But essentially what you said in the quoted is correct, the stocks LCT branded (AEG) is not the same as LCT OEM for GHK/GBB.  The photos which can answer your questions  I have already provided in my previous post. 

The kicker of a thing is that you "could" mount the LCT AEG stock on the GBB with its shortened attachment point (like how its mounted on the AEGs), but it won't be as sturdy as the GHK/GBB/Real steel version.  Just don't let that confuse you.

----------------------------------------------

If you think that's confusing, try mounting a AIMS steel slide folder onto a WE, and realising the WE trunnion is distinctly different from the 4 different types of receiver trunnions out there, and there different side folders out there.  But that's another story. 

What I don't understand, reading this thread, is why you keep going back to talking about LCT or anything else at all – and I'm sure that's the source of many other peoples' frustration here as well. On the one hand you keep saying how you won't settle for less than a great condition, authentic-looking solution, and people have given you pointers on how to modify real steel items to do that job. On the other hand, for whatever bizarre reason, you still end up talking about airsoft replica products! If you want it to look great, get the real thing and do the [frankly small] amount of work required and be satisfied with a job well done. If you don't want it to look great, stop saying that you do!

There is no "completely incompatible". Given the right person with the right skills, anything can fit. That said, yes, you can fit AEG stocks to a GBB. Done it myself on a LCT clone Romanian side folder to a WE AKM. Was it easy? No. Did it go in? Yes.

A little bit of milling I take it?  I thought about doing that on the WE, ended up going with an RS one, which was more trouble than it was worth.  I had to get rid of the entire spring assembly cage as the WE has a weird trunnion.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/ak-47-side-folding-stock-metal-original-romanian/157440196.html

So, I decided to purchase a Dremel 4000, and the accessory kit and chuck. It arrived this morning.

It is a bit confusing to learn how everything works, but I think I'll get there in due time.

I registered an account on Red Alliance a few days prior. Some guy from Russia is offering me a full AKM stock set for ~150$ USD. He sent me some pictures, but they are somewhat vague. Should I trust this guy? I don't want to mention his name right now, for reasons of privacy, but I will later if it comes down to that.

Although not entirely answering the question, but yes it is possible but all my MAGPUL parts needed modding to fit. 

AK MOE handguard had to be cut down to length and put back together which was a real pain. Still work in progress.

AK MOE pistol grip needed a custom cut screw to mount and also I put in two grub screws from the top to keep it from twisting. Otherwise it can sort of pivot around the screw. WE OEM grip has two studs that mate with the receiver.

Also the AK MOE fixed stock as mentioned had to be trimmed down in width to fit in the receiver and some other mods to the mounting hardware etc.

Magazine is just dummy fit for looks right now. Waiting on the 74 mags from MAGPUL to come out, hoping they are easier to mod to make them work. Just 6 months overdue now...

Except for the handguard which due to it being too long was a lot of work, other parts should be possible to mod to fit without too much hassle.

Preview video of my WE AK74UN MAGPUL MOE custom build (WIP) :D

Haven't touched it in a long time, seeing this video makes me wanna get it done! So hawt!

Did you get the flex shaft because many find the extra bulk unwieldy over the 3000 when it comes to fine work i.e. holding it as an angle grinder instead of like a pen.

Nah. Just got the accessory pack with that 'tool less chuck' attachment. It seems bulky, but so is the 3000? I'm not planning on doing any engraving, so I think I am okay for now. Time will tell.

Anyway, I bought another WE AK PMC from those *albatrosses* at the US Cali store Evike, and they sent me the gun with a big, annoying M4-style orange flash hider. I would normally get the *bramston pickle* off in less than five minutes, but the thing appears to be both glued in place and held in with a small one-way pin. How do I remove the bugger?!!

Use the Dremel? :P

Yeah the flexi shaft makes things easy.  You don't want to hold onto the dremel unit as there is no way you can get precision with that giant oversized diildo looking thing.

I already did cut the orange tip in half. I do not want to get any closer with the Dremel because I do not want to *fruitcage* the threads or any of that *suitcase*. Anything else I can do? If I heated it, could the pin just 'slip' out somehow?

Archived