English Customs Department

icolater

Hey Dudes, as you all know I am from Ireland, I have been collecting airsoft guns for years without a problem. But recently I Have had serious problems with English custom checking my new guns and damaging them in the process!! My gun come from tawain and Hong Kong more often then not, and as most of you know Ireland is a member of Europe. So why the *fruitcage* are clues bastards from England *fruitcage* with my Guns!! I have made a complaint with the Irish postal service who said they will investigate and I could potential sue these English scumbags for incompadence. But this is topical of the English in General, I would love to pin point the persons involved so I could take legal (or other) action.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So other than bashing the English what do you want from this forum? I'm not really seeing a question in your post.

Also, I'd be willing to bet some money that every customs department with more than a few people working in it in the world has at least one incompetant person there, including in Ireland, and given the nature of the EU it's possible that it's an Irish person working in the English customs hub damaging your guns, I'm fairly pretty sure that customs hubs in the UK aren't entirely staffed by English people.

Hey Dudes, as you all know I am from Ireland, I have been collecting airsoft guns for years without a problem. But recently I Have had serious problems with English custom checking my new guns and damaging them in the process!! My gun come from tawain and Hong Kong more often then not, and as most of you know Ireland is a member of Europe. So why the *fruitcage* are clues bastards from England *fruitcage* with my Guns!! I have made a complaint with the Irish postal service who said they will investigate and I could potential sue these English scumbags for incompadence. But this is topical of the English in General, I would love to pin point the persons involved so I could take legal (or other) action.

The troubles ended a fair few years ago mate, simmer down

My TM SCAR got seized by UK Customs (there is no such agency as English Customs) because I no longer have UKARA and I used my BAC credentials instead with this import from HK.

This arrived into the UK on 15/12/2016, by the 29/12/2016 it still hadn't released so I called up +44 300 200 3700 to enquire where my parcel was.

The person from HMRC took my contact details and emailed UK Customs in Coventry to contact me.

The following day (30/01/2016) at 9am sharp, I got a phone call (the number was withheld) from UK Customs stating that I had to prove my VCRA defence (even though my BAC membership number was written on the parcel).

I think UK Customs are only familiar with the UKARA defence so I emailed my BAC membership card to postal.seizures@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk.

By the 09/01/2017, there were still no changes on my tracking so I sent another polite chasing email, enquiring about the status of my parcel.

On the 11/01/2017, it was released by UK Customs and delivered to my house today.

Upon opening my package, there was evidence of inspection, but there was no sign of damage.

All in all, not ideal but it wasn't exactly a massive issue either, just didn't get to play with my toys over Christmas.

Whilst this post isn't meant to be a propaganda piece for UK Customs, I'm just trying to highlight that with government agencies and probably almost everything in life, some days are good, some days are bad.

To the OP: if you wish to complain, follow the links, I hope the contact details highlighted here are helpful to you.

HMRC: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/complain-to-hm-revenue-and-customs

UK Border Force: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/border-force/about/complaints-procedure

Really, met a bloke from Kerry who would disagree with that statement (most of my family are from Kerry and south Armagh). But, this really is turning into a us v them thread. Which I am now guilty of, by default.

I hope the original poster of this thread gets it sorted, I really do. But it does seem odd that there is no description of the damage, or indeed what was damaged.

Also, remember tensions are already rising between Ireland/Northern Ireland and Britain. Let's not add to that and try to show this is an open and fair forum, that prides it's self on helping anyone.

Sorry for the my anger towards English people, it wasn't meant that way, I think the people of England are pritty much the same as the Irish, it's the English government and their governing bodies that I have a serious problem with, they think they are somewhat supior and can do what they want. I just think it's typical of their mentality, what gives them the right to check mail that is not sent to England. The customs department in Ireland are bad but at least they show some sort of consideration for the parcel they are checking and are legally obliged to do so.

But for the record I'm not anti English or racist in anyway, I just don't like people *fruitcage* with my possessions, and for the record they did indeed act illegally and an official complaint was lodged by an post (Irish postal service).

Again I am very sorry if I caused offence as my first post was written in anger and I came across as a idiot, English people are top top people and I have many Enlish friends and family. So please don't think I hate English people or people from any other country. It just the English authorities I think are Ignorant fools.

Also, what do you mean by 'legal (or other) action'?

Illegal action?

Obviously not, why would you even suggest that TBH.

This, right here, is xenophobia:-

'But this is topical of the English in General'

Well done sir, you've proven my point that ignorant people come from any country.

I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way, I agree that was an ignorant comment and I apologise.

Really, met a bloke from Kerry who would disagree with that statement (most of my family are from Kerry and south Armagh). But, this really is turning into a us v them thread. Which I am now guilty of, by default.

I hope the original poster of this thread gets it sorted, I really do. But it does seem odd that there is no description of the damage, or indeed what was damaged.

Also, remember tensions are already rising between Ireland/Northern Ireland and Britain. Let's not add to that and try to show this is an open and fair forum, that prides it's self on helping anyone.

Sir you are so right, I was an Idoit.

Archived