Another GBB Thompson? Or a WE in Palco clothing.

Brigg

Well, WE does have a pretty good track record when it comes to this so I have no doubt it will be released. Just hopefully it doesn't wind up being the next p90 and taking 4 more years.

But to be fair, when they first showed the p90 in that old video with James, it was clearly not a finished product (and actually clear).

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Im kinda curious about the magazines myself. the early pictures and videos showed short 20 round mags in gloss black, but the current ones show longer 30 round ones in flat parkerized grey color.

I wouldn't normally care much but I know theres going to be a large interest in converting M41a pulse rifle kits for it. So Im wondering if theyll make the short mags to let people do that.

The thick plottens.

• 3 months later...

FYI I asked KY Airsoft on Facebook regarding the WE Thompson and they said that the major production stock is ready, licensing is ready and they are awaiting confirmation regarding release date (which is to be determined as far as I know.

Sooo like the time that CG rep said the licensing is fine but they were sitting on shelves because "reasons" and points blame at distributors releasing info  early?

Edit:

At any rate, I won't be buying this any time soon having already spent the allocated funds on something else. Just have to clear up things with Tiger111 with my recent order (PayPal shenanigans).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From KY Airsoft on Facebook:

New product arrival:

WE - Cybergun Licensed M1A1 (Thompson) ????????

ETA 8,Dec 2017 (Before next Friday) less then 400/pcs for first batch???????? Really limited QTY!

To reserve your Cybergun Licensend M1A1(Tommy gun):

https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/we-cybergun-licensed-m1a1-thompson-48003?category=635

WE - Cybergun M1A1 50rd Magazine:

https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/we-cybergun-licensed-m1a1-50rd-magazine-48004?category=636

Product details will be publish as soon as possible!

WE Airsoft #ThompsonGBBR #Thompson #M1A1 #Cybergun

Is this the official WE Thompson thread now? CRW latest update from Taiwan.

Few notes: Main body is 6061 aluminium, pot metal bits, bolt is also aluminium, and the furniture are all plastic. 

They have a Christmas tree at the end with people writing what guns they wish to see in the future, saw quite a few cards with SKS on.... yes please 

To be fair, machining the M1a1 out of steel like the real one would make it both 1) Stupid heavy and 2) Astronomically expensive.

Both issues which led to the real M1 being replaced with the stamped steel M3.

I am a little bummed they didn't go with real wood, but there will be wood kits made for this in a heartbeat anyway, plenty of third-party manufacturers will be frantic to get those easy sales.

If going for aluminium and plastic keeps the price down, it's a safer return for WE and more M1a1 GBBs out in the field.

Archived