Another GBB Thompson? Or a WE in Palco clothing.

Brigg

well, i couldnt resist, so ive placed my preorder. hopefully they do indeed come out on the 8th, i might even get it before Christmas in that case.

And im not really sure how, or why anyone would have expected these to be made out of steel. The only thing i do know is that if it were to be steel, those same people would bemoan its $1000 pricetag. And personally, I would rather not have to keep one oiled so it doesnt rust due to poor surface treatment. Id be perfectly happy with zinc.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so it seems that KY airsoft is delaying US orders for 2 weeks until they can get some ugly orange muzzles that nobody wants, instead of just putting orange tips like a pistol would have. So theyve completely negated the purpose of preordering it. And on top of it the shipping was nearly $100.

Im thinking if redwolf or somewhere else gets them in stock, i'll cancel my order with KY and order from somewhere else. That way i might get it before the new year. Figures the one time im excited enough to preorder something, I get boned.

I'm going to wait for it to hit evike. Ittle probably still be 300 over here.

But redwolf does have it.

Shipping is ~$70

Btw, not sure if anybody else mentioned it, but in, I believe, one of the KY videos they showed that the mag had a valve lock in the magazine like WA pistols did. So maybe that means it has a fixed valve knocker on the bolt? Would make for a more reliable system having fewer moving parts in the firing mechanism.

Something like the KWA M11 has an articulating and locking valve knocker.

With a buffer, may not be necessary to trade out internals with steel or higher quality aluminum parts.

Played with one last night.

Surprisingly nice fit and finish for WE.

Gun is lighter than expected, bolt is quite heavy, relatively, that makes firing cycle funny - every time the bolt moves pulls the rest of the gun in opposite direction.
Trigger pull with a lot of pre-travel, crisp but heavy break.

Safety switch is twitchy but FA/semi switch is smooth.

Magazine does have WA style valve lock.

No QD stock (I guess it should be on 1928 instead...?)

The M41A photo is from local GBB group in HK, owner says bolt travel needs to be reduced or it will hit and break the kit, he also says looking to fit a shotgun in the lower part....... and nope, it doesn't have 95 rounds magazine.

On the bright side, a pulse rifle is on the way. I could see them making a larger mag if WE went ahead and developed their own. There's a lot of space that could be used. 95 rounds seems possible, considering the action of the thompson wouldn't use too much gas. Using the entire mag space of the pulse would be more than enough. That and WE's double m4 mags seem to be working well so I would bet they could figure something out.

• 1 month later...

Real furniture will not fit. The grooves that its fit in are all different sizes. That being said, its also very expensive to buy m1 or m1a1 furniture. I guess not a lot of m1s were surplussed and instead all went to countries like South Korea and Israel after ww2. M1928 and m1928a1 furniture is cheap and plentiful, but is incompatible with the m1 variants apparently.

I'd say given the cost, it's better to see if RATech come out with a wood kit. It'll probably be cheaper then buying real steel, and won't need modification.

Not that I know of. Mafioso have posted some steel parts on Facebook but not a fully kit I don't think.

Just had a look on Mafiosos Facebook and looks like they are indeed making a full steel kit but they have only released photos of some parts so far.

I would take a Mafioso kit over an RA kit every day of the week. RA are mweh... :|

vQf87wI.png

• 1 month later...

Does anybody has an idea what material is used on magazines? Their very low weigth is quite surprising.

After the first game I have to say that I am positively surprised with the overall performance OOB (with just minimal mods). Especially with performance of WE’s bucking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant say for certain, but given the weight, i would guess theyre made of actual aluminum, rather then the pot metal that most companies call aluminum. They did specifically mention 6061 when it was in development to it could be that. the weight certainly seems about right for something about that size, thats mostly hollow.

On the other hand, i was able to touch up the missing paint on the barrel (from the awful, impossible to remove, melted on orange muzzle kyairsoft insisted on) using normal aluminum blackener. From my experience in machining, 6061-T6 aluminum does not take blackener, so the barrel and receiver at least are probably a different alloy.

Archived