What from WE....LOL

fnc

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure I know what all of these are. Starting from the top photo, left to right.

Armored Works Hicapas, Deagles, the custom 92FS they made with Taiwanese(?) military markings, P99s, hexagon 1911s, 1911 with snail mag, P38 with snail mag, TT-33 with snail mag, a pulse rifle, and a Colt 25 with a snail mag?

>The "Colt .25" is called a 'Colt 1908 Vest Pocket Hammerless'.

>More importantly, the gun in the picture here isn't a colt 1908vph. The magazine release is wrong and the slide controls don't match the colt. It also doesn't have a grip safety.

>It's not a Beretta bobcat or baby browning 1902 either.

{EDIT}

I FOUND IT

It's a "Colt Junior" (Or Astra Cub, or FIE "The Beast")

So yes, it is a colt and it is a .25, just not the colt .25 I'm familiar with.

Those drum mags have a hideous crocked angle at the base of the grip, a real magazine that shape wouldn't feed for hell. Except the 1911 magazine, that's an appropriate angle. Shame it's a WE system rather than TM system, Or I'd have one.

Of course it's not a Vest Pocket Hammerless. The presence of a hammer pretty much takes care of that. As to what it is, for the most part people just call it Colt .25 Automatic or Colt .25 like Marushin does.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/731197/tulsa-oklahoma-handguns-for-sale--colt--25-automatic

But HFC also make a "colt .25" And that's a 1908 Vest Pocket Hammerless. Anyway, I did my research and updated my previous post just as you posted this :P.

The m41a is probably a snow wolf kit or g&p kit with thier Thompson in it. But that's me being pessimistic, I really wanna be all like

PRAISE THE GAWDS ITS A *fruitcage* GBB M41A PULSE RIFLE. YES, IT REALLY IS GAME TIME.

LET'S ROCK!!

But, I shall contain my excitement and await disappointment.

It was cycling blanks so will have had some recoil.  A GBB would be closer than an AEG at least.

It's just a piece of iconic film history pretty much.  Not sure how ergonomic it is but ITS THE RIFLE FROM ALIENS.

Guessing the Glock deal is the only thing keeping them afloat, but even then that looks to be a significant sum. Also, apparently the reason King Arms stopped making (AEG) Tommies is because of CG. They used to OEM for them but when CG switched to using CYMA, they were legally compelled to stop and I suppose that's also why the GBB version disappeared. Maybe VFC can be convinced to quit making Glocks for CG since there's a good chance they're planning on screwing them over as well.

How can you legally compelling them to stop work on something that requires no licensing aside from trademark use? The Thompson is 100 years old as of this year. It's 50 years out of patent protection. More then that, the rights to the m1 and m1a1 models never belonged to auto ordnance. Those models were designed by Savage Arms, who would likely hold the patent on those changes and their likeness.

It's just a piece of iconic film history pretty much. 

Some of these movie prop choices are quite bizarre, I suspect it's down to what prop companies had and it's way cheaper to put bits onto blank firing guns instead of building one from scratch. This is a film based in space, oh I know, WW2 guns. Mauser, MG34, Sterling L2A3 in Star Wars, and a Thompson (at least they dressed it more, unlike SW) in Alien.  

How can you legally compelling them to stop work on something that requires no licensing aside from trademark use?

I think that's the point: they don't. What they have is practically their entire staff consisting of lawyers who will send threatening letters to distributors who'd rather not go through the trouble and just not stock things (like the WE P90, MP5 etc.). So if they'll not stock it, companies will have second thoughts making more.

Archived