Sig Sauer sues Cybergun over breach of contract

Wooly_Booly

Airsoft is looking to be pretty good this year.

"In 2015, the relationship between the two companies began to erode after Cybergun allegedly defaulted on royalty payments. By Sig’s calculations, Cybergun owes over $215,000 in back royalty payments.

“Even though the (master license agreement) requires Cybergun to pay royalties quarterly, it has not made a royalty payment to Sig Sauer since October 2015,” the complaint says."

Forgive the long link.

http://www.guns.com/2017/01/27/sig-sauer-alleges-breach-of-contract-infringement-against-air-soft-maker-cybergun/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=588b5bc204d301079e3e0fc6&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entirely side note: Now that the Sig P320 has been adopted by the US Army, and Cybercun is in the *suitcases* with Sig, I wonder who's going to make an inevitable airsoft version....umm...

The last paragraph of the article could answer that?

"Sig Sauer launched its own line of airsoft rifles and pistols in late 2015, offering full-scale replicas of their most popular line of guns to include the MCX, MPX, P226 and P320 handguns. Showcased at SHOT Show 2017, the line has seen an uptick in interest as more shooters turn to airsoft to augment live fire training, according to Sig reps."

Which could also explain why Sig are bringing the case? Why continue to licence the designs when you are making your own airsoft versions?

The only thing is though they article is misinformed. They're making air rifles and pellet rifles, not 6mm airsoft guns. I wouldn't be surprised however if someone else grabs the Sig licenses at this point. With the XM17 just announced I would imagine that they're comping at the bits for a replica.

The last paragraph of the article could answer that?

"Sig Sauer launched its own line of airsoft rifles and pistols in late 2015, offering full-scale replicas of their most popular line of guns to include the MCX, MPX, P226 and P320 handguns. Showcased at SHOT Show 2017, the line has seen an uptick in interest as more shooters turn to airsoft to augment live fire training, according to Sig reps."

Which could also explain why Sig are bringing the case? Why continue to licence the designs when you are making your own airsoft versions?

Why not?

Make their own production line and make money

earning money of others work without lifting a finger and just recieve money - seem like a good deal.

Would soooooooo much hope Sig has teamed up with some competent people so their airsoft guns are topquality

Hoping KSC S7

But to be able to drytraining with airsoftguns it would be nice if it mean that you can swap out triggers and triggerpart to be able to have a realistic triggerpull

Would soooooooo much hope Sig has teamed up with some competent people so their airsoft guns are topquality

Hoping KSC S7

I wouldn't quite say competent. They've been making GBBs for decades and they're still using silicone rubber for the piston lid, silicone rubber which gradually gets eaten up by the oil in its very propellant.

As far as I can tell Sig will not be granting a licence to anyone else . They intend to go back to distributing airsoft versions themselves like they did years ago (albeit very few models)

I just hope Sig choose a decent OEM ,(maybe VFC) as they used KJW last time . They basically sold a fully marked KJW P226 on their websites .

In other news Concern Kalashnikov are still pursuing a similar claim against Cybergun dating back to last year  

As far as I can tell Sig will not be granting a licence to anyone else . They intend to go back to distributing airsoft versions themselves like they did years ago (albeit very few models)

I just hope Sig choose a decent OEM ,(maybe VFC) as they used KJW last time . They basically sold a fully marked KJW P226 on their websites .

I think that MCX was at the Palco stand, so maybe they're doing the OEM for Sig.

Honestly, I'm liking 2017 all around so far (one month down).

There's some good gear/gun/airsoft stuff on the way and now I'd say it's fairly probably that CG will totally cease to exist.  I don't reckon they've got $200,000+ & legal fees (which in the US will be another 100k?) sitting around.

Honestly, I'm liking 2017 all around so far (one month down).

There's some good gear/gun/airsoft stuff on the way and now I'd say it's fairly probably that CG will totally cease to exist. I don't reckon they've got $200,000+ & legal fees (which in the US will be another 100k?) sitting around.

You mind telling us about the good airsoft stuff coming up? ^^

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Archived