CYMA AK105 pot metal parts

renegadecow

I just made the horrible mistake of buying an old CYMA from a mate not realizing it's the old TM type assembly when I need the newer LCT type to use for converting my WE GBBR with. Now, I know I'm pretty much screwed with the rear sight block and handguard, but it's ok since all I really need is a part of the outer barrel (interestingly made of steel) and the front sight/gas block which is pot metal. So, to the meat of my questions:

-Do the newer LCT type AK104/5s have their front sight and rear sight block in steel or the same pot metal?

-The folding stock seems ok. The butt plate is steel, but the hinge part is pot metal. Are the newer ones also pot metal or steel?

I just made the horrible mistake of buying an old CYMA from a mate not realizing it's the old TM type assembly when I need the newer LCT type to use for converting my WE GBBR with. Now, I know I'm pretty much screwed with the rear sight block and handguard, but it's ok since all I really need is a part of the outer barrel (interestingly made of steel) and the front sight/gas block which is pot metal. So, to the meat of my questions:

-Do the newer LCT type AK104/5s have their front sight and rear sight block in steel or the same pot metal?

-The folding stock seems ok. The butt plate is steel, but the hinge part is pot metal. Are the newer ones also pot metal or steel?

I assume you're asking about the VFC style CYMA AKs? In which case:

1) The front and rear sight blocks are pot metal

2) The hinge parts, AFAICT are pot metal

If you're wanting donor parts in all steel, you'd be better off with the DBOYS RK-08s (on which everything bar the outer barrel is steel) or getting the LCT/E&L parts individually.

Also, the outer barrel on the TM style AK clones are steel but they are a thin-walled tube. I'd rather have the Aluminium barrel that comes on the VFC style clones as it's at least thick walled and will support the inner barrel.

Ah, well, I guess I'm ok with the stock then if the new ones have pot metal hinges anyway. I guess I'm ok with the front sight too but the front post is molded in and the right ear is broken off. Looks to have been struck as zinc pest would have the rest of the parts crumbling if that were the cause. I'll see if I can just rebuild it and insert a steel post because the LCT front sight is how much I paid for the donor AK. I'd consider E&L but can't seem to find any available, not even CYMA for that matter which is why I ended up buying a whole gun.

My plan for the outer barrel is modify it to fit directly over the WE AKS74U barrel which being thin walled makes it easier to do. And that way it only leaves some 4" of inner barrel unsupported. 

Archived