Quick update.

Parts in the sealed baggies are the steel parts. I.e. they do not come pre-installed!

Crusader steel recoil spring guide was a good buy! Kicked it up a notch in terms of snappiness and feel. :-D

Unboxing video recorded, will upload this weekend.

Went off a bit on different topics but I hope it will be alright :P

Edited by NonEx
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having only just recently purchased my first vfc pistol with some hesitation after having purchased their mp5 and g36, I wanted to write a small review as I hadn't found one yet.   I was having a to

So...   There are some strange differences between the black Asia Edition and gray tactical version.   I tried putting the spring guide and inner barrel assembly of my black one in my gray one. No

Can't edit but basically the EU gray VP9 has no real markings on the frame and no serial on the chamber nor slide on the right hand side.   I just asked my US buddy to go ahead and order my project

Posted Images

I would like to advise everyone with an interest in the Umarex/VFC HK VP9 GBB replica to message Crusader on both their website and Facebook page and request that they produce a CNC steel magazine release button as I have now heard of three (3) people reporting failure of that part (catch wears down and magazine falls out making the gun useless).

Interestingly enough when I emailed them via their website, the response I got was from a VFC/GB--Tech address/representative and the subject on their end was "Via Crusader website". So I supposed that further underlines the word on the street that Crusader is a part of, of very close partner with SA/VFC/GB-Tech :o

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I dry fired mine for the first time today.

Was surprised at how loud and snappy it was considering how sloppy the nozzle to piston head seal appeared to be when I had a look.

But I do have the Crusader steel recoil spring installed with an extra stiff spring which adds some more "umph".

I also like the fact that there is nothing in the hammer mechanism that the slide gets "hung up on" when going into battery. Think your standard WE/TM/Guarder Glock pistol when the slide is gently eased forward, it gets "stuck" on the hammer wheel in the BBU "hump".

Very smooth overall.

I got the Crusader parts installed. Not very difficult actually. I made a video of it :D

Then again the parts don't really add much. I had to use a magnet when swapping them to keep track on which part was what :P 

Edited by NonEx

Is it just me or is the tactical gray version with threaded outer barrel sexy AF ? :D

Too bad there is no true "Asian" version with full markings of it yet.

But dang. I might have to go get me one of those :)

umarex-h_k-vp9-gbb-pistol-airsoft-tactic

There's also the Ace 1 Arms Silencero threaded outer barrel available now: 

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ace1arms-cnc-tactical-threaded-outer-barrel-for-umarex-vp9-gbb-14mm-cw.html#.WPpaR4h95aQ

Oh and here's my Unboxing & Overview video of the Umarex/VFC H&K VP9 Asia Deluxe Edition GBB pistol :D

Edited by NonEx

That's a good idea for a video actually :D

I really really like(d) the PPQ but I like the VP9 even more :)

Slimmer, sleeker, cooler, more comfortable, more tacticool. Steel internals. No slide-cracking risk because the barrel hits the slide (weakness in PPQ).

I guess the only pro I can give to the PPQ right off the bat is the trigger feel and trigger reset. If you checked the VP9 video the trigger and reset on it is so-so.

I dry fired it like I said and it's on par or nicer shooting than the PPQ as well.

So yeah, if I had to go with only one of them, VP9 for sure! :D

Weird. Redwolf says the Grey frame VP9 can only be sold in Asia. Anyone have any idea why?

Try to ask other Shops in HK or Taiwan. Redwolf seems to be kissing Umarex cornhole in some way as they also remove or melt H&K trademarks on any weapon that isn't Licenced by umarex. Only shop in HK that does that kinda stuff that I know of.

It's BS because the gray frame VP9 is not a true Asia version as it lacks the full markings... It is advertised as Asia version on all Asia sites but if you compare the original EU release (no detailed markings, serial) vs. the Asia version with full markings and serial, the gray one is a EU version basically.

I have asked KIC if they can order gray parts for me :D 

Can't edit but basically the EU gray VP9 has no real markings on the frame and no serial on the chamber nor slide on the right hand side.

I just asked my US buddy to go ahead and order my project RS case parts for the VP9 project, woop woop :D 

• Like 1

As far as I know it is TM VSR barrel and hop rubber compatible.

Possibly at KIC Taiwan: http://www.kic.com.tw/shop/product_info.php?info=p15896_Crusader-Steel-Recoil-Rod-Set-for-Umarex---VFC-VP9.html&XTCsid=df9431573c49225a5b64af20cec828d1

International orders are by email only: kicbbgun@gmail.com

FYI, best price on the interwebs that I could find right now for the VP9 gray Tactical is at AsiaAirsoft for $155 USD with free international shipping and they have a running 5% discount for all items right now :D

(Those 5% are already accounted for in the list price of $155 USD.)

http://www.asiaairsoft.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=9379

Oh and I just bought one :D

Edited by NonEx

Ehobbyasia has a 10% discount for all guns.  I ordered the new deluxe version till I found out it does not have full trademarks as NonEX mentioned so I emailed ehobby to cancel the order :no: .  i guess I should look over the photos carefully before I place an order.

• Like 1

Wait, what new Deluxe version?

There are; 

VP9 black/tan/gray EU Edition - No authentic markings on frame and no serials etc. on slide. VP9 stamp on left side of frame on grip. VP9 logo and H&K on slide, deep engraving. First release batch.

VP9 black Asia Edition - Authentic markings on frame and serials on slide etc.VP9 stamp on left side of frame on grip. VP9 logo and H&K on slide, deep engraving. Second release batch.

VP9 black Asia Deluxe Edition - Authentic markings on frame and serials on slide etc. + Crusader steel parts. VP9 stamp on left side of frame on grip. VP9 logo and H&K on slide, deep engraving. Third release batch.

VP9 tan/gray Asia Edition - No authentic markings on frame and no serials etc. on slide. VP9 stamp on left side of frame on grip. VP9 logo and H&K on slide, deep engraving.Exactly the same as the EU Editions but named as Asia Edition. Probably to boost sales of their stock.  Fourth release batch, but a copy of the first release batch.

VP9 black New Asia Deluxe Edition - No authentic markings on frame and no serials etc. on slide. VP9 stamp on left side of frame on grip. VP9 logo and H&K on slide, deep engraving + Crusader steel parts. Fourth/Fifth batch release.

So, what exactly did you think you were buying ? :o

Because you can get the VP9 black Asia Deluxe Edition still and it has everything in it.

Also check the last couple of posts on eHA here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/213088-ehobbyasia/page-2

They are really low down on my list since a few years now...

By the way my plan for my VP9 is this; 

I have black VP9 Deluxe Asia Edition with Crusader parts and Crusader steel recoil guide rod.

• Get gray gun
  • Transfer slide from DX Asia Edition to gray frame
  • Install Ace 1 Arms silencero threaded outer barrel
  • Profit

B)

So I will have my gray VP9 threaded outer barrel for sale after that but the others parts I will keep for spares, because well, it's a VFC pistol :P

EDIT: Oh WOW! Now I see what you mean. Damn they had to pull the full markings of off the Asia Deluxe Edition! :o

I had not picked up on that!

*fruitcage* Umarex and H&K and their licensing BS...

How is it that the friggen serial number markings is a big deal licensing wise? Makes them look toooo real? Or just that it's more work to put it on or something to get more profit?

Updated list above.

Reference below.

Umarex (VFC) H&K VP9 GBB Pistol (Asia Edition)http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/umarex-vfc-h-k-vp9-gbb-pistol-asia-edition.html#.WQPJOoh95aQ

Umarex (VFC) H&K VP9 GBB Pistol (Deluxe, Asia Edition)http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/umarex-vfc-h-k-vp9-gbb-pistol-deluxe-asia-edition.html#.WQPJPIh95aQ

Umarex (VFC) H&K VP9 GBB Pistol (New Deluxe, Asia)http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/umarex-vfc-h-k-vp9-gbb-pistol-new-deluxe-asia.html#.WQPJQoh95aQ

Umarex (VFC) H&K VP9 Tactical GBB Pistol (Metal Gray, Asia Edition)http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/umarex-vfc-h-k-vp9-tactical-gbb-pistol-metal-gray-asia-edition.html#.WQPJP4h95aQ

Umarex (VFC) H&K VP9 GBB Pistol (Dark Earth, Asia Edition)http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/umarex-vfc-h-k-vp9-gbb-pistol-dark-earth-asia-edition.html#.WQPJQIh95aQ

Edited by NonEx

Just had a look on JK Army's site and there may be different batches.

TAN model has the 'Licence Trademark' on the slide with additional markings on the frame (by the slide release)

& the GRAY model has the 'Licence' markings on the frame and no other markings other than the 'VP' on the frame.

• Like 1

Might have to get the Grey. To keep myself from buying the real one because I already have enough handguns. Haha. Frustrated with how TM handguns are so off scale they fit in no Kydex holsters good. (Yes, I know they preform the best but still annoying. The M&P is huge compared to my real one.)

Though I Notice spare magazines are not in stock. May have to wait.

So why is the gun no longer able to be sold in America? No USA retailers even carry it. It was marketed hard when it came out.

Edited by Mr Foxhound