Making a Steel USP .45

Sturm

I am interested in buying a KWA/KSC USP .45, and replacing the slide and outer barrel with the RA Tech steel slide set. However, there are many variants of the KWA and KSC USP. I am interested in only the USP .45, and nothing else. KWA manufactures several Umarex-licenced USPs. Are they any good? I am mainly concerned about an Umarex licenced gun because they tend to have legal *suitcase* plastered all over the gun. On the slide, this does not matter, since I'll be replacing it with a steel slide. However, if it has disclaimers on the frame, it is a problem.

KSC makes both a Taiwan (pot metal slide) and Japan (plastic) version. These are not (to my knowledge) licenced by Umarex. Are the trademarks accurate?

Lastly, I would like to know if any small parts on the KWA/Umarex or KSC USP .45 are made out of steel. I have read from one source that the trigger, decocker/safety, hammer are steel. Is this true?

Lastly, there is the KWA HK45, which is licenced by Umarex once again. Are the trademarks accurate, or are they bastardised with 'legal' disclaimers? Does it have any steel parts out of the box?

All KSC System 7 have magnesium slide and there are no reason to swap them out with unless you just want to add weight and use your money

The outer barrel are plastic and can be swaped out with RATech for looks.

I have had mine since 2011 and have use it extensively but all standard even the hopup rubber with redgas and ,28 bb.

All KSC System 7 have magnesium slide and there are no reason to swap them out with unless you just want to add weight and use your money

The outer barrel are plastic and can be swaped out with RATech for looks.

I have had mine since 2011 and have use it extensively but all standard even the hopup rubber with redgas and ,28 bb.

But that is the whole point. I want a 'realistic' feeling. Magnesium does not provide that. Nothing beats the sound that steel emits either.

Can you take a magnet or something to give me an idea if anything is steel? If there is a magnetic force, it at least confirms that there is at least some degree of iron in the composition.

As realistic as it gets considering it is still airsoft(=Toys) buy a trigger from a livefiring HK they will fit.

As for the rest knock yourself out with RAT parts

The most realistic thing you will get out of this project is the pricerange of a livefiring HK USP.45 only difference is

- you left behind with a toygun

I am interested in buying a KWA/KSC USP .45, and replacing the slide and outer barrel with the RA Tech steel slide set. However, there are many variants of the KWA and KSC USP. I am interested in only the USP .45, and nothing else. KWA manufactures several Umarex-licenced USPs. Are they any good? I am mainly concerned about an Umarex licenced gun because they tend to have legal *suitcase* plastered all over the gun. On the slide, this does not matter, since I'll be replacing it with a steel slide. However, if it has disclaimers on the frame, it is a problem.

KSC makes both a Taiwan (pot metal slide) and Japan (plastic) version. These are not (to my knowledge) licenced by Umarex. Are the trademarks accurate?

Lastly, I would like to know if any small parts on the KWA/Umarex or KSC USP .45 are made out of steel. I have read from one source that the trigger, decocker/safety, hammer are steel. Is this true?

Lastly, there is the KWA HK45, which is licenced by Umarex once again. Are the trademarks accurate, or are they bastardised with 'legal' disclaimers? Does it have any steel parts out of the box?

KWA HK45 is a little hit and miss with trades. I've got one of the earlier ones which has full and accurate trades and no umarex bullsh*t bar one tiny tan line that says 'cal 6mm' the frame is also tan so you cant really see it. 

Many of the internals are steel but I couldnt tell you which from memory. 

The barrel is plastic, slide is magnesium and does have a nice feel to it, plus it does make a nice noise when you rack it. 

Overall it has been bloody reliable in my ownership bar having to swap the hop and barrel out. Cleaned it once in 3 years and it has been my primary side arm getting a lot of use. 

As for a steel slide unless youre using black gas or propane in 25C+ (80f) weather then its pointless, great it feels a *little* better but you'll struggle to fire off a whole mag and you wont be able to get quick succession shots off before it vents all the gas. 

The magnesium slide isnt bad at all, its a great compromise between performance and feel. I personally wouldnt change it, so much so I'm buying a new standard slide to have cerakoted and deep engraved. 

As far as I know the new KWA USPs use very similar internals to the HK45 so the above does apply.

Finally youre in the US couldnt you buy an RS USP .45?

Firstly, don't forget to upgrade all the springs as well as just plonking on a new slide. Stronger hammer spring etc, but I assume you know that already if you are planning to do this.

So far as I recall, the only difference between the trades on the plastic or metal ksc frames, is that the plastic slide version has a unique serial number stamped on the right side under the h&k blurb. The metal serial number on the underside of the rail is still the same generic one.

I no longer have my usp, or my Japan version, only kept my standard uspc s7 as it is a good little gun, and the trades are not too bad. It doesn't even compare however to the vfc VP9.

I hope that helps a little.

How about this?

https://ast-gun.airsofttaiwan.com/index.php?route=product/product&search=Mafioso&product_id=1353

I have been eyeing this for a bit, and I find it quite interesting. Not a terrible deal either, for what it is, and can be easily made to look like a Soviet-era PM. i

It is, no doubt, certainly a cheaper option than a KWA / KSC USP .45 or HK45 and RA Tech steel slide set, and a Detenator steel slide stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't fit an uprated hammer spring, they make things worse.

Yes, that generally seems to be the case. Unless 800+ PSI is being put through the magazine, I think a 'regular' hammer spring would normally depress the percussion valve / valve knocker well enough.

Anyway, I am a bit more interested in the USP than I was. I cannot find adequate information anywhere as to the material composition of the KWA and/or KSC USP series. Frame is nylon fibre allegedly, and the slide is some sort of cheap potmetal (yeah, you can dress it up all fancy with 'magnesium,' and 'aluminium alloy,' but it is probably a low grade alloy even if it is not a zinc alloy). I need to know about the smaller parts. Can anyone who owns a KWA USP .45 hold a magnet near the safety/decocker, hammer, slide stop, magazine release (real steel might be plastic), and trigger? I would very much like to know if any of them have a magnetic force and can thus be defined as 'ferrous.'

Archived