'Six' New SEALS TV series. Pretty decent

hitmanNo2

Anyone else watching Six?  It's a new SEALs TV series on the History Channel.

It's four eps in so far and pretty good.  I wasn't expecting much but it has some big names behind it.  Weinsteins are involved.   Walton Goggins is in it.  Some other people I recognize.

I'm not really into SEAL stuff but there is something undeniably cool about them.  Lots of suppressed HK416 and MP7 action and general gear pron.

You can tell lots of time has gone into researching it with personalized weapons e.t.c.

So go and check it out.

• 1 month later...

Thanks.  Saves me a bit of time heh.

Did you notice in the NV scenes, the bad guys had typical green NV whereas the SEALS had a blue tinted, very crisp looking image.  Do you reckon that was sneaky bit of propaganda or just to make it obvious which side was which?

The colour of the screen in NVGs has nothing to do with the quality of them.

They are not green because of a technological limitation they are green because of a feature of the human eye.

The human eye is particularly sensitive to light at the wavelength of 555nm.

555nm light is a light green colour.

That means that for a given energy of photon a 555nm light will appear the brightest.

That means that for a given brightness a 555nm light will need the lowest input energy and therefore lead to the longest battery life.

In addition we see more contrast in those frequencies and are able to discern more detail in a monochrome green image than a monochrome image in another colour or in white.

That is the reason.

It is the logical, scientific, evidence based choice.

Actually it is a newer technology which I am sure of is being used by Navy SEALs. White phosphorus technology is the latest development spearheaded by ATN but there are other WP NV which is more blue-yellow-greenish.

Here's a pic from ATN

9c6e4d7e627983eca654481cc46b0dd9.jpg

Here is a pic from Harris

6fd9300f0fb2874a939f6fb6a52419e9.jpg

Archived