Installation of Guarder 1911 Dummy Firing Pin Set

Sturm

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can everyone please stop being so damn ostentatious?

I understand I am not a great tinkerer. However, I would like if you guys understood that and dropped all of the recent sarcasm towards me. How else will I learn a proper methodology of doing these things if all anyone says is a quagmire of sarcastic, unhelpful comments? Please think and bear with me.

I have listened to most of the suggestions juxtaposed on me from other users. Whilst I may not have listened to everything, I utilised the guidance I was given in the most realistic and efficient way possible.

I am grateful of the non-sardonic help I have received. To those of you accusing me of being a troll, or an idiot, or just tossing useless, snide remarks towards me, please do not post. I am looking for help. No one is in any way obligated to reply to this thread. If you wish to help me out, that is fantastic. However, if you feel the need to hate against me or my methods (without even knowing a bloody thing about me!), please refrain from posting on this thread.

I joined this site to get help when I so needed it, not so other users could ignite some sort of 'vendetta' against my so-called 'incoherent' ability to do anything correctly.

Anyway, rant aside, I'll try my best to work at filing down the screw heads.

Me helping you, is like me yelling "LOOK OUT!" at someone about to walk into a pole because they are completely oblivious of their surroundings because of their cell phone :| 

I just can't bare to stand by and watch the train wreck that is your posts.

We've seen a lot of people come through here, and I've been here many years, and you are a special kind of forum poster for sure...

As has been established in the past, you kind of get what you "deserve" because of how oblivious you seem to things. Yes, everyone needs help, and to learn, but that has the prerequisite of that person being able to take in help and to learn for themselves.

:o

Me helping you, is like me yelling "LOOK OUT!" at someone about to walk into a pole because they are completely oblivious of their surroundings because of their cell phone :|

I just can't bare to stand by and watch the train wreck that is your posts.

We've seen a lot of people come through here, and I've been here many years, and you are a special kind of forum poster for sure...

As has been established in the past, you kind of get what you "deserve" because of how oblivious you seem to things. Yes, everyone needs help, and to learn, but that has the prerequisite of that person being able to take in help and to learn for themselves.

:o

I suppose...

A train wreck? Maybe you should PM me to explain further, but that is a rather strong analogy, is it not?

What I cannot understand is how I am always being told on here that I refuse to listen to advice. That is simply untrue. In fact, I followed nearly everything suggested to me in this thread.

The only two things I did not attempt was going to the hardware store (which would not have mattered anyway, considering the screw is a custom size), and cutting down the head diameter (which you suggested, but warned me not to do). How does that manifest as being like a 'train wreck?' Do you see something that I do not?

I might as well just delete my account, if it can even be done. It is clear that my presence is not compatible with anyone else on this site. I know this community has no need for a 'train wreck.'

Farewell. I reckon it has been a pleasure knowing all of you...or knowing the text you people have typed, from somewhere, at some time.

Can everyone please stop being so damn ostentatious?

I understand I am not a great tinkerer. However, I would like if you guys understood that and dropped all of the recent sarcasm towards me. How else will I learn a proper methodology of doing these things if all anyone says is a quagmire of sarcastic, unhelpful comments? Please think and bear with me.

I have listened to most of the suggestions juxtaposed on me from other users. Whilst I may not have listened to everything, I utilised the guidance I was given in the most realistic and efficient way possible.

I am grateful of the non-sardonic help I have received. To those of you accusing me of being a troll, or an idiot, or just tossing useless, snide remarks towards me, please do not post. I am looking for help. No one is in any way obligated to reply to this thread. If you wish to help me out, that is fantastic. However, if you feel the need to hate against me or my methods (without even knowing a bloody thing about me!), please refrain from posting on this thread.

I joined this site to get help when I so needed it, not so other users could ignite some sort of 'vendetta' against my so-called 'incoherent' ability to do anything correctly.

Anyway, rant aside, I'll try my best to work at filing down the screw heads.

We're a bunch of bitter, sardonic people. I hear Zero In has a better crowd:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.zeroin.co.uk/&ved=0ahUKEwikoMfs9bjSAhUc0IMKHeZjAJsQFgglMAM&usg=AFQjCNFU-GOd-rHeC7oUvloU4Yy8tyBN0Q&sig2=JC8dnFF97d9CEaMnCRTT7Q

Don't take it personally.  There maybe some exaggeration to the ribbing your getting but it's mostly in jest.  Sucking at something is the first step to being great at something :P

Just keep going.  You'll get there eventually ha.

The only two things I did not attempt was going to the hardware store (which would not have mattered anyway, considering the screw is a custom size), and cutting down the head diameter.

These were the two sensible solutions to your problem! It's not a custom size. No Airsoft manufacturer is going to go to the lengths of making a one off screw size. If you'd gone down to the local hardware store you could have solved it in a morning. That's why everyone is flaming you.

They're not as common as you might think.  I was looking for one that had both, and they were relatively rare (in-store at places like Walmart, Home Depot, etc.)

So much so that when I asked a saleperson if they had any with metric, they seemed confused as to why I would want such an odd thing.

Update:

So, yeah, I actually did not attempt to fire the gun with the dummy firing pin installed until today (my shipment of eight bottles of Guarder PUG finally arrived after a month and a half freight time from Hong Kong).

Well, the results were frightening, if not interesting at the same time. The first shots did not have any blowback whatsoever. The BB was propelled out of the chamber, but at ~100 fps and it was clear the hammer was not striking the gas release valve hard enough.

That being said, it is probably a result of the firing pin 'button,' which causes the trigger to stay back 1mm or so than it does without the firing pin installed (the 'button' protrudes a small bit, as I believe it should).

I reinstalled the whole firing pin, and made sure the oring was pressed in completely. It seems a lot better now, but I have still observed a few 'weak' strikes. Do I need a stronger hammer spring to compensate for the slightly lower amount of hammer travel? Granted, it is below freezing outside, and I was shooting out the window, but I've never observed weak shots with the pistol before (except perhaps when the piston head oring became ridiculously swollen and needed replacement). Do these dummy firing pins need stronger hammer springs to function correctly? PUG is strong gas, so if I tested with Propane (if I ever decide to get a can in the first place), it might be a different situation.

Weak hammerspring or short pin.

Short pin? What does that entail?

Why could the hammer spring be weakened? Is it possibly because of the reduced hammer travel distance, or could it simply be worn out (although I haven't exactly used the gun a whole lot overall)? I always thought the Inokatsu had a fairly stiff hammer spring (and definitely a very strong recoil spring). It always handled Guarder Power Up without any problems (I never tested in the summer however)...

As I mentioned, the 'striking' is much improved than it was when I initially started firing the gun with the dummy firing pin installed. The gun was not cycling at all and simply firing BBs at low fps and making a miserable 'thump' sound. It seems to blowback most of the time now. I don't know why this occurred in the first place. I guess I could have seated the firing pin incorrectly, but I'm not sure. Hammer spring still could be an issue. Idk.

Archived