Marui Glock Versions?

blobface

Need some help understanding what's going on with TM Glocks, I've had many TM Glocks over the years that I keep building and selling, and never really paid attention to the differences, but am I correct in saying that it has largely remain unchanged all this time internally?

I'm about to get a Guarder G34 steel slide for the TM G17 (No thanks to John Wick 2), however the slide set is quite old, I believe it dates back to 2012 / 2013, would a slide set like that still be compatible with a 2017/2016 batch TM Glock 17 from Japan / Echigoya? 

Thanks.

Nothing solid to contribute with but I would think the same as you that there has been no change to the design since original launch of the TM Glock 17 GEN3 model.

Have not heard or seen anything to indicate otherwise.

The only one that I have heard being updated is the new Glock 22 model with some minor changes.

I would feel comfortable buying the kit.

Only thing is Guarder kits were not as good back then as they are now so you might have to do some fitting for the BBU etc.

EDIT: 

FYI for Guarder parts there is probably no better source than Rainbow8. I think they are the main Guarder distributor in HK. Bought from them several times now, always a good experience. And good prices too :D

Like half price on some of the smaller items compared to other shops. Like gas route rubbers and such.

http://www.rainbow8.com/collections/glock-series/products/glock-34-steel-cnc-slide-barrel-kit-for-tm-g17-standard-ver-black

In case you have not seen my Ultimate Custom Glock 19 GEN3 build material this might be of some use to you as I know you like to go all out as well :D 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B85pTFS-CoRJOGczbDRuWkIxZU0?usp=sharing

Oh, that's useful to know, I was tempted to just buy the G34 outright thinking they'd be the same. How would the slide not fit the frame though? Aren't the notch essentially the same except with it being a plastic / metal sandwich as oppose to just plastic? Does that mean a G34 frame won't be able to take a G17 slide? 

G17 slide on 34 frame is a yes, 34 slide on a 17 frame is a no, unless you remove the metal insert. I Chan show you my 22 when I'm home and you'll see. It increases the size of the contact area on the frame sides, so with the insert is, it stops the slide from going on. It's hard to explain without photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got you, that explains it perfectly. The Guarder steel G34 slide is in effect a G17 spec slide as the official G34 never existed back then, so a Guarder G34 slide should therefore work with a TM G34 frame. 

Does this also mean an after market G17 fibre reinforced polymer frame won't work with G34 internals? Or does it only get fatter "inwards" so won't impede on compatibility? 

Archived