KJW new not a *beep*-seventeen GBB pistol?

Katotaka

I cant see the why they would go to the expense of changing internals from their G17 model just to make this. It's almost what what WE and Echo 1 did to make the Timberwolf XTR and thats like 90% TM compatable.

I just did a rebuild on a Timberwolf and everything I replaced was either straight TM or Guarder parts and works just fine. I think (and hope) we will find the compatability issue to be a non-issue.

Still going to buy one as soon as it comes out. Really liking that frame color.

• 1 month later...

For the moment apparently only available in Spain and possibly here https://www.crownairsoft.com/ though the CO2 magazine is clearly for green gas.  Kind of expensive :fear2: here https://ast-gun.airsofttaiwan.com/?route=product%2Fsearch&search=kp-13 and still coming soon.

I suppose the thing to do is to test it out with a TM slide, and then try transferring the slide internals into the TM slide.  If that works, the CO2 might go well with some Guarder steel...

• 2 months later...

Ordered mine and it arrives Thursday. It appears everything internal is TM/WE friendly and apparently slide groups from them also just slide right on with no problem.

This may end up being my "go to" frame for making custom pistols now that the Timberwolf is no longer available. I think a nice Salient style slide would look good on this.

Frame is Urban Grey with a black slide. They also have a version called "Black Ops" with that printed on the left side of the slide and "Para-Ordanance" on the right side. It also comes with a threaded barrel. G17 magazines from TM and WE are compatable. Naturally the G17 Green Gas and C02 magazines for the KJW G model. C02 and Green Gas ready like the P09 Duty.

Just a couple of pointers as I now build all of mine from mixes of KJW and TM parts.

The routers on TM mags are rounded, and the nozzle on the KJW is flat. Swap the routers out for WE ones and you're golden.

My lastest was a G17 and the KJW slide would not fit the TM frame insert. The TM would fit the KJW though, so use the KJW frame inserts.

The outer barrels don't swap over 100%, neither do the hop units. The hop unit on the TM doesn't have the groove cut to make it possible to get it in and out of the outer barrel without a hammer

Postal service now says delivery tomorrow. Will try a quick switch of TM G17, WE Timberwolf and APS parts (slides and barrel combinations as well as magazines) to see what works and what doesnt.

Really hoping this works out to be a good base gun as well.

Basically everything UAC ^^.

I held an all UAC clock lastbyears and those things are smoooooooth!

Like everything is made of teflon.

Inner frame for the rails and hammer housing are uncertain parts because i'm planning to couple that with a PDI g35 slide/barrel. Rest would be ok.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

My two Timberwolf slide groups worked perfectly on the frame. My APS Salient style slide with all TM and Guarder parts worked perfectly (looked nice too). My PGC G17 slide group with TM internals works as it should.

This is all good as the slide that comes with the KP13 is just plain "butt ugly". It's well made and all but its just awful looking. It is going bye bye. The sights are pretty good with a fiber optic front and plain black rear sight with serrations but no white outline or dots. Will see how if the will work with the other APS slide I have. The stock barrel is nothing special and reminds me of the stock KJW G23 barrels.

My only issue was getting the slides off. The frame cuts for the release lever are not deep enough to get a good enough finger grip to pull both sides down at the same time. Its a bear! But that is easily fixable by removing a little material on each side of the frame (and you wont need to remove much) and should solve the problem. Probably a job for my dremel tool.

TM and WE G17 magazines worked fine. Have not had a chance to shoot it with BB's but will get to that tomorrow. The magazine release it totally different in shape and no current G series mag release is going to work (reminds me of a lengthened P09 release). However, on the plus side, it is a good design and works well.

The shape of the grip is quite comfortable and its like they took the grip from the new SIG 320 and the trigger guard from the CZ P09 or P07. Points naturally. Nice beaver tail and the bore axis is nice and low. I would have liked the color to be a bit darker but it is what it is. My M3 light will not fit (way too tight for the rail) but the TLR-1 fits well due to its design.

Will see how it shoots tomorrow with stock slide group and the others.

Want to get a nice G17 style threaded barrel and extended slide release. Removing the "serial number safety" and installing a blank Guarder serial number plate.

Trigger group is going to stay stock for now as it is actually well made and trigger break is quite good.

Only got a couple of full magazine shots so far (been busy as heck), but it seems to really like .25's. Appears to be a keeper.

Will update in a few days.

Today, I put 10 magazines through the KP13 in totally stock mode. Nice shooter. My range only goes to 90 feet but the pistol shot past that with .25's. I was able to hit torso sized target on regular bases at that range. I was shooting my usual plastic gallon milk container at 75 feet and no problems keeping the pistol on target. I had cleaned out the barrel and made sure the pistol was lightly lubed up. No malfunctions. The hop-up started to really have effect after I was into my 3rd magazine. Sights were right on and the fiber optic front sight works well in regular light. The trigger is very good. Not too light and breaks clean. The trigger reset is short, is tactile and while not loud, it is audible.

I used the KP13 magazine 4 TM g17 magazines, 3 WE lightweight polymer magazines and 2 WE G17 magazines. All magazines operated just as they should, with the exception of the WE lightweight magazines. While they fed bb's with no problem, they did not lock the slide back after the last shot.

I then put through 3 more magazines using my APS Salient style slide that has TM G17 and G18 parts as well as a Guarder G17 outer barrel (gold color). Again, the pistol functioned flawlessly and as it looks pretty sharp, it will probable stay in this mode for the time being.

All and all a good start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got a KP17 in Co2 flavour for a customer, so I thought I'd update with some info:

- Guarder TM G17 frames fit fine, and are closer to FDE than the 'Tan' KJW frames.
- Trigger break is very clean, surprisingly so for a glock

- Slide lock wasn't engaging very positively, it would reliably lock back but only juuuust. 10 seconds with a pair of pliers to carefully bend the bit that engages the follower and it's golden

- Co2 magazines work well, no leaks, went for 2 and a bit magazines worth of bbs rapid firing on semi

- finish on the slide feels more like a sandblasted finish which is quite nice, I was expecting the slick semi-gloss black that KJW uses on it's 1911/hicapa slides

- I got the APLUS version with correct trades on the slide and barrel

- Kick is vicious, really nice

- Chrono'd at 0.95J on 0.25g, but YMMV

- Trigger components and hammer etc are not steel, apart from the pins and the hammer roller. Even the trigger transfer bar is not steel

- The Co2 version, at least, appears to have stronger recoil and hammer springs than the WE G17 I have to compare it with

They're both excellent choices.

KJW has a better hop up unit, better trigger and better Co2 magazines.

WE has more variants and a lighter slide, making it a bit snappier on green gas. Also has more parts from third party manufacturers because it's been out longer.

If you already own a WE I wouldn't say it's worth selling it and getting a KJW, but if you want to run Co2, the KJW mags work in the WE and are miles ahead (and cheaper).

Nice! thanks a mill, I might pick up a kjw to check it out.

If you can import them, I'd heavily recommend Rainbow8:

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/pistol-gbb/manufacturer_kj-works

They got me one from HK to UK in only 6 days. (Spent another 4 in customs but ho hum)

Archived