Glock 19 w/ TAC LIGHT Problem, Serpa - Safariland ?

CharlieQB

Glock 19 w/ TAC LIGHT Problem, Serpa - Safariland ?

Evening all

Bit of an ongoing problem I'm trying to solve on my return to the sport after a 5yr break.

I intend to go back to playing CQB sites and as I despise High-Caps and only use Mids, having a good Secondary with a fast draw is very important to me 

I used to run a G19 in a Blackhawk Serpa on a drop leg w/ a separate holster for my Surefire G2. It worked but was never ideal, especially on pistol mag changes

I moved on to Safariland with a M3 and it was a good set up but I just didn't get on with the release system and my draw/transition was much slower than with the Serpa. 

I've now bought a L2 Serpa (clone) that will take a torch and have only just found out that most Tac Lights don't fit other than the Blackhawk Xiphos nt!

While I like genuine kit it's not a great time for me to splash out £130+ on a torch. I know I can get a Clone of the Xiphos but I understand it doesn't have a 'momentary' switch setting, just on/off?

As not having that function doesn't suit my game play I'm stuck on what to do, but still want to stay with the Serpa

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance

Chas

Safarailand SLS (not ALS)

There's a ton of models and it's a jungle to find the right model in, but it'll look something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Safariland-Duty-Holster-for-Glock-17-22-with-Tactical-Light-6280-8321-131-Lvl-2-/220981628208

Prices vary. Look for second hand ones on ebay.

Edit: Okay you already tried safariland. I don't know what to say. I think safariland SLS (like the picture one) is perfectly fast. It always works under stress and is easy to reholster. Gross motor movement.

Maybe consider a readymag system for your main rifle. Or tenspeed/fastmag/etc. To me, a pistol is not drawn instead of reloading.

Safarailand SLS (not ALS)

There's a ton of models and it's a jungle to find the right model in, but it'll look something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Safariland-Duty-Holster-for-Glock-17-22-with-Tactical-Light-6280-8321-131-Lvl-2-/220981628208

Prices vary. Look for second hand ones on ebay.

Edit: Okay you already tried safariland. I don't know what to say. I think safariland SLS (like the picture one) is perfectly fast. It always works under stress and is easy to reholster. Gross motor movement.

That's the one I had. Want to avoid going back to it all together bud. The Serpa is just a better design all round for me, trigger finger release, the way it sits on your thigh and doesn't move without cutting off the circulation to your foot.

Fobus has a G19 Tactical holster that appears to work with any light. Not sure if it can be set up for drop-leg though.

Tried a friends, hated it, you can get it on a drop leg but it was the slowest draw I ever did... :/

You effectively draw the pistol backwards, not up

41JG8sNieeL.jpg

On the SLS hood, try pressing the small triangle face in an angle, instead of pressssing straight down - push forward on the serrated face. That "saves" an extra motion and puts your thumb in a better position to grab the pistol.

ALS holsters are cool, but they're very sensitive about sizing, in my experience many airsoft guns have fitting issues in ALS holsters.

Personally I will never touch trigger finger released holsters, A.K.A. shoot-yourself-in-the-leg button.

SureFire presented a new holster at shotshow. I bet It'll be expensive, but it should work with vlone x300's.

It's essentially a holster for surefire weapon mounted light, not for the pistol. So it doesn't matter whan pistol you have. Also has a 'draw weapon with taclight on' function.

Option?

Looks ideal for us all! I had the idea yeaaaars ago, but then again, I'm a dreamer and dismissed it as a futile fantasy. Should've sold the idea darnit...

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Safariland ALS holster, very quick draw with the thumb break style release, I have one for my Sig and my Glock and have never had any issues with it not being retained in the holster.

The Serpa is a good holster if you don't want to use a tac light on your pistol, but if you do its pretty pointless. I would always choose a Saf holster really.

Archived