Planned Purchases for 2017

super64

So 2017's in full swing, Shot Show is over for another year and most of the manufacturers have announced their new products. What guns are people planning to buy this year?

Personally my list includes,

WE M16A1 and XM177

Possibly a PPS Kar98

And from the new stuff being released,

A GBB Thompson, probably which ever one comes out first

The re-released King Arms M1 Paratrooper Carbine, when it comes out

Umarex HK416 A5

G&G GPM92

I'm not even going to begin working out how much this could end up costing me, but hay ho, that's life.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a Umarex/VFC HK VP9 inbound :D 

Other than that, just some accessories I've been wanting for a while; 

MRO red-dot sight replica.

SRS sight replica.

XC1 light replica

Better RMR red-dot sight replica.

Glock 19 GEN4 proper replica, preferably MOS style :D 

ZOMG!!!

I think I've done most of my buying for this year. Just got an Elite Force 1911 to replace my ancient one that finally crapped out, a full green loadout, and I've got an LCT RPK on the way to one of my local stores for me. Only things I've really got my eyes on past that are a KWA M11 and an M14 EBR.

That's some serious money right there Scorch mate. The minigun looks awesome, but for around £2500 - £3000, that's a big commitment.

I'm with you there Tquilha, I'm really looking forward to a gas Thompson coming out. There are a few company's that seem to have one in production, but they just won't release them yet. I wish they'd hurry up.

That's some serious money right there Scorch mate. The minigun looks awesome, but for around £2500 - £3000, that's a big commitment.

That's way off what I heard it'll cost.

Let me go read my source again.

EDIT: Landwarrior were at the IWA and reckoned retail was around £600.

I'd love to be wrong as a minigun at £600 would be amazing, even if slightly ropey but I can't see us getting them less than £1.5K.  The current CAs are around £2.5K/£3K.  Not sure how a new one will be significantly cheaper.  All plastic? Landwarrior must have gotten something lost in translation.  Also, I hope we're getting a UK spec one...

It was the current CA minigun I was looking at the price of. Like Hitman says, I can't imagine a new one being much cheaper than that. But, if Landwarrior have some inside info about a £600 one, then that's definitely something to look out for. If the price has dropped that much, I would expect the specs to have dropped as well.

OK.  I had a little look.  £600 actually seems likely as it looks gash and performance is questionable.  Runs of a regular can of green like we saw in that video a while back and barrels are powered by a regular airsoft battery.  Very light at 4KG.

t5ysSGu.jpg?1

Funnily enough, a Classic Army mini gun is also on my list for this year (ideally before April, but here in NZ we need to get import permits from the police and I'd wager it'll be June before that arrives) because hell why not.

Given I need permits, I've had to pre plan my year... So that, another AA12 so I can chop it up, an SGR12 (assuming TM releases it this year), a Skorpion AEP (Bingo is currently making a P* kit for it), an RPG7, a G&G PDW15, and I'll build one or two guns with the Retro Arms billet bodies, assuming they produce something other than black (ideally orange). Other than that I'm running a tight ship this year as I just physically do not have the room for many more guns (the minigun will have to hang from the roof at this stage, but that's cool).

I'd quite like an ICS MGL, and a few other bits, but I won't bother unless I can get a good deal on a second hand one. I might build some Hi-Capas too, or maybe some metal body kit conversions, just depends on what pops up.

Umarex H&K VP9 or their H&K Mk.23 GBB - I haven't decided. I love my TM Mk.23.

After buying a TM M4 MWS, I don't want another rifle to be honest. 

I'd like to get hold of a TAD hard/softshell jacket, and some BFG pouches, but I feel about as settled as I've ever been with my gear. I might put up for sale a couple of WA GBBs I bought on a whim last year, we'll see.

I'm still waiting for my VP9 to arrive. According to Asia Airsoft it's been posted so hopefully it'll be here sometime next week. I've been waiting around two weeks so far, apparently they were waiting for new stock. I ordered a WE Kimber Desert Warrior at the same time, so I'm really looking forward to that package arriving.

There has been nothing out recently that excites me greatly, I guess it is because the fashion is in newer or fictional replicas (AK12, SRS, MDR, ACR, AR15 PDWs etc) which all feel remarkably similar, rather than the more characteristically distinguishing replicas (VB26, UZIs,Sterling, FAL/SLR, RPD), which have different feel when using said weapons. 

Its like listening to the Bands of the 50-80's where it was unique, vs now listening to Katy Perry, Beyonce, etc all sound the same because musical preference and sales can be electronically determined and composers are asked to make music with the same sort of notes so that they sell.  As a result, a small number of composers compose music for all the pop giants (e.g. Sia) .

So if thats the case, there isn't much worthwhile to obtain atm.  Love to get my hands on a VB26, and if they do finally make a GBB SLR or Thompson that would be fantastic.

Just the way of the world now sadly.  We have pretty much reached peak optimization of current standard technology and materials.  Look at phones, cars e.t.c. all brands spinning off a similar design template.

Archived