Planned Purchases for 2017

super64

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been nothing out recently that excites me greatly, I guess it is because the fashion is in newer or fictional replicas (AK12, SRS, MDR, ACR, AR15 PDWs etc) which all feel remarkably similar, rather than the more characteristically distinguishing replicas (VB26, UZIs,Sterling, FAL/SLR, RPD), which have different feel when using said weapons.

Its like listening to the Bands of the 50-80's where it was unique, vs now listening to Katy Perry, Beyonce, etc all sound the same because musical preference and sales can be electronically determined and composers are asked to make music with the same sort of notes so that they sell. As a result, a small number of composers compose music for all the pop giants (e.g. Sia) .

So if thats the case, there isn't much worthwhile to obtain atm. Love to get my hands on a VB26, and if they do finally make a GBB SLR or Thompson that would be fantastic.

All pop music sounds the same whether it '57 or '17 bro, it's just that none of those bands survived the test of time.

But, you mentioned Uzis, and I'd freaking kill for TM to start back making Uzis, or for someone to make a decent GBBR. As it is, I just found out that KWC is still making Mini Uzis, so I'll be getting one of those. You can even still get the green gas mag converters. Next to the AK series, the Uzi series is my second favorite of all time.

I need to get my kwc uzi going. First issue is that i got a gen 1 which takes gen 1 mags which are hard to find. If i can find a bunch i'll then have to reduce the fps down to skirmishable levels. After that, a MBK and real foregrips (the kwc ones are a horrible plastic!).

If i can't get mags I'll buy a gen 2 or maybe another gbb smg, kwa mp9 looks nifty.

Fwiw i have not heard good things about the green gas adaptors for kwc uzi

I need to get my kwc uzi going. First issue is that i got a gen 1 which takes gen 1 mags which are hard to find. If i can find a bunch i'll then have to reduce the fps down to skirmishable levels. After that, a MBK and real foregrips (the kwc ones are a horrible plastic!).

If i can't get mags I'll buy a gen 2 or maybe another gbb smg, kwa mp9 looks nifty.

Fwiw i have not heard good things about the green gas adaptors for kwc uzi

Appreciate the heads up, what have you heard? It wouldn't get too much use with me, pretty much just at my local CQB place, but field games I'd stick to the C02.

If you can't sort out your UZI I can vouch for the MP9, so much fun :D

Needs a few upgrades though to be reliable. Had busted nozzle springs and nozzles on my previous one.

I got a Wii Tech alu nozzle and some aftermarket nozzle springs :) 

Appreciate the heads up, what have you heard? It wouldn't get too much use with me, pretty much just at my local CQB place, but field games I'd stick to the C02.

Its a downgrade in all ways really... less fps (which is useful for the v1 as it shoots 420fps w/.2) but rof, kick and gas efficiency goes down too.

I'd advise you go back on the general discussion page a bit and find the thread about the uzi - lots of useful information.

My view is that you buy one cause you want an uzi, and you want co2.. otherwise there are better options. Tho.. it is an uzi. It is co2... these are good things!!!!

Its a downgrade in all ways really... less fps (which is useful for the v1 as it shoots 420fps w/.2) but rof, kick and gas efficiency goes down too.

I'd advise you go back on the general discussion page a bit and find the thread about the uzi - lots of useful information.

My view is that you buy one cause you want an uzi, and you want co2.. otherwise there are better options. Tho.. it is an uzi. It is co2... these are good things!!!!

I utterly despise C02 to be perfectly honest, only exception is the Elite Force 1911, but I love Uzis more that I hate C02. But, the whole reason for the adapter is to bring the power down to my CQB place's 1J limit, and since that place enforces semi automatic fire only and I prefer it in general, I don't mind the smaller amount of gas it holds or the ROF drop. Honestly, so long as pressurizing the mags with gas isn't gonna make the explode or something, I think the gas adapter will suit my purposes just fine.

LOL yeah the only 2 guns KWC did right (The CO2 M1911 and the Mini UZI), the Mini UZI was actually Western Arms design.  I have both, and had both V1 and V2, all fantastic replicas.  Ideally the Mini UZi should be propane, but the converters are total p**p, the full size UZI should be 350fps and electric.

I haven't tried the v2 mags vs v1 mags yet, they visually seem identical.  I kept the V1 as it was more accurate than a V2.

Otherwise, I would be happy with a PP2000. Basically a modern Vz23

V1 and V2 KWC Mini UZI magazines are different, both will fit either version of Mini UZI but the release valves are different and perform differently, the screw caps are different and they're internally threaded to different depths, the bore the Co2 cartridge fits into also seems slightly larger on the V2, possibly to reduce the chance of the cartridges sticking.

What I noticed is that the V2's FPS is significantly lower than the V1.

The blowback nozzle and bolt carrier is also different on the V2 vs V1 as it had been simplified a fair amount on the V2, not to mention it is only open bolt SMG.

Also closed bolt is a lot more accurate than open bolt, hence why I have stuck with the V1

So v2 mags fit and work in the v1? If so this is good news (for me)

Yes and no, they fit and they work, but it seems extremely low on power and recoil compared to the V1 mag. A shame because my only V1 mag is damaged and doesn't feed right, I had hoped to use the V2 mag with the V1 valve but when I tried that it just leaked. Maybe with a custom made valve the V2 mags could be modified to work in the old Mini UZI, externally they're much the same apart from the V2 mark on the later ones but I'm not even going to consider that while I still have other Mini UZI parts in progress :P

damn. I've found a source for v1 mags... just need to pull the trigger on the shopping cart!!! 

Actually in stock? If so link please! Having a properly feeding mag will make my life much easier when I start fluting my power reduction valves and want to spot test them.

Since it is unlikely for me to get any of this save for maybe the winter holidays at the end of the year, call it a wish plan list.

General Gear: 

Another Russian oversuit of some sorts, rather it be a sposn sumrak or partizan m suit, a tactic-9 suit, ratnik suit, etc.  I'd like one simply to have possible another option to a game (something for the "tan" side would be nice).

More Telny.

A panama style hat to match the oversuit.

Some sort of vest/beltrig/magic slav pouches to replace my lifchik type 2 and soviet 7 rip setups.  Ideally it would be a smersh with pouches to swap out per weapon type, but I do like some of the old commercial stuff and the 6sh112-7 setups (mostly from some of the early syria photos with the troops with desert uniforms but green vests) .

Another pair of boots would be nice.

RPK:

Still has not been out to a field yet, but the usual minor external bits such as the rear sight.

Proper RPK/PKM style sling.

Unless I get a rig that can take the longer 45 round style magazines, one of the Soviet era over the shoulder pouches would be nice (should have jumped on one when they were in stock at one website).

More of the 45 round style magazines, or just more 30 round style ones of various capacities.

SVD: 

More magazines + pouch for them.

Scope, should have nabbed the Romanian ones when they were still around in the US for 120, and not the 200+ rarity they are now.

Bizon:

More magazines and a way to carry them (probably a rpk solution).

Replicas I don't have (otherwise known as "I have too many already but oooh shiny!"):

Some sort of 7.62 Nato/ "Battle Rifle" goodness to just mess about with, like a FAL, Type 64 (I saw evike restock them somehow) or very recently that mc51sds that AEX builds out of classic army bodies.

An ak100 series style carbine (ideally I would just find the externals and inner barrel magically).

A vsr-10 gespec to just keep stock and mess about with.

Misc :

Someone local to change all my stuff to deans because if I do it something will go horribly wrong.

More ammo in a higher weight.

A magical v3 gearbox I could just shove into most of my stuff and be able to change the spring on easily.

I've seen another video on the compact CA minigun.  4 barrels, firing from each.  Estimated £700.  If it's like bigger brother, it has an electronic regulator to fix output at 0.5J for Germany and 1J for UK.

I still have other Mini UZI parts in progress :P

Rob, if you'll promise to expedite those adapters I'll put a V1 magazine in the post for you on Monday.

damn. I've found a source for v1 mags... just need to pull the trigger on the shopping cart!!! 

Where? I'll buy another four without hesitation.

There's actually a couple of guns I am vaguely interested in floating about/on the horizon (which hasn't happened for a year or two).  Alas I've put myself on a new gun ban, my 2nd LM4 is still in bits awaiting lots of work, I've got a set of expensive AEG receivers and a rail awaiting.. everything else to be built in to a full gun.  Pretty much all my other ARs are in states of part-finish where some are built and usable but not right, some are just straight up incomplete.

Spent all my money on camo last year, still 'got' to get a couple of new plate carriers to update the collection, probably another belt rig or 2 as well.

A new gun ban. I've tried that, but not very successfully. I've bought 5 guns this year already, 3 of which turned up yesterday. And there are a few I've still got my eye on.

I am 'lucky' in that I ban myself from RIFs but just buy kit instead, so it still scratches the itch and I get new shiny things showing up in the post, which is obviously what we're all hooked on.

2017 - A mixture of purchases and actually getting a comms tech to take a look at why some kit isn't actually working properly

RIF's 

There's no new RIF's I actually want so I'm going to work on my existing ones or build one with existing parts.

Complete my SRS A1 build:

18" carbon barrel

455mm inner barrel

FAST hop unit

Pull bolt kit

A decent scope and mount

Change the look of my 12" TM based RECCE:

PTS Centurion Arms 11" CMR RIS and tan rail panels

7.5" outer barrel

4" carbon fibre look suppressor

Change the look of my TM SCAR L:

Laylax 2 piece outer barrel, need it for the shorter length

4" carbon fibre look suppressor

Build a GHK BCM AR15:

BCM engaved lower reciever

BCM KMR 10" RIS (going to be lazy and not rethread the upper, chancing that it might fit with the barrel nut that came with the Dytac replica)

Angry Gun multi length outer barrel set

Various GHK internal parts

A weapon mounted light

Change the look of my GHK KAC SR16:

Madbull URX 3.1 10.75" RIS

B5 SOPMOD stock

B5 pistol grip

B5 trigger guard

Gear

Selling on all my MC and grey gear, going back to black and try Ranger Green properly.

Already bought quite a bit of load bearing gear (chest rigs, duty belts and belt mounted pouches) but will experiment with more lighter weight loadouts.

I need to find a comms tech who can figure out why the volume my Sordins are so low when used with a Nexus PTT.

Also, get a newly acquired TABC III bone conduction headset wired to a PTT unit.

I will say to anyone who's got ideas in their head about guns they want to build and loadouts/gear they want to get together or have been meaning to for years; write it down here.  It makes you actually do things if you tell people you're going to.  Like if I say in my own head I'm going to go for a run, it's definitely not a guarantee I'll do it unless if I've got my fitness test imminently.  If I say to someone in work I'm going to circuits/the gym or some sport, then I'll have to do it.

They had a thread like this over on AF-UK start of last year and I wrote down my plan for 2016 in terms of purchases and I actually stuck to it for a change and bought the stuff I said I'd buy instead of going off on tangents all the time when some new best-thing-ever appeared in my inbox.

Archived