Planned Purchases for 2017

super64

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guarder G19 and G23 slides and frames to finally complete my KJW's properly. A nice 1911A1 frame and slide kit for one of my Tokyo Marui 1911's. Most likely the WE P99 and that KJW "not a Glock". Another Timberwolf XTR but this time in black along with all the Guarder goodies I put in my FDE version.

Well, planned purchases are one thing, but then there are the unplanned ones. I've just picked up a WE M14 EBR, second hand at a decent price. I wasn't intending to buy one just yet, but saw it and decided I had to have it. Of course that meant I had to by a decent scope for it as well. And now I really fancy getting a GHK Steyr AUG after seeing a few videos and reviews. It's either the AUG or a WE P90. I've been after the P90 for a while and never really considered the AUG until recently and now I really fancy one. And as GHK are the only ones doing a gbb version, I guess that would have to be the one.

To be honest I'd like to be able to do that with all my guns, see how they compare to the real thing. Unfortunately, here in the U.K there are very few opportunities for a person to get hands on with real firearms. Some would say that's a good thing, but that depends on an individuals opinion.

- Try to either sell my ares amoeba or think of something to do with it. I put a madbull M100 in it and changed the blue stock and foregrip for a tan Octarms set once i had my UKARA but i'm just not feeling the tacticool M4 anymore. It's not a bad gun, shoots straight and far, good rate of fire, lightweight, has that fancy ECFS gearbox and a microswitch trigger but i had more fun using my JG MP5 last time i played, and now i've gone and impluse-bought a Cyma AKS74U (that might be shooting at 400fps apparently...) and a Ares SR25K, the Amoeba is surplus. I still have a soft spot for the "classic" M4 however. 

- Some new camo. Fed up with buying trash off Amazon/Ebay and having it not fit, i used to get it from Flecktarn.co.uk years ago and i have no idea why i didn't just go back there in the first place. Perhaps some MARPAT - i don't go for a specific look, i just get what i like the look of and put a chest rig on :D

maybe a vector? It's £350 for a gun i only like because i used it in The Division :P

Does anyone have an idea when that German sniper rifle from ARES and G&G WA2000 are coming out, if ever? Those are pretty much the only two things I'd like to own, and that's after non-airsoft purchases.

Unless I flip out and blow 2K in local currency on Apple Airsoft M1887 or TM KSG.

Well the minigun should be on the way from Hong Kong by now, so definitely looking forward to that. Six barrels each with a hop to set, should be a laugh,

I really would like a Retro Arms receiver set, but I've decided to wait until they make one in a gash looking colour, preferably orange. In an ideal world, that'd be a skeletonised receiver too. A man can dream. I've been collecting bits for it already, lightweight carbon handguards and stocks. I have enough military looking ######, time for something shiny :D

I'm keeping an eye out for a TM Uzi too. I reckon I could gut a Jack unit and machine up a drop in for it. The gearbox in an Uzi is a bit weird, but it shouldn't be too hard (just zero market for something like that, so I doubt anything commercial will ever appear).

Made a mistake on my permits, tied the SGR and AA12 together, so hopefully TM release it in the next 12 months or it'll expire.

Well, bear in mind I've not fired it - it comes with an 8mm input hose, and all of my adaptors are 6mm.

Externally, it is all you would expect. Metal, nicely made, extremely solid feeling, and suitable heavy (11kg unladen?)

The air valve in it is ghetto as. It is basically just a dump valve, so I expect it'll chew through air like nobodies business.

The barrels spin just like you'd hope, with just enough spin up time to be a good balance between that minigun spin up you expect, and usability. That was one thing I was wondering about, so that was a nice surprise. I'm powering it from a 1800mAh 25-50C 3S LiPo. It comes with Tamiya connectors, so I chopped all of those off and replace it with Deans.

One of the MNU boys is a fabricator, so we'll weld up some tripod and fixed position mounts for it over the next few months. I also need to sort out a regulator for a SCUBA tank so it can have enough air available to shoot ~10k rounds from a fixed position.

Once an adaptor fitting arrives, I'll take it down to the range and set the hop chambers up. I've watched the instructional video, it doesn't look too difficult. Just disconnect the motor (leaving just the air valve operated by the trigger), pull the trigger, and spin the barrel by hand so only one fires at a time. Adjust the hop and turn the barrel  back and then past the air outlet again to test fire that barrel. Keep doing that till all 6 are where you want them.

Not sure how much I'll ever use it, but it'll look great on a pedestal in the garage, maybe with a spotlight or too :D  (I went to Universal Studios on my honeymoon, and I picked up a big Terminator model with glowing eyes, so the idea is to build the pedesal base as glass display cabinet for that).

Getting a VFC 10.5" carbine for a build I've been waiting to do, along with a combat load of mags, and hicaps to lighten my load. I also need a replacement KSC G17/18C mag I lost. Other than that, it's all gear: uniforms, tailoring, SERPAS, and maybe a helmet or two if anything's left in the kitty.

It never ends is right. On top of the stuff that I said I wanted in the first post I've since picked up a WE M14 EBR and I'm waiting for a GHK AUG to be delivered. I'm also trying to decide whether I want a GHK M4 with the 10.5 inch barrel or the Tokyo Marui MWS CQBR. This will allow me to sell 2 of my WE M4's. On top of that I really fancy an Umarex Colt SAA revolver. Plus the King Arms M1A1 Para Carbine is back available. My wife is going to kill me ;-)

Malcolmg, you've got to post some video footage of that Minigun when you get it to the range.

TM Recoil SOPMOD.

Might build a few different uppers for it but the one I really want to get eventually is A HK416 to build as close a clone of my GBBR as possible (love 416 upper on a M4 lower).

The upcoming Umarex HK416A5 has the 416 upper with an M4 style lower. I'm not sure when it'll be available, but it's definitely on my wish list.

The upcoming Umarex HK416A5 has the 416 upper with an M4 style lower. I'm not sure when it'll be available, but it's definitely on my wish list.

Yeah HK realised that maybe having a different magwell angle wasn't a great idea. It'll work this way as a SEAL inspired blaster which is my primary kit inspiration.

Plus SOPMOD is love.

Archived