Planned Purchases for 2017

super64

This followed me home:

HNq6Kto.jpg

Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle, Guarder metal body kit.

Normally I don't buy secondhand guns, but I know this one and fitted the kit myself, plus it came with 3 HPA mags, which saves me from getting around to tapping the ones for my black one.

I really want some fibre sights for it, but I'm having trouble finding any, except Freedom Art ones that are out of stock. I might try Julien at Impulse101 to see if he can still find a set.... other wise maybe I'll try 3D printing some, getting the fibre itself seems trivial enough.

Also a King Arms M79... It was pretty and I'm weak :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So got my Recoil, paid deposit for a Spectre from the next batch with KoA who I'm going to get to do some other work whilst they have it.

Other airsoft plans:

TM HK45 Tactical, it's too beautiful even though it's a plastic slide.

TM417

AI AW338, tempted by an Ares (!) gas one as friend has one and I like it/M40A5

Not gnus but airsoft related stuff:

24-70mm Canon L lens (unsure of a f2.8 or f4.0 with IS, pretty similar prices so I reckon the 2.8 for better max aperture)

70-200mm Canon L lens

New gun bags, very tempted by the 5.11 VTAC double rifle case so I can bring the GBBR and Recoil together easily.

If I could drive and had a car I'd look into getting a Peli-Case for my babies.

Currently doing that now. Impossible (but big thanks to the people who do give me lifts from time to time) to live in England without a car. People are a lot more used to driving 40min-2hours to get to something.

In Denmark, if you drive for 2 hours, you are in the ocean.

Learn to drive next? I dunno how people manage without a license and car

Yeah that's actually the next thing on my list, that or a motorbike license. But need some form of motorised transport.

I live in Cambridge which is pretty vehicle unfriendly but being able to see my family when I have two days off together would be sweet (they're about 100 miles away), I've not spent Christmas with my mum for six years now because transport, we're not religious but still it's nice to be with family on Christmas.

First delivery I've had this year containing more than 1 thing.

34660496311_58190abce3_b.jpg

• Mil-Spec Monkey Raw Hoodie to review
  • G3 Combat shirt
  • BCM Gunfighter stocks (Standard Mod 0 and SOPMOD) and KeyMod panels
  • G-Code Safariland RTi adapters
  • ITS Swag (not pictured - loads more)
  • Centurion C4 10"
  • G-Code chest rig bags and RTi belt mount
  • 2 weeks later...

No RPG apparently... the only place I've found that has one is COP9GUN, and they won't ship it to me. None of the other stores I use in HK will proxy it for me either. Apparently that item is too high a risk. None of these wankers will tell me what the heck that means. It's a BB gun... I don't see how people in HK can ship me a minigun but not an RPG. P'd off.

No RPG apparently... the only place I've found that has one is COP9GUN, and they won't ship it to me. None of the other stores I use in HK will proxy it for me either. Apparently that item is too high a risk. None of these wankers will tell me what the heck that means. It's a BB gun... I don't see how people in HK can ship me a minigun but not an RPG. P'd off.

EBA can hook you up with an RPG

These are no longer planned :D

I dumped the SRS sight from the cart because it was 70 USD :o

I'll get it some other time.

ACE-BL-VP9-BK.jpg
ACE-BL-VP9-BK

Ace1 arrms SIL-type Aluminum Tactical Outer Barrel for Umarex VP9 GBB Series - Black (14mm + )

RWA-TG-AGA.jpg
RWA-TG-AGA

RWA Agency Arms Trigger for Tokyo Marui GK Airsoft GBB series

ACM-SIGHT-RMR.jpg
ACM-SIGHT-RMR

ACM RMR style side control Sensor Red Reflex Sight

ACM-RD-MRO.jpg
ACM-RD-MRO

ACM MRO Style Red Dot Sight - Black

ACM-FL-XC1-BK.jpg
ACM-FL-XC1-BK

ACM Xtra Cav One Rail FlashLight - Black

Here's a pretty in-depth unboxing of the above items in case you are interested: 

I somehow mixed up the WELL AK CO2 magazine in this unboxing, no idea which order it came in :P 

icolater, on 11 Jun 2017 - 9:29 PM, said:

I'm going to get a RS glock 17 or a Bob Rogers custom Bob nose Colt commander. Glock is 850 euro inc licence fees etc, the Bob Rogers is 6600 with licence fee.

how much for the actual gun?

hah. then I should say glock charges 50$ per gun on a government contract :) how you like that gouging. no that's the cost of the gun. they give them away and let the consumers pay the overprice to make up for it. quite a nice business model. no wonder they are mad they lost on the US military contract to sig.

It's annoying but I wouldn't personally get that wound up about Glock doing it.  The way it's been explained to me by many Americans who are in positions to know; Government has to think they're getting a good deal on things, so anything that big manufacturers want to sell to the DoD they sell commercially for an exorbitant price and "oh look at the discount you're getting on this contract".  Everyone does it; guns, ammo, camo, armour, pouches, whatever.

nah glock is by far a league of their own on this. Its the only way they are trying to (but failing) to corner the market. You get a new gun every 2 years free of charge too.

So effectively, on a 6 year contract, you get 3 guns. So cost per gun is 50$ or so.  SW is really cutting them hard with the MP though (which oddly enough I consider an inferior weapon in every regard), and not due to price either. After all glock is an Austrian company so they don't have the whole patriotism factor. They have to compete on price and nothing else

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up with an Ares Amoeba AM013 and forgo the AM016 for 2 E&C M4 instead.

The AM013 is pretty toy-like light weight but feels solid. Looks less cartoony on me than a P90. Mag rattles in well and I tossed the useless plastic iron sights. For $150, I have no complain at all. Mine is DE because the shop ran out of black. I planned to paint it when I get home later in the year anyway so its cool.

I was not a M4 fan but every airsoft manufacturers on this planet is making nothing but M4's. I don't have much choices as my fave are G36 and M14 EBR. But you can't personalised G36 and M14 with a plethora of after market parts like the M4. This is where M4 starts to grow on me after some 6 years of ignoring it and now, my wishlist includes both length EMG SAI GRY, Krytec, a TM417 and a few more E&C at least. E&C quality is pretty darn good for its price, all aluminium externals.

I got my GHK G5 week before last and I bought a BCM fighter vertical grip for my Vltor but didn't fit so it's now on my JG M4 aeg.

Also bought another M9 PTP mag for the KWA and some Lancer .30 bio BB's I want to try.

Next on my wishlist is a AEG buffer tube kit for my G5 and the 12" conversion kit for it as well.  I might throw in an extra mag too

Archived