Functional PEQ visible light/laser choices

masakarijoe

This is my first post on here in like 7 years.

Anyways, who makes some of the better PEQ style visible light/laser modules? I'm looking for something with a quality flashlight and laser, and I'm flexible on the style (PEQ15, 16, DBAL, etc), I mainly want something bright and durable.

This would be for a TM MP7A1 GBB.

Thanks guys.

So G&P is still the best brand for this type of stuff? Good to know.

So a brief look on eHobbyAsia revealed these:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/flashlights/gandp-dual-laser-destinator-and-illuminator.html#.WL0vkiNOnqA

And

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/flashlights/g-p-laser-destinator-and-illuminator-red.html#.WL0voyNOnqA

What's the difference? Do they both have flashlights?

Also, what about this one?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/flashlights/g-p-peq-dual-laser-led-illuminator-red-dot-black.html#.WL0vtiNOnqA

Why so much cheaper?

Again, I won't be using this with night vision, so IR performance doesn't matter to me. I'm only really looking for a visible flashlight and visible laser.

OK, from what I can see on the specs, first one has visible red laser and I/R laser and illuminator (no flashlight). So this one is only for people who have NODs or are planning to buy some.

Number two has visible red laser pointer and illuminator (flashlight).

Number three has a red visible and I/R laser and white flashlight.

For regular skirmishing I'd take number 3.

:)

Before i switched to nods i had an vfc one which was good. But despite what they say the torch even with surefire batteries did *fruitcage* all as in Lumens wise. So just bought a torch for the job. Lasers are lasers..unless you buy a milspec one its nothing more as a pointer..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since this is for an MP7, the Steiner DBAL-PL might be worth considering too? I've done a review on it with NV, but it has vis light and laser, and IR illuminator and laser. There's also the VFC's replica of the LLM01 laser light module, which also has vis light and red laser, and is somewhat more "authentic" if you go down the German equipment route. 

Generally speaking, the G&P DBAL, while very decent, does not have a visible flashlight, but an IR LED illuminator instead, they have recently restocked the PEQ-15 models with white LED illuminator and red laser, which is the 3rd link you posted, so I agree with tquilha and would go with that. 

The reason why it's so much cheaper is because the DBAL are made out of aluminium while the PEQ-15s are plastic, I've had experience with the Element versions and suffered from poor external qualities (mount broke off), so I think the 3rd link you posted is a pretty safe bet. 

Archived