Gathering opinions and advice: Possible to marry a KWC Mini Uzi to a real steel Uzi parts kit?

Corbeau

My all-time second favorite gun is the Uzi, but unfortunately I'm SOL on buying an airsoft version. However, I was browsing Apex Gun Parts, and I saw this:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/submachine-guns/uzi/uzi-parts-kit-w-wooden-fixed-stock-type-2-demil-israeli-military-industries-good-to-very-good.html

Now, that's essentially my dream airsoft gun, since I already have AKs coming out of my ears. Does anyone who has more knowledge and experience with this sort of project know if there's a good option for a full size receiver and if the internals of the KWC could be squashed in there, or should I just pick up a Guarder aluminum kit and consider myself lucky to have an Uzi at all?

For reference, this is the Mini Uzi I've been looking at: https://www.airsoftatlanta.com/products/iwi-uzi-gas-blowback-smg-co2-by-kwc

I think the major problem youll run into is acquiring an Uzi receiver. In the US they are registered items and have to go through an FFL. so, its probably not worth it.

You could get a receiver flat and bend it yourself, but thats quite a bit of work to get it right.

• 1 month later...

I'm two weeks late, but having built a real Uzi from a US-made receiver and parts kit, I think this might be viable. The Uzi is a very simple design, but Brigg is right about the receiver being the tough part. I think you could legally reassemble a torch-cut receiver, using sheet metal and epoxy putty to fill in the gaps. As long as you cut off and fill in enough parts that it can't accept the full-auto parts anymore, it would not constitute unlicensed manufacture of an NFA item (something you likely wish to avoid).

Alternatively, if you are willing to go the FFL route, McKay Enterprises sells ready-for-assembly semi-auto Uzi receivers. It may be possible to directly attach the airsoft Mini-Uzi grip/trigger group to the full-sized Uzi receiver, which would make this a very easy conversion, but I'll need to do more research on that.

If you need more information or decide to go through with this, I would be happy to take any measurements of the full-size Uzi you need.

Archived