Classic Army budget M134 minigun ETA May 2017 $650

hitmanNo2

There's been a bit of discussion across a few threads about this but I don't think it has it's own thread.

Quite a bit of detail and pics came out about it at IWA '17 and seems pretty close to release. (May 2017)

Obviously not as intimidating as it's full size brother but what are you going to do at a fraction of the price (UK price supposedly £600-£700) Most likely £700+

Some details taken from BBDragon

Velocity : 120-137m/s.
RPS(Rounds per Second) :   25-28rds
Adjustable Hopup
Capacity ?2000 rds 6mm BB's
Power System  : 11.1v Lipo + 12kg Green Gas
Range ?50-70 meters

Fires from 4 barrels

http://www.bbdragon.com.tw/product_info.php/products_id/4940/Twesid/ab6e19be82e681d96526d0f31a933826

Yeah.  A whole can of green stuck in one of the tubes.  Maybe the OEM.  There is an old video floating around somewhere.

And yeah, barrels rotate, powered by battery, BBs powered by gas.

Would that even work? How would you feed ammo from the pack or is there a internal hopper in the gun?

I don't know how it would work feeding ammo from a pack as there's an internal hopper fed from the front in the middle of the barrels.  I was initially thinking chute with a belt to hide the airline.  Feeding BBs from a pack might be challenging and require a considerable bit of hacking.

I think I like it, but my concern would be the size of the gas can that powers it. It seems like a pretty good idea, but can sizes vary, so my worry would be that you are going to be restricted to a certain brand of gas only, and in some places that might be harder to get than others.

Not a fan of classic army at all, had 3 of their guns and broke 3 of them without doing much at all, so maybe this will either change my view or forever cement it, depending on the price.

• 2 weeks later...

So this gas canister one is basically the 5.56 minigun? I don't get why they would go propane/green gas rather than HPA for that but at least it will be easy to get it to run and you have the option of going back and forth. I love the idea of the minigun but the price has always been the kiss of death for me ah well maybe one day.

Having the smaller gun kind of makes sense as well with modern versions being manufactured again

In theory the rotating barrels shouldn't make it that inaccurate if its done well we may end up seeing an actual spin stabilised effect on the rounds.

It's an if I win the lottery thing getting myself a suburban and doing the USSS thing with a minimum turret.

To be honest I don't care how accurate it is or how much gas it uses, it just sounds awesome and it looks massive fun. I think it'd be a gun you'd use for around 20 minutes at the start of a game and then shove it back in the car with a huge smile on your face, when you've blown all your gas and bb's. I'm definitely going to consider one for my collection.

Gas gun at that ROF i'm thinking cooldown very fast.

Also hopup in rotation barrels guessing it is not gonna be very accurate

But damm it woul be a crappy feeling being meet by a highspeed AR15 running ROF 35

To be honest I have a pretty low regard for players who run these sort off guns any way , so wouldn't bother me at all !

No not at all , I'm talking about the M4/MP5/etc shoot so fast there's a solid white line coming out of the barrel guns of doom That I dislike !

I know it's personal choice what you shoot but I'm more of an as realistic as possible sort of player , as in AEGs with 'normal' rates of fire not ridiculous rates . I'm all for support guns (I have a 249 my self) I'd love a mini gun ! And love to see one 'in the flesh' it's just I really don't see the point of a 'handgun' doing 25-30 plus rds a second . Just my personal opinion , if you do want one crack on I'm certainly NOT going to say anything to you about it just don't expect me to have the same level of respect for you as I do for the the guy who's running an L1a1 thats only firing on semi like the real one did ?

Ah, okay, my bad. I didn't quite catch what you meant. And I totally agree. There's nothing worse than some guy blasting everything with full auto, emptying hi cap after hi cap. For me, I want my guns to be as realistic as possible, so stupidly high ROF is just that, stupid. Full auto is for suppressing, aimed shots on semi is the way forward.

Archived