Ferro Concepts The Slingster sling. Any users here? Decent?

hitmanNo2

The hardware looks like the one from VTAC but configured very similar to BFG sling

https://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk2.htm

https://www.blueforcegear.com/padded-vickers-sling

I have both but recently I use BFG exclusively, liking its ability to adjust both directions with only one "slider thing", and more comfortable.

While VTAC is not as easy to use i.e. one thing to grab for EACH direction, but it allows shortening to extra-tight to allow you free your hands quickly if you desire.

Check this Youtube vid and see if you liked how it works

Oh, BTW, Magpul MS1 also works the same way.

Eesh.. that review was hard to watch, never heard someone resort to the word 'thing' so much in relation to a product they apparently use all the time as well as selling.

Anyway, I'm liking the MS1 most right now, but a lot of that is because I build slings in to what I want using various different bits of pieces with lots of chopping and melting.  I've got a few padded Vickers here which are great for sure but if you're looking at buying on Tactical-kit I'd probably go for the Ferro being a tenner less, I'm pretty certain they're gonna do the same thing for you.  Admittedly I've not tried the Ferro (or the HSP D3) yet but for airsoft there's gonna be basically no noticeable difference.  As long as the piece of quick-adjust hardware on the given option works and doesn't slip over time, they're all high quality options.

Yeah, I have an MS1 at the moment and I've been meaning to do your mods CKinnerley but I'm feeling a bit lazy heh.  Plus I have more rifles than slings so one more couldn't hurt.

The D3 is insanely priced.  I'm not paying nearly a ton for a bit of nylon.

If you're not looking for MS3/4 type functionality (just running 2 point mode) there's no need to change an MS1, and if you are looking to be able to switch to 1-pt you just buy one of the adaptor components and an extra QD/Paraclip.  The mods take about 2 minutes with a decent pair of scissors and a lighter.

The D3 slk costs the same as the other options without hardware (Ferro and Vickers), but the original version comes with 2 QD points which would cost more to buy separately than if you just buy the D3.

Oh sorry I got mixed up, I've got the padded MS1 here so I'd assumed.

For me in terms of airsoft usage the padded MS1 is by far the best padded 2 point I've seen or used.  Because the padding is all stitched integrally to the sling (seriously fancy textile engineering going on) in doesn't kink or crease on the internal surface when curved around the shoulder.  The current production also features the best piece of quick-adjust hardware on the market to my mind.  Still don't see anything wrong with the Ferro if that's what you want and can get however.

You know, whilst taking another look at the slings on the market, I spotted the padded MS1.  I had no idea that existed. It does look pretty smart indeed. I guess I could just get that and transfer over hardware.

Archived