Sturm

I honestly couldn't give a *suitcase* about hop ups. Who cares? I don't. I do not skirmish.

About weight. I don't know. The WE is loaded with a bunch of pot metal junk, so that obviously helps with increasing weight a lot. WE mags also have a lot of problems. Not sure about GHK AK magazines. GHK M4 mags are great though.

I would definitely use one of the many steel outer barrels available for the GHK AK as well. That would increase weight. It would probably end up weighing similarly to a real AKM, or at least an AK74.

I can almost taste it. Full travel bolt (well, basically full travel) with the awesome GHK externals, and pretty much all steel construction. Not much could get better than that. It's surely something to wank over.

I said earlier the kit allegedly increases the bolt course to ~113mm. I stand corrected. It is 115mm. My WE AK PMC has around ~118mm of travel and a real AKM should have around 120mm (12cm) of travel. Not bad at all! For all intents and purposes it basically is full travel.

The original GHK AKs all have ~70mm of travel. What a joke...

It seems you have an unnatural attention to trivial detail, and an unrealistic expectations on life. 

I would recommend getting some life experience before coming back to the table, preferably in Syria, Yemen, Nigeria, Congo or Sudan.   

It seems you have an unnatural attention to trivial detail, and an unrealistic expectations on life.

I would recommend getting some life experience before coming back to the table, preferably in Syria, Yemen, Nigeria, Congo or Sudan.

What has that to do with anything?

'Trivial?' What is trivial? The amount of bolt travel? Hardly. I think it makes quite a difference.

About detail, I do notice everything. I notice anything and everything, and become fixated with mistakes.

I have not any purpose in any of those countries you listed. Why do I have to blow *suitcase* up in Syria with ISIL in order to enjoy a GBBR with a full travel bolt? Why? How about you ask those AEG skirmish addicts to go to Africa and 'fight' with their lawnmowers? I do not understand the analogy you are trying to make. Furthermore, blue-blood such as me do not get involved in such matters.

In my view OP is obsessed with something not exist (yet), if OP is a innovator/creator/manufacturer it is a good sign, a very, very good one.

OP as a consumer, like I said, won't be satisfied, at least in a foreseeable future.

With that said, I do share some of the "pain", luckily I have access to some machinery (or friends that have), once a while I get myself some dosage by messing with stuff.

What has that to do with anything?

'Trivial?' What is trivial? The amount of bolt travel? Hardly. I think it makes quite a difference.

About detail, I do notice everything. I notice anything and everything, and become fixated with mistakes.

I have not any purpose in any of those countries you listed. Why do I have to blow *suitcase* up in Syria with ISIL in order to enjoy a GBBR with a full travel bolt? Why? How about you ask those AEG skirmish addicts to go to Africa and 'fight' with their lawnmowers? I do not understand the analogy you are trying to make. Furthermore, blue-blood such as me do not get involved in such matters.

Do you have Aspergers? 

Serious question

If you're a collector who wants the most realistic materials and build, you're in the wrong hobby.

Collect Deacs instead.

Deactivated guns are oftentimes more expensive, at least the ones I would be interested in. Also, I do occasionally like to shoot my GBBs, especially when it is warmer out. I try to maximise the realism, whilst still being able to shoot and is somewhat reliable.

My whole interest in the GHK AK series has certainly changed within the last week. They seem like a viable option, and one that I might even be happy with (if such a thing is even possible). The fact that the W&S kit will release within a couple of weeks changes everything. It is just what I was wanting. It has around the same amount of travel with the kit installed as the WE AKs do, and has the benefit of having way better externals and is probably more reliable too. I'll certainly be watching this closely.

The GHKs are not as reliable as the WEs.

But go ahead, if only so I can read in a few months a thread entitled "GHK AKM SUCKS BUT NOT BECAUSE I BROKE IT"

Also: How the *fruitcage* did you fail to install a real AKM lower foregrip on the WE? It's literally a drop in replacement for the stock part.

Archived