AR AEG Selectors

TheFull9

Currently got an old(ish) G&P here in bits, entirely standard model.  Just trying to change the selector, but obviously to get the current selector lever out you need to remove the little screw in the back of it and to get to that you need to take out the plug in the hole that's opposite the selector (where an ambi lever would go if the gun worked that way).  Before I go hammering at it and maybe break something, any recommended methods?  Do they usually glue these bits in?

I just resurrected an old G&P m4, The nub you are referring to was glued in with very little glue. I just stuck a drift punch onto the nub from the top of the lower receiver and applied a little pressure using the opposing receiver wall. Obviously you  have to be careful not to dent the receiver.    

With all AEGs I've worked on so far they have been glued in with a minimal amount of glue. You should be able to easily punch them out from the outside with the help of a plastic tube and a hammer so as not to damage your paint or receiver.

@jv83: I don't want to hijack the thread but could you tell me which thread that receiver has? I have an old G&P receiver as well that I want to use for a recce build but I hear that G&P receivers are a bit tricky when it comes to threading. I've done some measurements with a caliper and I suspect that it is 31.8x1.5 Marui profile but I'm not so sure. I have sent G&P a message but haven't heard from them so far. Now, Nuprol makes rails which come with multiple barrel nuts so I'm hoping one of these will fit without issues. Maybe you have a clear answer for me? Thanks :)

Oh the old receiver thread question. :) I cant really measure mine as I have sanded it down and filed the threads to make it fit an acm Larue rail. I do know that it wasn't Marui compatible (well it is now!). I think some threads are metric and others are imperial. I think Madbull used to make a re-threading tool but some reported it as a pain to use.

Sorry I cant be of more help, but I'm sure a lot of forum members have a lot more experience with G&P receiver threads.  

Definitely did not try and hammer the blanking plug inwards from the outside..  aaanyway gun's sorted now thanks for that guys.

AFAIK, the G&P AEG threads are imperial and different to just about anything else on the market.  Not the standard TM spec that most guns use and definitely not RS spec either (I cut mine to RS spec).

Archived