Anyone do cosplay?

perunanuija

I cosplay, I cosplay badly. I've always steered away from using airsoft with a cosplay because of the extreme anti gun bigotry that this country has. Most cosplayers are fine with it, they assume it's a prop and therefore cool.

I can't find many pics at all of myself, mainly because I'm so bad nobody takes pics of me but here's me as a Mad Max generic punching a MLP Luna in Halo armour:

13308210_821867130360_180444781297043049

I have made a few brightly coloured IF guns for people over the years, and of course I made P_D a RIF Mauser c96 out of a nerf "Han Solo blaster":

http://ed-skar.deviantart.com/art/Nerf-C96-modified-Nerf-Han-Solo-Blaster-665857094

mauser_nerf_by_ed_skar-db0fmme.png

I'm calling in Mike ^^

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

You rang?

As I'm a huge movie freak, I was wondering whether anyone else has assembled airsoft guns and costume outfits maybe to take some pictures or go to a convention?

As for pictures, I spent the last few years on both sides of the camera while renting stuff to people, but convention organizers are notoriously fussy.

Here's a stack of things I've posed for.

And here are photos I took, not many guns in them, at least not now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a few different latex batman costumes, and a tight fitting Spider-Man one, but I am getting a little bit fat for them. I also have a Freddy costume complete with several different gloves, movie accurate and a more solid one for everyday wearing. Currently putting together a judge dredd outfit.

On a slightly different note, I did chuckle at the thought of someone taking a Han Solo blaster and making it into a realistic looking Mauser, instead of the other way around! Quality.

Archived