ASG Scorpion - Shooting slow af

TheFull9

Chrono'd my EVO3 A1 over the weekend (pretty much brand new it's only sat in storage), shooting a paltry 250 according to my new xcortech 3500. Took it for its' first game yesterday anyway because I was in the mall and it had enough range to do what I needed.  Still dropping off rather suddenly with 0.2s after about 35-40m though, no upwards curve with hop on max setting.

It doesn't seem to be cycling insanely faster than it ought to.  What do folks recommend to fault find?  Pop in a different spring from a gun that's known to shoot more around 320?  How bad are these guns to take apart and check air seal?

Almost certainly it's an air seal problem, according to lists it has a v2 compatible gearbox so it shouldn't be any more difficult than the average AEG.

Although as with any new gun, is it under warantee? Check that before you start taking it apart.

It's 'new' in the sense I've not used it, but typically I own things for at least a year or two (or three..) before I actually use them, so I don't think it's in warranty anymore and I'm a little adverse to sending it back to the shop I got it from for various reasons I won't discuss here.

I was hoping it wouldn't be air seal because disassembly (in terms of actually getting the GB out) looks a bit of a nause comparatively speaking, and to be honest I don't like doing it, but hey ho, I'll manage and needs must.  If a different spring doesn't sort it I'll have to delve in there.  Apparently there's no o-ring on the nozzle so that only leaves a couple of potential areas for air to leak around the piston head and cylinder head I believe?  Basic questions I know but this is not something I've ever really learnt about.

To my knowledge all EVO's are airtight unless they're broken.

Take it to a dealer, cause you'll most likely need parts anyway.

The EVO is well build, but easy to damage during assembly.

If you want to have a go at it yourself, i would suggest changing the hopup rubber first. It's a ASG Ultimate 50 degree hopup rubber.

Archived