M16 dmr

minisam92

Do tell what brand of drm you have.

Try ProWin cnc hop, and m16 length barrel ( pdi, km tn, prometheus,...) with a hard bucking -70°+ ( pdi, prometheus purple, maple leaf,...).

Advanced: try a solid outer barrel. Alu or steel if you find it. You don't want resonance.

Optimise your gearbox to consistently output that 390 fps. Air tightness,polished cylinder and at that fps probably radiused cylinder window.

You have your work laid out for ye.

Ah m16 drm, there's the time? Sooo 2006!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Think it's called a pj ? But apparently g&g gear box & hop up?

The lad I got it off fiddled about with it apparently?

Think I'm going to leave the gear box till something breaks or until I've got a spare rif

Never heard of a solid outer barrel ? Sorry for sounding a bit simple

Got a pro win in my m4 and it's ace not sure if the previous owners flat hopped it or what ever it's called as

The hop has got ptf tape on it :/

Would you recommend a 6.01 barrel as it is locked so shouldn't jam or would a 6.02 / 03 be better

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the quick reply

I'm using a CYMA M16 as a DMR. Locked to semi.

I put an Ultimate Infinity CNC motor in there, though not really needed. A Gate warFet because I'm using an 11.1v lipo (plus other funky features), and a PDI W Hop.

I'm also running at 390, and use .30 blaster bbs. I absolutely love it. Other than the hop dialling down (blu-tac it), it's stupidly good.

First thing I'd do in your case, is go up to .30, and judge performance from there.  :)

Was thinking of using heavier bbs but couldn't get any on Sunday lol

Do .3s make much of a difference?

Was using double polished .25s

I'm currently using a 7.4 lipo

Would there be much point using a 11.1 ?

Is there much point upping the fps ? Been told at one site I can go to 518 on a .2?

But heard a majority of sites are 459 as long as it's not auto capable?

I find the heavier ammo a significant factor in improving range and accuracy. I'm sure someone can explain the science, I just know it works :)

FPS is actually fairly low down the list in terms of things I look at changing first, but of course it's logical that performance will increase with more. Mainly because it will enable you to go up to a .40 weight bb, and get the benefit of that. Then it's just a question of hopping the heavier bb sufficiently, and fixing things when they go boink.

When heading upwards of 400fps, I consider an 11.1v lipo helpful. But a 7.4 will do the job well enough. I want very snappy trigger response, so I use the higher power, and a good mosfet. If you're happy with the trigger on a 7.4, and it pulls the spring.... there you go.

Mine does what I need it to do, at 390 and .30, so I've not really worried about upping it. 

Edit: thinking about it, I should add... On the stock CYMA hop unit, I'm on pretty much max hop on the PDI rubber. So I have no doubt there are far more efficient units available. It works, so I'm leaving it.

Looking for a little bit of advice got a m16 dmr locked to semi

Shooting 390fps on a .25

I'm wanting to get more range what mods can I do to improve this ?

Wouldn't mind a bit more fps aswell

Rhop/silicone cast/etc hopup assembly.

Dial in for 0.40 (white).

Up the spring power until you reach the limit for your site.

Replace parts that break.

That's how you get the best result.

• 3 months later...

Hej remember to inspect the internal quality of the barrel (shine a torch down it and have a look), I have had 3 very good zci barrels but 1 that had several long scratches inside it! May I also suggest getting a mosfet to improve trigger response and the ability to use stronger batteries without burning the trigger contacts.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody thing took it today and the range still is about the same as before the hop rubber & nub barrel and hop unit was fitted I'm not expecting miricles but it gets outranged by standard aegs , the hop does make a slight difference if adjusted correctly but not a lot

Checked the barrel and it seems ok but is only a 499 mm long could this be part of the cause ?

Or could I have an underlying common fault ?

Any help appreciated still seems to have the same sort of power ?

Any help appreciated was thinking maybe try a 550 mm barrel ?

Length alone shan't change a thing.

It's the cylinder to barrelbarre volume ratio that matters a bit.

Try and go for heavy bb's. .35 or .40 with a cylinder to barrel ratio of 1,4x.

It's said that heavier bb's require a bit more air in the cylinder. Also check the compression / airless

Is tha accuracy good though?

What springrating and fps do you have?

Edit: i've just noticed i've replied to this post before and never got back to it. Sorry about that.

Heavier bb's are essential, yus

Tried .3s and .4s distance doesn't seem that much improved from .25s accuracy is ok in fairness bbs just seem to drop after say 70ft ? My mates standard skorpion evo was outranging me the weekend :(

Could I be right in thinking there's some sort of gear box issue ?

How is your fps consistency? And what type of cylinder for what barrel do you have?

Haven't got a chrono but from the one I've used at sites it's fairly ok, seems worse since I've put this hop rubber / nub in was recommended 70 degree so bought a guarder set could this be the problem ?

Forgot to ad I changed the hop unit to a cheapo metal one would it be worth trying the g&g one and seeing if that works ? Also I'm going to sound really dim but can you advise me how to work out the cylinder to barrel ratio sorry for all the questions not used to aegs yet .

The M16/M4 G&G plastic hop up unit (grey with green bits) is a good one, another good option is either the ProWin CNC aluminium (blue with grey bits) or the ELEMENT copy of it in plastic (Red with Red bits).

Calculating cylinder to barrel ratio can be a bit fiddly. Can you tell us what the length of the barrel is and what target FPS or muzzle energy you're wanting?

Archived