Idea: dense rubber feed lips?

tinydata

I've recently stumbled back into airsoft and my love of GBB rifles hasn't faded. Here's a question for those who have the expertise and capability:

Would it be possible to mold GBB feed lips out of a dense rubber and still expect decent function? 

One of the major gripes is that you can't drop mags, but I'd imagine that a rubber bumper and feed lips could alleviate many issues

You can't drop mags with metal feed lips as they'll deform or ABS as they'll snap. But the likes of WE have been making them with glass filled nylon and they're pretty robust. Rubber is likely to be too soft for rifles or pistols that have heavy springs under them. Maybe a rubber overmold instead like phone protectors.

Generally the mags are tail heavy and they won't land on the lips unless you're working some kind of Hollywood wrist flick action.

The integrity of the gas "capsule" is what I'd be more concerned about after repeated impacts.

Generally the mags are tail heavy and they won't land on the lips unless you're working some kind of Hollywood wrist flick action.

The integrity of the gas "capsule" is what I'd be more concerned about after repeated impacts.

Hmmm, I think I will 3D print a flexible bumper that covers the whole bottom then

Archived