Inokatsu M4A1 2014 'Super' Version

Sturm

What is the general consensus regarding Inokatsu M4s? Are they good, bad, mixed?

I'm thinking of getting one, as I am predominantly a collector, and do not have much interest in skirmishing. I own a GHK M4, and as much as I enjoy it, I dislike how there are no 7075 aluminium receivers available for it that have Colt markings.

The Inokatsu M4s, on the other hand, were originally known to have a forged 7075-T6 receiver. Is this rumour and/or hearsay, or a statement of truth? Do newer Inokatsu M4s, such as the 2014 version, have a 7075 Al receiver?

UNcompany has one for a reasonable price: https://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=35439

However, I have no idea what version it is. Is it 2009, 2011, or 2014? I have no clue, and UNC's customer support is a bit, well, clueless.

I emailed Redwolf, and whilst more informative than UNcompany, they said that the 2014 version is not 7075 Al, but 'somewhere between 6061 and 7075' aluminium (whatever that is supposed to mean).

I owned a 2009 years and years ago. The nozzle broke almost immediately (common back then) and I had to hand-fit a RA-Tech aluminum replacement. It was very picky about mags but when it did work, it was impressive for an airsoft replica. 

If you want a wallhanger, the Inokatsu isn't bad. It looks realistic with the exception of the fact that they're too lazy to machine away the excess forging material at the front of the magazine well. 

I currently have a TM and couldn't be happier. It's Cerakoted and it works every time. 

Archived