Back to basics airsoft games

heroshark

Hi all. I recently held a game for my stag ,the basic premise was a back to basics take on airsoft. I enjoyed the day immensely, got to use some guns I haven't or never found a use for in years. But It was missing something and I did mention it on the day.... Springers ! So If you fancy some springer fun  join the group and if you are a non FB folk I will be popping up the events on here so you can get involved. Cheers guys hope to catch you soon :) .

https://www.facebook.com/groups/217570252062557/?multi_permalinks=218659128620336&comment_id=218893425263573&notif_t=like&notif_id=1493364064478165

Where do you draw the line?  Price point?  What about single shot springer/G&P/ACM pump shotties?

I found myself falling into the trap of trying to find the *best* equipment that would be allowed, and had to concede to myself that I'd missed the point a bit.

It's (as above) about putting the fun back in, and going back to just pure giggles. No arms race, no trying to tweak a few extra fps out of things etc.

As Ed said, I think "rules" are being worked on, but the original idea was that they wouldn't/shouldn't be needed - other than obvious safety ones like eyepro etc.

I myself intend to run a springer MP40 which as it actually comes with a scope rail - I shall be placing the most ridiculous sized scope I can find on :lol:.

Perhaps, if it was a springer featured back in the days of the full page SMK adverts it's allowed.

I remember people at school with the springer MP5s and M16s.  It would blow my 14 year old mind knowing what we could get today back then.

I can remember seeing the kits in a local model shop in the mid 80's. They had an M16 with a 203 launcher, which was a Christmas/Birthday dream (totally unrealistically given my age, and lefty parents) for years... You're absolutely right, the kit of today would have been mind blowing! :)

I can remember seeing the kits in a local model shop in the mid 80's. They had an M16 with a 203 launcher, which was a Christmas/Birthday dream (totally unrealistically given my age, and lefty parents) for years... You're absolutely right, the kit of today would have been mind blowing! :)

i used to have that m16/m203. the old academy "screw n' glue" kits. had the xm177, m16a1 and the m16a1 m203...... great days ^_^ 

Hey guys will be ironing out the rules tomorrow . I so want a tm train gun rc and I will have one sooner or later. These are purely springer games so no gas or electric .I'm thinking a sub £50-60 as new retail price point (ie you can't count 2nd hand cost) and sub 250fps . No shot guns ,definatly not trishots or under levers as too easy to keep on target while cocking . The only thing that's thrown me is I would like to allow gindan guns but I want to make it fair as they are semi auto. I'm not disallowing tweaking as it is the bedrock of airsofting. Plus I've already tweaked mine before I even had this idea so it would be unfair of me to not allow others. 

gindan guns ... are semi auto.

Technically they are double action and not automatic. They are also a lot lower powered than most repeating springers. I'd personally say they fit the bill because they are rubbish by airsoft standards, though your decision stands.

My derringer is also a double action springer, albeit not anywhere near as good as the TM gindan. Mine just has a wire that flicks BBs out at 30fps (yes we chronoed it)

Gindans have to be ok.... I just bought one for this! :lol:

I was thinking about tweaking things more from a personal mindset perspective.Being able to hop a .20 will probably take a bit of a fiddle (fnar), but I'm not going to try and push into "skirmishable" territory, if that makes any sense at all...?

I'm really looking forward to it, I think it's going to be a blast! 

To think I was going to bin my Hapdong AUG springer that I've had sitting around for over 13 years soon!

Even if I don't get to use it myself it might actually find a new home that isn't landfill now, it might be a bit high end though, it has a metal outer barrel and a 2x zoom scope ;)

EDIT : Ahaha, Antics still have it listed in their archive, 0.3J!

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1056_1_12082.html

To think I was going to bin my Hapdong AUG springer that I've had sitting around for over 13 years soon!

Even if I don't get to use it myself it might actually find a new home that isn't landfill now, it might be a bit high end though, it has a metal outer barrel and a 2x zoom scope ;)

EDIT : Ahaha, Antics still have it listed in their archive, 0.3J!

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1056_1_12082.html

My house *looks* like a landfill, if that helps. :P
That aug looks pretty sweet Rob. Right'o these are the revised rules of the 2 basic game types. Look ok?

LOW END SPRINGER GAMES:-

1: Any low end spring power gun is allowed . As a guide be below £50 average retail price. Have a mag capacity of 50 rnds or less, be sub 250ish fps. I'm not allowing lever action or shotguns, definitely no tri-shots. I will be flexible and make some exceptions if you ask. Things I won't budge on is power level, power source and no tri-shots.

2: No tactical gear bar holsters.

3: Light weight bottoms and a top. Preferably like so see no uber leet tactical clothing, remember this it about getting back to basics. Even better jeans and a t-shirt or similar will be ideal. I will be holding these events in the warmer times of year so you won't want to be wrapped up plus you won't feel hits off springers if you are bundled up.

4: Only ammo carrying devices allowed are mag pouches that are attached to pistol holsters. If you want you can also carry spare mags, speed loaders/ammo or pyro in your trouser pockets. You can also leave supplies and guns at regen to speed up re-stock in game.

PISTOL & SHOTGUN GAMES:-

1: Any spring ,gas or electric pistol or shotgun will be allowed but has to have a mag capacity of 50 rnds or less and sub 350 fps. I will be a little flexible with this, like small smgs. I will make some exceptions if you ask.

2: No tactical gear bar holsters.

3: Light weight bottoms and a top. Preferably like so see no uber leet tactical clothing, remember this it about getting back to basics. Even better jeans and a t-shirt or similar will be ideal. I will be holding these events in the warmer times of year so you won't want to be wrapped up plus you won't feel hits off springers if you are bundled up.

4: Only ammo carrying devices allowed are mag pouches that are attached to pistol holsters.If you want you can also carry spare mags, speed loaders/ammo or pyro in your trouser pockets. You can also leave supplies and guns at regen to speed up re-stock in game.

5: Were all big boys and girls who know not to spam and its a lo-cap game fully automatic fire will be allowed if you have guns that are capable of.

This actually sounds like fun. I remember when we all kept a springer pistol, a couple of spare mags and a shottie with spare mags in our kit for "just in case". Ended up using that shotgun a couple of times.

Mine were generally TM 1911A1's and TM G17's  (I still have them as well as about 50 others)  and a pistol gripped Maruzen 870. My other favorite rifles are that Double Eagle FAMAS and a un-know MP5 (destroyed when a water pipe let go and filled the crate several guns were stored in) that was super accurate and very well built.

Broke out my favorite TM P7M13 just now. It sits in it's cordura nylon hold with attached spare magazine pouch. Going to shoot it today for old times sake.

Have never understood why TM didnt make a GBB version of this.

Archived