Your first awareness of Airsoft

Wow. Airsoft Dynamics. I haven't heard that company mentioned in a long time.

IMG_2975_zpsxyx0i1gf.jpg

I was into Airguns growing up and like some of you, I enjoyed the sliver of Airsoft material in Gun Mart.

The only Airsoft gun at a local gun shop was a KWC Colt Python. That was my first.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add, I remember being bought my first air pistol by my parents, and having read numerous airgun magazines I had chosen.

Whilst at the gun shop I spied a silenced H&K MP5. It was the best thing I had ever seen, and asked the proprietor to have look at the 'heckler and kochlner mp5'. I knew exactly what it was called as I was an early teenager who reads gunmart...

He laughed and showed me the box, knowing was a little *rickroller*.

That also got me hooked that you could buy toys that looked like real proper gunzz!

I would laugh but I had a mate who was stung by AD.  He had bought an AUG, bunch of mags, batteries and other bits a few days before they went dark.

I knew they were iffy so the order was done on my mother's credit card, got home from college the next day to find a long box wrapped in brown paper waiting for me :D I must have been one of the few to receive an order that fast, if at all that year!

When i was at school in Eversley there was always rumors of "BB Wars" nearby and once we got access to the internet (yeah im old) we found the Ambush Eversley website. Once i got to college many moons later i finally managed to go.

That's where I played my first ever game as I lived in Blackwater.

As for being aware of airsoft it must've been about twelve years ago for me, I bought airgun mags as I did a little bit of pellet shooting with my break barrel and really wanted to get into ratting for local farmers. I remember seeing the Logun S-16 and wanting one desperately.

One day I saw a magazine next to my airgun mags with guys in cool camo on the front so I picked it up and was hooked.

Articles in GunMart somewhere round about 1984 mentioning some big event in wales and guys converting Famas' into SA80s.

Also fairly sure Arnies had a comic strip in it round about that time as well (or that mightve been the 90's, I'm old dammit)

Famas didn't come out till the early 90's, Arnies didn't begin till the late 90's or early 00's.

I remember being in Airsoft Players forum in the early 00's, then Airsoft Retreat from mid to late 00's and that's gone too, now Arnie's is my home.

Famas didn't come out till the early 90's, Arnies didn't begin till the late 90's or early 00's.

I remember being in Airsoft Players forum in the early 00's, then Airsoft Retreat from mid to late 00's and that's gone too, now Arnie's is my home.

Mustve been round 89-90 then.

ASR also had a terrible hierarchy, admins sucked and most of the new players that joined were morons. But they had the best techs, who gave out solid advice. Best reviews for the (then current) ACM guns. Great solid info on current mods and new tricks to upgrade your guns, and decent classified section. From 2006 to 2011,  there wasn't a forum with as much wealth of info on guns as ASR.

But like I said, it became a forum more about about hierarchy, and demanded professionalism from 16 year old kids who were new to the game. Finally, the admins forgot to pay the web host and never recovered. 

I read an article in FHM about BB guns and it talked mostly about electric guns and mentioned skirmishing that must be about 2004 and I collected for about a year before my first skirmish.

My first gun was a ICS MP5 quickly followed by a ICS M4 both were about £200 I remember going to my first skirmish and everyone had either classic army or TM guns this was 2006 pre China invasion.

Curlyboy

The Sussex Model Centre in Worthing was probably my main source of airsoft guns growing up.

Before it moved premises, I went there probably every fortnight for a year (from Newhaven) to oogle at their collection.

And then I started to save...and then my dad bought a load of broken 'wall hanger' springer rifles from them and I was absolutely hooked from there on in.

This would've been around 1995-1997.

My old man bought me a kit to make an M16 when I was about 11-12 so we are talking 86 - 87 it was a spring one with the orange shuttlecock type projectiles, also got a 203 for it too! then about 2006 I was into collecting swords and a website had the golden eagle??? G36 the lpeg with the laser and what not and i thought for £30 or what ever why not have a punt, then i stumbled across an issue of AI and that was the start of the slippery slope...

I had that G36!

I think it was 'double eagle' brand. I got it after a mate got a CA M16 as a gift, but I didn't want to spend hundreds of pounds to try something new. I bought a CA M4 CQB not long after... This was circa 2006.

I had that G36!

My first  AEG was an old Double Eagle G36 with the LED lights and *suitcase*, then I got an TM G36c for my first serious skirmish. Took 5 months of whoring myself out around the neighborhood (cutting lawns, cleaning gutters ect) to get that TM. Got it, and broke the handguard in the first week. Was sad about that and then I realized it didn't even matter.

And to think, I spent $225 on an TM G36. I wouldn't even fart on an G36 nowadays.

Archived