Ares EFCS G36 + Gate mosfet

FELDJAGER

Hi all,

After a couple years hiatus im trying to get back into the swing of skirmishing again, but theres a lot of new developments that are pretty much over my head. :blink: 

My goal is to get a full size G36 and use a gate warfet to precock it and use smart mode to adjust the rate of fire down to a pseudo realistic level.

The only hang up is that Ares now uses some goofy mosfet in their guns. The G36 version looks different than the blue M4 version that has a magnetically tripped sensor that acts as a cutoff lever. If the g36 also shares that feature then precocking should be pretty straight forward. But the customizability with minimal mechanical fuss of the warfet is very attractive to me.

Does anyone have experience using a gearbox like this with a gate mosfet?

http://www.aresairsoft.com/gearbox/gbe-004?rq=efcs

I've emailed gate but no response yet.

thanks for any guidance.

• 4 weeks later...

Doesnt work :unsure:

Built in Ares mosfet prevents the warfet from working, in hardwired and pug+play mode. Its pretty easy to change the cut off timing by moving the magnet in the sector gear to precock the aeg. This doesn't allow you to decompress the spring without removing it from the gearbox :(.

I ended up buying a S&T parts gun that uses the older style Ares microswitch setup that allows me to use the warfet and precock as the mood strikes me :D.

Here's the build if anyone is interested.

Archived