VFC FNS

CZFan

Not a single mention on this site of it... its new but 2 months time is plenty. im itching to pick one up.

anybody have it? 

(please keep the stupid ewww cybergun banter out, heard it all, don't care. this is a VFC product)

I think there is a lot of concern over the magazine and the durability of the small nub that keeps the magazine locked up in the pistol. I dont see how it will hold up to long use. It's sort of like the issue with the KWC Broom Handle Mauser magazine.

We will have the same issue with the new Beretta if they ever come out with a good GBB of that as well.

you mean the little spikes like on the fnx mag? 2/3 fnx mags leaked out of the box (bottom seal, either assembly error or gasket is oversized and gets pinched. ) so I never spent any actual time with that gun to cause anything to fail

• 4 weeks later...

Well finally got it. Absolutely brilliant. Nothing like that pig of a *suitcase* FNX...

Let me just say that this is the best VFC product ive touched to date. Their glocks are a joke in comparison

correct. uses FNX valves. I dropped a high flow from AMG for some extra kick. it actually kicks the muzzle up now. recoil spring is what I would equate to 150%.. I suspect they will be coming with a steel set for it later one so they prepped it for that.

Haven't tried it on propylene yet, as cool down isn't an issue on propane.

going to be dropping in some adjustable sights next week. or maybe this week.. looks like the dovetails are to spec but will see. 

^not even close, hammer fired double action and (half) de-cock safety, vs Airsoft style striker fire.

It kicks very very nicely, and the trigger is one of the best I've ever felt on any airsoft gun ever, the pull is pretty hard, but the wall is solid and breaks really positively. The only problem I had with it is it shoots to the left a little, gotta dissemble it and make sure the inner barrel / hop is aligned correctly, and do the old tape mod to the inner barrel to see if that does it without having to move the sights to compensate. 

NonEx, on 07 Jun 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:NonEx, on 07 Jun 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:NonEx, on 07 Jun 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:NonEx, on 07 Jun 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

Ah OK. Good to know.

Not a fan of the FNS model though.

For me the VP9 is the best VFC pistol I have seen to date with all steel internals which seems promising :P

vp9 is on my radar, but im trying to finish up a few current projects. im still meddling with the HK XDM. did you know the real recoil rod is a perfect fit vs spending 50$ for the 9ball.. :)

for some reason my barrel was too long (the outer one) so I cut it to proper length last night and just polished it out somewhat. not sure I want to cerakote it down the road. I like it like it is. i'll edit with pics in a few

JH6P8bP.jpg

e1rqrpl.jpg

tv3h3iW.jpg

I don't know if VFC makes 2 versions again.. 1 for export and one for "asia only". or if they changed specs last moment from their stock photos. as I said my barrel was 5mm longer than it had to be and it was very noticeable. some work with various tools fixed that tho. not bad, I think I got the bevel on the muzzle right.

as for the finish, just a quick pass with 1000 grit wetsand. not sure I want to take it further.. maybe some more sandpapering is needed around nooks. looks like EFK dragon barrel which is fine. the stock one is anodized and removing that didn't reveal many pores in the cast alum below. a couple but nothing like old school KSC metal (ugh omg). the slide appears to be powdercoated.

FN wont sell you any spare parts (they insist you send gun back to them for any and all work/parts) so a bit of a let down but we all knew that already.. so no sudden tinkering with FN  bits here unless a dealer of theirs has the parts I want in stock (currently, nope)

Well don't bother with sights... no go. BBU bolts through rear sight and also other problems exist. It is fixable much in the same fashion like kits for KJW did it... but the chance of us seeing a kit for this is negative infinity. Front one ok, you can make work but the rear, besides aforementioned annoyance, has a dovetail that is based on some guestimate.

On the up side, I think the sights I have will work on the FNX (I know real ones share the same dovetails). FNX has a similar design but having the RMR plate, that is used to hold the BBU as well so you can just ignore the 2 screws that go into the rear, and there isn't a protrusion from the unit into the sight base like on the FNS. Ill toy with that later... else Ill just have to toss em in a bin and forget about them. insert angry murmur here

More upside... the stock FNS sights are useable, unlike the plastic holes that come with the fnx. one can live with them...

blasted 20 mags through the gun yesterday. 0 issues. Im liking that.... rails show no wear. neither do any of the other internals. Not even paint is coming off.

I think ill order another one and run this one until it fails. See how long that takes.

more fun facts. over the past few days have reached out to 10 dealers and distributors of VFC and CYBERGUN about spare parts. guess how many have responded: a predictable 0.

Think I might just have to pick one of these up. While spare parts availability always seems to be an issue with VFC products, I've only had one issue with one of my 4 PPQ's (a sloppy amby-safety), I was still able to get a replacement, it took awhile to find it, but I found it. They are good shooters as well. Not super powerful, but accurate, decent range and a load of shots from a mag full of gas.

Yup, I guess I will put one in the collection.

blobface, on 11 Jun 2017 - 05:32 AM, said:

Just buy spare from kicbbgun?

none listed. do they actually order for you? I've dealt with them a long time ago but its not a retailer that's on my to go list since I find their system cumbersome.

Think I might just have to pick one of these up. While spare parts availability always seems to be an issue with VFC products, I've only had one issue with one of my 4 PPQ's (a sloppy amby-safety), I was still able to get a replacement, it took awhile to find it, but I found it. They are good shooters as well. Not super powerful, but accurate, decent range and a load of shots from a mag full of gas.

Yup, I guess I will put one in the collection.

you should. another 12 mags down, 0 hiccups. if this reaches 4000 rounds without a malfunction, it will achieve my seal of approval

so right now im at 32x20 (I don't put in the last 2 bbs) = 640 shots of actual bbs. + all the other messing around im doing to it.

Another recommendation for Kic from me. Send an email stating what you need and they get back to you with a price and how long said price is valid for. This fns is getting my tongue wagging but I might stick with the hk45c (when I get around to buying it that is).

Next question is does anyone have a parts diagram for this thing?

I don't have a single HK... never even touched a real one. Never... its like the void in my airsoft and shooting interests. I've looked at many but the closest I came to was the vfc 417. then started reading on all the mess the metal on it was and the rest you know how it goes. Since I cant just buy something and let it be...

Archived