VFC FNS

CZFan

Do they not come with exploded diagrams in the manuals?

VFC licensed pistols are really bad at including this. Neither the PPQ, FNX, VP9 nor FNX seems to come with any in the box.

But high quality PDF/image is always better anyways :P 

Never seen an exploded view at all for the PPQ actually.

Ironically enough, the real FN is also horrible at that. They will not sell you parts. They want you to send the gun to them and wait 3-5 weeks. But will not sell you a single spring. Sometimes parts leak out to a random distributor but takes years for a restock if ever.

So its very fitting cybergun and vfc are making FN replicas. 100% realism :)

meanwhile my FNS sights that I couldn't mount on the FNS fit perfectly on the FNX. Fully adjustable Williams firesights. In the open they are like LEDs. Put the stuff from Dowson to shame in that area. So here, enjoy my FNS not on my FNS now FNX sights....

msE0kkX.jpg

U8gM3S9.jpg

jCWM8Lz.jpg

Holster notes:

FNS fits in leather holsters for Glocks. Full and compact framed from G20 to G19. XDM holsters, CZ p09/7

FNS fits in the following serpa holsters, kydex off brands, aliengear: G20, XDM, CZ P09. Not a perfect fit but usable. Some have reported it goes in a sig 226 quite well but I don't have any sig specific accessories any more

Serpa does have a holster for that but its for the 5" comp slide so you have to cut it a bit else its stupid big.

All in all pretty versatile

1040 shots  + however many manual racks and what not.

note: I chemically blackened the barrel. really hated the silver look after all. I did that the day after I posted about polishing it after having to cut it to proper length. Not sure if there's several lengths and I got the long one? oh well.

Im running it in rapid reload until the whole thing freezes (ice on nozzle + slide) and it wont even cycle anymore. repeat. I figure that much thermal stress should break something soon. Maybe. This takes 3-4 magazine reloads on rapid fire ( I do mean rapid). You can run through a single mag full auto and it doesn't care.. but keep doing it, it freezes fast. mag itself never ices, but the entire BBU assembly frosts like the north pole.

This leads to ice melting turning into water and washing away the nozzle lubricant. Nozzle ends  grinding to a halt against the rubber seal once it all warms up and expands to size. I use murder oil on the nozzle and have to reapply after every session. The rest of the gun has been greased once after purchase and mostly without removing the factory gunk. I'll talk more about lubes down the road I  guess.

No actual wear on parts that I can see, no malfunctions. im rough with it but not abusive, as always.  This is all done with a high flow valve as well. and 1 magazine because I want to see if the nubs on the magazine will snap; some people have said that is an issue on the FNX and this uses the same system. 

KIC is waiting on VFC to get back with price and availability of my insanely long parts list. I'll let you know of the prices once I know. hopefully they aren't sky high

BjaDuiV.jpg

JMOPWnN.jpg

YQnU5LU.jpg

Oz8niff.jpg

Acid wash. casey birchwood makes a bunch of products for that. It reacts with the aluminum surface. It is technically for touch ups, but works on any size surface. just that color will vary so not something id recommend for highly visible areas like slides, receivers etc. but a mostly hidden barrel works 100x better than paint

I'm on the fence with this pistol. I'm looking to make a purchase and I've got 3 different pistols on my list. They are the FNS, CZ P09 Duty ( I have a couple already, but it's my favorite double action/single action pistol when using C02 and I shoot them a lot) or the newly released WE-Tech M45A1 (using the new frame and internals that appear to be based on the new 1911A1 they released in the past year).

have you looked at the evike 2011. not sure whats inside it but looks nice on the outside.

haven't shot it today but I inserted the mag for 10 hours straight. I don't think those catches are breaking and im sick of touchin the mag. time for some off time lol

I've seen it and it does appeal to me, but the price of the pistol and 2 spare magazines is right up there. If your having as good luck with the FNS mags (10 hours? thats dedication!), maybe I should give it a go. Something different for the armoury.

Going to have to start getting rid of some stuff. Running out of room and have some pistols that I never shoot anymore. Time to give some up.

I never sell anything. I know the moment I get rid of something, i'll miss it, even if I haven't looked at it for 10 years. It also allows me to go back in time and look at how a company has evolved. Anyone remember the original kjw 1911s? man that slide moves on its own axis over the frame... heh

next update at 2k, but KIC got back to me. I have to say that prices for this gun are very reasonable (a complete nozzle is like 6$, just the housing 2.xx$). A little cheaper than what you would pay for stark spares overall. Once again many thanks to those who pointed me in their direction, as I never would have thought they could do this.

2000 milestone reached..

things done so far:

- added more lube to rails at 1340. did not clean the old stuff. added some heavy duty ptfe lube to nozzle, got tired of murder oil evaporating....

- tightened front sight. this is the result of me shoving this in a holster designed for another gun. 

- touched up scratches (most of which is wearing off again). a lot of those are from the hardshell scorpus holster for a glock 20 (fits perfect actually) with normal use the takedown lever and sights will last a loooong time. not like the WE stuff that rubs off on your finger out of the box.

No malfunctions. 0 double feeds. 0 light strikes. 0 failures to cycle. but before we celebrate, there is potentially something big brewing up. i'll speed up testing to get the numbers up. will know soon enough if its something of concern or just me starring at it for too long and seeing things. I mean I can measure what im seeing, im just not sure if 1. will get worse till it kills the gun 2. its how it came from the factory. I wont say more right now because it could be nothing.

still running 1 mag. I almost bought some today but decided not to. because of that issue above that could be nothing or could be VFC being vfc....

pics for clicks

7QV42xf.jpg

pvdTVov.jpg

b6ZXHv9.jpg

SOOwX5c.jpg

0S6aYxX.jpg

Took apart the upper just to take a look at something, which of course required cleaning the now black grease to see anything... and so  found something. The hop up halves are held together with 2 screws (coarse thread, strange actually).  The first one fell out, the 2nd one was loose. I didn't threadlock them but I did give them a crank when I bought the gun. On first impression the threads don't seem to have pulled, but I do notice they engagement is at the very tip of the screws. Perhaps it might be time to epoxy them in place sealing the unit for good. Won't know until I clean up all the oil and mess with it later. In any case, it would appear the outer barrel is holding the unit together so it cannot come apart anyway...

I suggest these screws be a normal inspect and tighten every 500 rounds, but certainly nothing broke, as of right now that I can tell.

Took apart the upper just to take a look at something, which of course required cleaning the now black grease to see anything... and so  found something. The hop up halves are held together with 2 screws (coarse thread, strange actually).  The first one fell out, the 2nd one was loose. I didn't threadlock them but I did give them a crank when I bought the gun. On first impression the threads don't seem to have pulled, but I do notice they engagement is at the very tip of the screws. Perhaps it might be time to epoxy them in place sealing the unit for good. Won't know until I clean up all the oil and mess with it later. In any case, it would appear the outer barrel is holding the unit together so it cannot come apart anyway...

I suggest these screws be a normal inspect and tighten every 500 rounds, but certainly nothing broke, as of right now that I can tell.

As somebody thinking about buying this gun, I really appreciate the work you are doing dude! Thanks!

I like doing these. It's fun

3000 reached. its a bit over in reality but who is counting.

Last time I said I feared something was going horribly wrong. That something was the end of the slide where the recoil rod goes bending outwards. I figured it was from the stress of that part taking the brunt of every slide actuation but apparently, that is how its cast. It has gotten no worse and manually poking it with some beefy pliers resulted in nothing. Im glad to say I don't expect the slide to self destruct like on the stark glocks. The curve is very light which is why it took me that long to notice it. you really have to use a straight edge and place it at the front of the slide to see the light gap at the curve base. If it was bent by 2k, it should have gotten worse or snapped at 3k. Since none of that is occurring, id say casting imperfection.

the hop up housing. the screws had just come undone. there was no threadlock as I suspected, and there was no damage to the threads. locked and assembled it back. will see how long that lasts. using regular blue, which is a bit weak for my taste but I have a huge bottle that needs to get used up.....

To do the above, I rebuilt the upper (slide) the night I made the 2k post since I couldn't see anything through all the black goo grease everywhere. No wear to speak of, however there is something to be very aware of when you are disassembling the slide, ill explain below (way below), with a picture.

Back to regular programming:

no malfunctions, no double feeding, nada.  added another magazine to speed things up. 

slight wear on the valve disconnect in the hammer housing as it slides against the steel plate on top. It was rounded, now its clearly showing a flat edge where it contacts. plate on the slide itself is like "gimme me more bro I aint feeling it". keep in mind, all these parts are some sort of ferrous material (highly magnetic, and highly shiny) so they should take quite of abuse against each other.

Cooldown issues: still getting nozzle freezing which is the only problem of this gun. granted it did take 750 rounds today for that to occur but my aim here is to just put bbs through it fast, so cooldown is a pita esp with the high flow valves. had to relube it (from the outside reaching in, no taking apart anything) at 800 and wait till the slide warmed up., I actually used a hair dryer to assist it. this gun hates water! and melting ice = water = bad. Once your slide and nozzle get cold and condensation forms, you have to service it. At the least, let it warm up, try to dry it somewhat and relube. Else, well... the nozzle will either not seal against the shrunken seal or when its warm and wet, will grind to a halt against the seal and cause failure to cycle. Pretty typical GBB operation really.

under normal use you will probably never get it that cold. The root cause appears to be the magazine cooling on the inside, while remaining warmish on the outside. You are pumping cold gas into it, cooling the assembly and shrinking the seal. As you shrink it, it lets gas slip, reduces efficiency, needs more gas to cycle and thus makes the problem worse fast. But because the magazine remains rather warm on the outside, it can be deceiving! I said earlier this gun freezes the slide, not the mag. 

I removed the VFC front sight and drove in an FN one. the VFC is really held in by the set screw so its barely staked into the top of the slide.. the FN one fits very well in the dovetail. Still, the FNX dovetails are more precise for sure, but this one isn't going anywhere either!  difference? there isn't none. apart from it not being that sandy powdercoated like paint or whatever they used. I say whatever because all the touch up on the slide I did wore off, yet I used the same procedure and chemical to do the entire barrel and that is holding up much better. so not sure if there is a difference in the alloy between the slide and barrel. 

Don't forget, you can only fit front sights on this >> look some posts above where I talk about that when my Williams sights arrived.

UnhNL3x.jpg

FTacUpj.jpg

yep that's a real FNS 40 spring assembly. yes its going in. yes im waiting on something else first :) and man, that .40 spring is tough! if anybody wants a spring for .40 fns/fnx? I have one. heh. and if I didn't tell you, you can't tell the sight has been changed. VFC really does some things as accurate as they get.

PiGdtHK.jpg

Slide disassembly notes ^^. When you are taking the slide apart, do it in these steps or enjoy stripping screw holes. Take out the 2 screws that hold the BBU and bolt into the rear sight (pink circle). slide the sight off.

Then, see the green circled screw? That holds the front of the metal plate in. The rear is attached to the BBU and cannot be taken out on its own. The plate and BBU come together. However, the screw is likely captive in the plate, so if you just keep trying to unscrew it, you will eat your threads as it will try to bend the plate up and destroy its threads (which means you will need to epoxy it back or get a new slide)

gently and slowly begin to unscrew the little bugger as you pull up on the bbu and try to lift it up and out. unscrew, pull repeat until its out.

real FN backstraps fit just well and I like them better. VFC ones are literally rubber, and I like the harder shinier plastic. also, they are cheap :)

Real magazine release will not work. FN uses a center detent, VFC uses 2 side detents because of the BB channel. much sad. I really hate the whatever its made off stock release.

1000 certified rounds to go. I'd say it will make it. I will actually be very sad if it doesn't..  Did I ever explain why I came up with the number 4000? well most users will never go over 5k on a real gun, commercial applications will see 10-15k before being replaced and those who put 20 50 etc through them are literally people who do it for curiosity or cheap commercial users who just run things into the ground.  4k is a nice number since no airsoft is built like an actual weapon. you can put in all the steel kits and parts and it still wont be anywhere as tough (what is mild steel with tensile strength resembling 7000 alum for 3000$, one should ask FPR. see if you get an answer)

4020 And we are done. (gun has more but I only documented the 4k because pen and paper are hard to keep handy)

HUv6iMu.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzgDqQhL1uw&feature=youtu.be

For those who don't watch videos, here is the summary:

- 0 issues. No failure to lock, failure to return to battery, failure to cycle, double feeds, empty feeds, inconsistent blowback. nada.

- insignificant to no wear on all parts that I looked at.

- finish started reacting. not sure if something I touched but it appears to be losing adhesion to the metal in parts. recent occurrence.

- works in water, drowned in water, etc

- polymer is very hard to get shiny. you really have to ram it against something over and over. and it restores easily with steel wool to like new matte.

- only used with the AMG high flow valves and raw propane (I don't mix it with lube, ever, and you should stop doing that too if you are)

- the first magazine fill valve has survived plenty stabbings with the madbull stainless adapter.

If you are on the edge, buy it. One of the best airsofts to ever be released IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Just got one the other day and I must say I'm very impressed!! Best VFC gun I owned by a mile. Steel hammer parts, hammer, slide stop and other bits and bobs is great to see on a gun for this price. And the fact it's so snappy is really amazing specially considering this is s VFC made pistol. 

Archived